• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not quite, but soon. Carmina's finishing up the order as we speak, and it will probably take about two weeks for shipping and customs. I'll post up everything here as soon as it arrives.
We should be good on all of the listed styles except the Sinclair in Cognac shell. We used all of the available Cognac for that awesome Bal Boot MTO project, so that's been pushed out until 9/15. And the loafers will be a handsewn in Snuff Suede and a Goodyear Welted model in Caramel calf.

Bummer! This was the only one I was after. Glad to know it's still on the cards though.

diglett

Reaction score
Oh man, I'm sorry, you are 100% correct. They were set to end tonight rather than yesterday - that was my mistake.
Everything is reactivated and should be back on the site shortly. And I'll check in all day, but if anyone wants to order and needs a size or width added, then let me know. We'll absolutely get you onto the preorder.

Last night I just thought "Nah, I don't want those awesome calf/suede bal boots." After waking up and seeing your post about extending the deadline, the thought of those boots nagged at me all day, until I finally caved and submitted a deposit; I'm looking forward to wearing those beautiful boots this Autumn. Thanks for the time extension, Mike, and for the sizing help a few pages back.

mrbrioni

Reaction score
Just made my deposit on both the Carmina boot pre orders. My first Carmina's.

Now on to the waiting game.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - Do you mind giving us a total of the special orders when available? Thanks

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Huge thanks to everyone who ordered our MTO project shoes! We're wrapping up everything today and submitting it to Carmina ASAP. I'll give you guys a total of how much was produced by style as well. I know that 9 very rock and roll dudes bought the python austerity brogue and 11 guys bought the Cognac Shell Bal Boot. :slayer:

Ruby, ruby, ruby..

+1000. Just waiting on an update from Betty and Horween. The next shell delivery comes in early Sept, so we'll see what we can get out of that. Delivery on the shoes would then be mid-September. If there's quite a bit of Ruby, we can float a few ideas. We only need to make 6 units per style. I'm definitely thinking a boot and a shoe.

I'm actually pretty bummed about the ruby wholecut. I would love a shoe in ruby, and I've been dying for a nice wholecut, but I just can't stand the look of the wingtip on the wholecut.

Oh well, you can't please everyone!

Oh, I wasn't suggesting the brogue wholecut in Ruby. I think that would be a nice piece in something like Caramel Calfskin.

Right now, I've got some Saddle on hand. Would anyone be interested in a Saddle wholecut? We could just do it straight-up with no extra details. I think that we could make about 8-9 of them with the remaining leather.

Bummer! This was the only one I was after. Glad to know it's still on the cards though.

Definitely, just waiting on the leather to come in. Hopefully it will make out 9/15 delivery.

0waterbouys

Reaction score
+1000. Just waiting on an update from Betty and Horween. The next shell delivery comes in early Sept, so we'll see what we can get out of that. Delivery on the shoes would then be mid-September. If there's quite a bit of Ruby, we can float a few ideas. We only need to make 6 units per style. I'm definitely thinking a boot and a shoe.

Would there be a maximum cap on the number of shoes/boots available in Ruby seeing as how it is so limited? Also when do you expect the order for the calf/suede and scotchgrain bal boots to go in? Thanks for all the hard work!!!

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A caramel calf wholecut brogue would be great. Is the caramel calf lighter or darker than the tan?

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Would there be a maximum cap on the number of shoes/boots available in Ruby seeing as how it is so limited? Also when do you expect the order for the calf/suede and scotchgrain bal boots to go in? Thanks for all the hard work!!!

Yes, there would be. We'll get first crack at the incoming shell for early Sept. I'll get a quote from Betty as to how much is confirmed en-route and shipped, and then we can build out some styles together and figure out how to use it.

At the moment, we have Burgundy and Saddle on hand. Early Sept should see Navy, Ruby, and (hopefully) a good amount of Cognac.

Calf/Suede and Scotch Bal Boot orders are getting submitted tomorrow. Cognac shell bal boots were already sent a few weeks back. Although we quoted October, I think that late September is very realistic for these. We have all of the materials on hand, and they already worked out that pattern on the Forest last for us.

A caramel calf wholecut brogue would be great. Is the caramel calf lighter or darker than the tan?

Carmel Calf is this color. It's seriously beautiful, and IMO can be worn all year round. We first brought in these Caramel double monks last October, and guys had no problem wearing them in the F/W.

Pricing would be good on this. Somewhere in the realm of $550 with trees.

Saddle shell is actually pretty similar in color tone when the shoes are new:

But the key differences is that saddle will darken more with age and it has that shell cordovan feel and luster to it. And the price will fall around $850 with trees.

sask boot

Reaction score
Im the proud owner of many pairs of aldens but after reading through the forums it sounds like when I get the cognac bal boot that relationship will change. To owners of both brands out there is carmina that much better and will I not look at aldens the same?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the sake of color comparison, here's a pair of wholecuts in tan. (photo taken from The Armoury)

Thanks Dig - I was trying to post the same pic but I have not figured out how to post a pic from an iPad. I need a pair of tan shoes something fierce!! Would love to have the tan calf in a Derby or brogue wholecut like you mention.

One Eyelet Derby

Last edited:

Pastor

Reaction score

Im the proud owner of many pairs of aldens but after reading through the forums it sounds like when I get the cognac bal boot that relationship will change.  To owners of both brands out there is carmina that much better and will I not look at aldens the same?

I think that there is a place for both. Nobody does casual boots like Alden and their LWB is unparalleled. I'm keeping my Ravello Wing Tip Boots, My Cigar Indy Boots, and my #8 Caotoe boots. I'm also keeping my Cigar LWB, my Tobacco Calf LWB , and my Sand Suede LWB. All of these I wear for casual wear. I'm going to start selling off all my other Aldens. I think i'm going to start branching out to Carmina (and others as well) for my dress shoes. The Snuff Suede that I have has blown me away with their quality. I'm trying to get the fit down just right but I already have two more pair coming and i'm looking at possibly ordering a forth pair soon.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The next shell delivery comes in early Sept, so we'll see what we can get out of that. Delivery on the shoes would then be mid-September.

Insane turnaround time.

To owners of both brands out there is carmina that much better and will I not look at aldens the same?

Yes. The materials and finishing on Carminas are superior, and I much prefer continental European lasts like Carmina's lasts. (This being said, I still love my Indys.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads