1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

You better invent a time machine then. :)

Ordering the austerity brogues as we speak. Sick.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Mike, what will the price be for the chestnut shell wingtip boots?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  3. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Me too!

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Well, we tend to make things that aren't in the usual Carmina stock program, in order to offer something different.

But I'm definitely into a project like that. What do you guys think of wholecuts? Carmina does a BRILLIANT one. We could certainly do a black or brown makeup, in calf or shell.

Haha you and me both. Once the pricing comes through I'll put that up with a quickness. I'm really glad that you guys floated that as an idea.

Ah fixed - thanks!

Thank you sir! These are going to be bonkers good.

They'll be $895, same as the Saddle ones.

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Wholecut could be interesting, or even an austerity brogue bal in calf. :nodding: Trying to add some more formal additions to my very modest collection :nodding:

6. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I own the Carmina brogue in Snuff Suede and I own a pair of Double Monks in dark brown calfskin. I'm at a loss of which pair of navy shells to buy. I'm leaning toward the brogues but the double monks are going to look awesome as well. I'm also going to be in on that suede/calf boot.

Mike, a whole cut sounds unbelievable. How about something in calfskin with a tannish color?

7. Artking3

Artking3 Senior member

These boots are gorgeous! Between these and the suede calf boots, this is going to be an expensive fall season.

8. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

Agreed. Once I saw both of those boots I knew I was going to have quite light wallet this fall. I'm just hoping that the price for both of them wont be 1500+

9. Epaulet

Ah, we'll have you covered on the calf Austerity Brogue - we're already bringing that in Chocolate for 9/15.

I can check on pricing for a Caramel Calf wholecut. That would make up as a gorgeous shoe, and I think that the price would be very good on it. I'll see what they come up with. We could do it with a very simple flat welt, but give it the slightly thicker sole of the Fitzgerald and Salinger boots. It would still be a formal, straight-up dress shoe, but I could easily see that worn with jeans as well.

Hmmm, tough question there! Both are going to make up brilliantly. Personally, I went for the double monks as you'll see more of that navy fading with the additional working parts on that shoe.

It definitely won't be over $1500 for both of them. I think it will actually be a bit less than that. I should have the final price today, and we'll go live with them tomorrow.

The Python will be cheaper than shell cordovan - somewhere in between calf and shell pricing.

10. diglett

diglett Senior member

Yes, please! I hope it's not in bad taste to mention another retailer, but The Armoury had a gorgeous Carmina wholecut in some sort of tan on the Inca last. I discovered that after it was sold out in my size, and I don't like the lasts of the wholecuts on Carmina's online store, so I would definitely hop on a wholecut order.

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^ Interested in wholecuts and I like the Inca last... :)

12. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

mike - are the python austerity brogues going up for pre-order soon? do you know how the rain last fits compared to the robert last? i have a captoe oxford in the robert last and they fit pretty well. i was thinking of getting the same size (uk7).

the caramel wholecut sounds pretty sweet, i might be in on that as well. is the caramel color similar to cognac? these look amazing: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640209

please keep the next set of carmina pre-orders up past july 9th. i'll be backpacking next week in jasper/banff with limited internet access until the 8th. :)

13. Epaulet

Hey guys!

Thanks for your patience, I built out the other three styles last night. Everything is now available for preorder! Here's the links below: The new styles are open until 7/16.

The pricing came out pretty good too - it's going to be $685 for the two non-shell bal boots and $750 for the Python brogues. Carmina shoe trees are included.

[​IMG]
    Special Order Black Scotchgrain Bal Boot DEPOSIT
    This is the exact boot that we'll be making

[​IMG]
    Special Order Calf and Suede Bal Boot DEPOSIT
    This is the exact boot that we'll be making

[​IMG]
    Special Order Cognac Python Cordovan Austerity Brogue DEPOSIT
    These are going to be incredible! I can't tell you guys how excited I am for them. They'll be the mens version of Betty's Python brogues, in the cognac brown colorway. Good lord.

And here are the two Navy Shell preorders which are up until 7/9.

[​IMG]
    Special Order Navy Shell Cordovan Austerity Brogue DEPOSIT

[​IMG]
    Special Order Navy Shell Cordovan Double Monk DEPOSIT

Please shoot me any questions if you have them. The Rain last is pretty similar to the Forest and the Robert, so most guys will get a great fit by ordering the same size.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  14. 0waterbouys

Just put my order in for both bal boots!!! [​IMG]

Thanks a ton for putting this together!

15. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Mike, not sure if it is just me, but when I try to order the suede/calf bal boot, the checkout screen shows a total payment due of $500. But the deposit is only $350. Maybe there is a mistake on the back end. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  16. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Nope. It's not just you. I had the same issue.

17. 0waterbouys

Odd... My transactions went through fine. $350 for both boots, $700 total.

18. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

I just figured it out. It has to do with the sizes. When I added US 10.5 (My size) It's $500, but when I added US 9, the price was $350.

19. Epaulet

^^ Ah, sorry guys, that's my fault. I copied the shell bal boot item (which was $500) and it looks like I neglected to update the price on a few individual size variants. I'll check it over and get it fixed tonight. If anyone overpaid on a deposit, we'll refund the difference back to your account.

20. Kingcarn

Kingcarn Well-Known Member

In for the pebble grain boots, but if there aren't enough takers and the calf/suede boots are a go, I will gladly switch.