Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

I'm for the split toe monk and if I did not have that option I think a short wing would be much better than a whole cut, can't stand whole cut's for some odd reason.

2. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I agree - short wing in either a tan calf or the saddle cordovan (prefer the calf)

3. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Short wing in the saddle cordovan would be awesome!

4. rmspawn

rmspawn Senior member

I really do like the "dark cognac" color we have been seeing in these pictures. My vote is still for a bal boot, but I'm now loving the look of the straight tip and the metal eyelet/speed hook combo. I still vote for dark cognac shell and either leather or dainite sole.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  5. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Both the boot and shoe styles seem to be coming along nicely -- the one suggestion I would make is for whichever make up is done in shell is to consider the dark red shell color that is available. Have heard that dark red in Horween shell parlance is strikingly similar to Alden's #4 -- the rarest of all shell colors. Something to consider.

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^, and ^^. Second thoughts of both rmspawn and CHRK33 above. Might be worth considering the #4ish color, though I suppose ultimately it's not #4. It's Carmina's dark red.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

So for the Balmoral Boot

Color: Dark Cognac (Brown), or Red, or Scotch
    Sole: Dainite or Double Leather
    Last: Robert (Mr. Chengs brown boot pictured with the punched captoe)
    Lacing: No preference on metal vs blind but we need speedhooks on a balmoral. I feel like this is a must.

My balmoral boots have never pulled a hem. Ever. However, my Alden boots do. The balmoral boot is snug around my ankle and thus takes up less space underneath my pant leg. Plus, Balmoral speedhooks are slimmer. Its not an issue.

I'm actually I fan of speedhooks on Balmoral boots because without them, it would be difficult getting the boots on and off. Think straight jacket for your feet.

8. mymil

mymil Senior member

I'd be happy to investigate tonight. I'm nearly positive they are blind metal eyelets, but I will double-check.

9. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

It looks like we headed toward two different shell makeups. For namor's bal boot this makes sense, but as Mike said— it would give people more options if we can one shell, one non-shell option, both of which affect price and delivery time. Have any of you seen Carminas french calfskin in person? Apparently it's phenomenal.

10. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I continue to support calf in the shoe (though I may end up placing an order for the boot as well)

11. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Having seen the calf in person, I can attest to its spectacular - ness. Really amazing.

I imagine their suede is equally impressive, so that's why I was pushing that or chamois. Something different and unique.

Their calfskins are generally available from their website and Mike is likely to continue to do calfskin every order. We might as well push the envelope on something unique that Mike might not otherwise do without a built in preorder list, i.e. dark red or navy shell, navy oiled nubuck, chamois, etc.

12. rmspawn

rmspawn Senior member

While I don't entirely oppose the idea of a #4/dark red boot, I find it the least versatile of the colors we are considering. My personal (if not ridiculous) preference aside, everything else seems to be moving along well with this boot. Are we leaning more toward a punched cap toe or a straight tip at the moment? Either would be fine by me but I already own more of the prior than the latter.

Still on team dark cognac followed by scotch and dark red. :slayer:

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

No split toes in any combination please.

14. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Do you know how much of a pain these would be to lace with all blind eyes? The Ed Green Shannon is blind eyes and hooks. The hooks on these are way up there - snagging should not be a problem.

15. JPFNY5

JPFNY5 Senior member

I would agree with these options. Something Unique that maybe they have never done before!