1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Bursting my own bubble, I'm almost certain Robert doesn't come in a wide fitting though. So probably not the best bet given that it is also an unknown last to most. I'll be happy to see how this Ruby makeup works out and then put my money down or not. No worries, I'm sure there will be some beautiful shoes out of it.

2. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Can someone tell me what thread Mike was referring to yesterday when he sai the new Steinbeck offerings will be on thread on MC. Thanks in advance

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, here's the cross-post from the MC thread:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/313923/...tyleforum-fall-12-shortwing-boot-project/0_90

[​IMG]
    Steinbeck boot in Midnight Calfskin

[​IMG]
    Sinclair Boot In Horween Saddle Shell Cordovan with Cognac Scotchgrain Plug

[​IMG]
    Steinbeck Boot in Grey Suede

And now for the details:

1. The "Steinbeck" and "Sinclair" are two variants of the same style. The Steinbeck is heavier and more casual, which hooks & eyes and a combination rubber and leather sole. The Sinclair has a dressier profile with a leather sole and blind eyelets.

2. These boots are offered as a preorder item. From now until Monday, Sept 17th, we'll collect preorders and deposits on each of the styles. After the 17th, we'll compile all of the orders and submit them to Carmina for delivery in late Nov, early December.

3. Each preorder requires a non-refundable deposit: $350 for the calf and suede boots, and $500 for the shell boots. Each style will be cut to order, and as such, is final sale.

4. Solid wood fitted Carmina shoe trees are included in the price for each boot. Final price with trees is $685 for the calf and suede variants, and $950 for the shell. Shipping within the USA is free, and international shipping is available at an extra cost.

5. Both the Steinback and Sinclair are on the Forest last. This is the most popular last in our collection and it's one of the finest and best-fitting lasts that I've ever encountered. Its high toebox and rounded front gives it a very versatile shape, and it looks substantial without becoming too chunky.

6. The Forest Last is offered in a WIDE fitting. Although we don't have wide sizes built into the preorder items ahead of time, we can add those sizes by request. The Forest Wide is essentially an American "E" width. If you need a wide size, just drop me a PM and we'll add it into the drop down.

Please hit me with any feedback or questions that you have! We're really looking forward to this. If you have any questions on sizing, leather, details... anything... I'll be happy to answer them.

And I'll have something special to show all of you next week. We had the pleasure of visiting the factory this July, and I'm putting together a PDF photo book of what we saw. The craftsmanship at Carmina is really incredible, and I think that you'll dig the pics.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

that gray suede is something else. wow

5. bibs

bibs Senior member

The Shell / Scotch combo is a beaut !

Will the Midnight Calf MTO Jodphur's be around the color of the Steinbeck boot in Midnight Calfskin ?

6. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

I really like all of them, Mike. Very nice!

7. scb

scb Senior member

any chance you have anything in a wide forest last in the manhattan store to try on? I love the grey suede, but trying on a wide carmina first would be nice

8. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Mike are any carmina lasts able to be made narrow, or would they just have to be made on a last runs on the normal side (simpson?) ? Thanks

9. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I know, I'm in love with it. That one was all La Guy.

Yes, they'll be made in the same exact leather. It's that dark navy calfskin. FYI - that pic is just a photoshop mockup, it's not a shot of an actual sample. But I did a pretty clean job on it if I do say so myself. :bigstar:

And in terms of color tone, Midnight calf is IMO a perfect shade of Navy. It's dark enough to look sophisticated, but it won't be mistaken for black - it's definitely dark blue.

Unfortunately no, but swing by the store anyway. You can try on the medium width and we can advise as to whether or not the wide will work. As a guide, we first look to determine that the length is good. With that, you should be able to lace the shoes up fully without a HUGE amount of space between the quarters and significant discomfort when the shoes are on. If the quarters are laced a bit wider than usual and the shoe feels a bit tighter than it should, then you can be reasonably confident that a wide fitting will work.

No, they don't specially do narrow fittings, but the Simpson is a great choice for someone who typically wears a narrow - especially a narrow in Alden. It's a very slim and tapered last.

10. UnreasonableMan

UnreasonableMan Well-Known Member

Would have to pass on the forest last jodhpur, it kills it for me. IMO the clean vamp of a jodhpur boot needs a sleeker last. Forest looks great for wingtips and captoes though.

11. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Quote:

12. diglett

diglett Senior member

Eh, you can't win them all; I passed on the Midnight Jodhpur because it was on the Rain last. And it has nothing to do with casual or formal; I just don't like the slightly squared toe.

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

[​IMG]

Austerity Brogue from the Spring...

14. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

Just to weigh in here, I actually would want the Jodphur boots on the Rain last too, mainly because I already have a pair of the above suede austerity in Rain and I know my size in that last. So if there are more interest in the Rain last, we could go ahead with that too.

15. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

Does carmina have an austerity brogue boot in its repertoire?

16. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I'd REALLY like an austerity brogue in plain black calf. I know it's a boring thing to do for a MTO, but it would also be beautiful and quiet, which is what you want sometimes.

17. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

[​IMG]

This if it was a balmoral would be awesome. I think Mike said he was going to chocolate brown austerity brogues in October. Black would be nice too.

Another Idea would be a burgundy calf balmoral wingtip, or the Ellison captoe in navy calf. I'm in for any balmorals...

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ I fucking love that C&J boot. 360 last. That would be an awesome makeup

19. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I hadn't even thought of an austerity brogue bal boot. That would be lovely, and I'd probably be down for it.

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ that would awesome. What I like about the C&J is that its open lacing and yet it looks really dressy