Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes, but not on the 9/15 order. Probably on our 11/15 delivery.

You and me both! Thank you!

Very cool! I really dig these too. Are you guys thinking about doing the bal boot in black as pictured? I'm not usually into black boots, but this is pretty freaking tough all monochrome like that. Could do the shaft in black shell or black calf and have the mixed media effect.

Pricing will be pretty good, I'm thinking in the high 600s, low 700's range with Carmina shoe trees included.

Not worn, but here are some natural light photos of my EG Westminsters in navy shell. You can see the nuance of the navy color tone here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mothball

mothball Senior member

Really excited about both of these.

3. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

These look awesome but i'm wondering what you would wear navy shell with. I'm in a suit 4-5 days a week but not sure I have any suits that navy shell would work with. I can't picture them with jeans either???

4. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

On the pebble grain bal boot I actually like it as is. I think mixed media would be better suited for something like the suede/calf bal boot that is going on already. For fall/winter it seems like sleek, clean black would be a great choice for it but I really dig that "tough, monochromatic" look it has going on. I may be in the minority though... Would it be shell or calf if it were to be a single leather rather than mixed media? My vote would be for shell but that'd probably affect it price wise I imagine.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I think you could wear these two ways, first way is just substitute them for black shoes, second would be with a solid grey suit, no matter the shade. Navy would bring a nice pop.

6. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I believe the pebble grain is calf...and I would prefer to have the same details.

7. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Mike, what would be the prices for caramel and suede loafers?

8. 0waterbouys

I could be on board for calf as well. As long as they look like that, I'm in.

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Edit: got my answer!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012

11. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Yes!!!!! Will this be on the Forest last like the saddle shell Sinclair Wingtip Boot?

12. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Me too.

13. Epaulet

Solid advice right here. Even if they make up on the more navy side of midnight, they'll look ace with a black suit. And outside of suiting, Navy Shell is a great match to denim and chinos.

Agreed, let's go forward with it as is. I think that this makeup looks tough as all hell.

The handsewns are going to be about $335. They're AMAZING! Easily the best quality handsewns that I've seen for this price.

Haha, I've actually worn them quite a bit, I just haven't taken photos of them since the initial shots. I love them actually.

Yup, the same exact last. The Forest last is a phenomenal fit and a really great shape. I like that it has that chunky Austro-Hungarian character, but is still slim-ish and refined. Add in the fact that you can make it in wides and it's definitely my go-to last for boots.

SWATCH FOR PYTHON AUSTERITY BROGUE

Hey guys, check this out:

[​IMG]

This is the "Cognac" python that I was thinking for the Austerity Brogue makeup. How do you guys like it? The other colors (green, red, black/white) are all really bold, so I think that this will be a cool way to make up a shoe which is really special, but not completely screaming at people.

14. Epaulet

Carmina for Epaulet Shell Bal Boot Preorder Extended Until Monday

Hey guys,

I had a few people call over the past few days and ask for an extension on the preorder period until Monday, due to summer weekend traveling and Father's Day. As such, I've extended the preorder until Monday night. We'll wrap everything up then and submit the order to Carmina first thing on Tuesday. If you still want to order, there's a little more time to do so. Here's the link:

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1385/Special-Order-Chestnut-Shell/Detail

And as I mentioned, we've already exceeded the minimum order to make this style, so it's definitely going to happen. I'm just extending it to give a few more guys the opportunity to order them. If you want to get onto the preorder, it's going to be pretty ace!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

15. 0waterbouys

I'm extremely excited about that pebble grain bal boot. I don't know if this has already been answered but what last is it going to be on?