• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike you are killing it right now. What color is that wholecut?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike you are killing it right now. What color is that wholecut?

Haha, thanks! Well, they're the ones killing it, I just shoot the photos :)

I believe that the wholecut is chocolate calfskin. The color looks a little off in the picture. I was thinking that this could be an awesome dressy MTO project for us. Maybe caramel calf, light edgetrim, leather sole? The price would be good on it too.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
first time ive seen a wingtip wholecut like that-looks great.

count me in for the ruby red shell in a loafer. you were right Mike, ruby red is incredible-surprisingly wearable.

Last edited:

MaxK

Reaction score
The wholecut is pretty cool. How about a straight up wholecut with a rams head medallion?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ruby shell does look good. Is that burgundy balmoral next to it on the Robert last? That's a nice looking shoe as well. I'd be interested in an MTO in that shape.

The Inca double monk looks great in every color?:)

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I really need to try a pair of Carminas, some of the stuff here is looking pretty incredible. The prospect of green shell sounds very tempting.

You should, i think youll be impressed. Everyone ive spoken too agrees that Carmina is head and shoulders better than Alden.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You should, i think youll be impressed. Everyone ive spoken too agrees that Carmina is head and shoulders better than Alden.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Aldens, yes, but Namor's right. Carmina blows Alden away. **** Mike, you're totally blowing my budget...I love that Jack Ruby...hate loafers though, any plans for a shoe in it, how bout the punched captoe that was in burgundy next to it?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I love that Jack Ruby...hate loafers though, any plans for a shoe in it, how bout the punched captoe that was in burgundy next to it?

Right now we don't have anything on order in Ruby - it's totally wide open. The shoes pictured are just Carmina showroom samples, they're only to illustrate the color.

We can do anything! I've been kicking around the idea of a tough Sinclair shortwing boot. Brass hooks and eyes. Storm welt. Huge double leather sole :devil: I'm waiting to see what kind of delivery we can expect on a 16-20 unit run.

Match those with the navy tweed pants that we're putting out this Fall, and things are going to bonkers good!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Aldens, yes, but Namor's right. Carmina blows Alden away. **** Mike, you're totally blowing my budget...I love that Jack Ruby...hate loafers though, any plans for a shoe in it, how bout the punched captoe that was in burgundy next to it?

I share your sentiment regarding Alden. Love the brand and still try to wear a pair once a week. Their shell boots are iconic.

I'm down for a ruby red makeup. How about a 3 eyelet derby?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics