1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

do you guys think the lighter color of that salinger shell would be conducive to a more casual (not too casual) outfit? or would I need to go for something darker, like the brown on the carmina chukkas epaulet is offering? I'm all about versatility, and would love to have a pair of double monks that would work for a variety of instances.

2. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Is this a restock of your Fitzgerald and Salinger or are the monks made on a different last this time?

Awesome. Are those the Leffot MTO?

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

IMO they can both be worn casually or dressed up. I've worn the saddle shell with a navy suit, charcoal flannel trousers, olive khakis, and jeans. It really depends on your preference.

That said, most guys would probably find the brown calfskin to be more versatile. There's very little that a pair of medium brown shoes won't match. The saddle shells might be too light for some looks, but light-toned shell cordovan is very rare and radiant in a way that no other leather is.

It's a straight restock of the Fitzgerald shortwing (forest last) and the Salinger Double Monk (Inca last)

And yes, those Edward Green's are the Leffot special edition MTO. It was a nice project - he donated the proceeds to Japan. I actually haven't worn them yet, but I'm breaking them out this weekend for the first time.

4. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Was hoping it was a new double monk made on either the Simpson or Robert last, perhaps even in suede.

'Imagine these with brown edge trim....' Are you hinting at a possible navy shell double monk or was that a reference to the navy shell jodhpurs?

5. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

I will be on those boots so fast.

6. gentpax

gentpax Senior member

Mike, any thoughts on doing a Carmina staple business shoe like a black captoe bal?

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

quick question did you guys order the balmoral boot or did that get canceled?

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Both, actually. We'll run the Navy Shell Jodphur as a special order piece for Fall. And I'll almost surely do a Navy shell double monk on a medium brown sole. I love that combo to death!

Absolutely. We have a beautiful captoe bal with punching coming in chocolate calf for the 4/15 delivery. I'm open to doing it in black for the Fall too.

Although black shoes are strange these days. When I bought for Saks back in '00, we'd sell 5 black shoes and boots for every 1 in brown. These days it seems like that ratio is reversed, at least for my customers. But doing a versatile black dress shoe makes complete sense. We did quite well with the black calf double monks.

We just pushed it out. I'll restart it in May, and we'll look to get the boots delivered in September. I'm going to run the preorder in both Saddle and Chestnut shell.

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

a double monk in navy shell would look crazy good. once i hone my sizing in Carmina, i would like to try to get people on a navy shell austerity. i really like austerities.

I have too many black shoes. need to expand my browns, tans, burgs, etc.

10. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Mike - I would be "in" for the navy double monk and a black cap toe in medium lasts. I really need a black punch cap toe really bad. I was going to order from the Armoury but I'll wait till fall if you guys are going to carry it.

11. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Awesome! Simpson, Rain or even Robert last would be better than Inca.

12. Cuttingboard

[​IMG]

Do we still have any interest in the green loafers? Any idea what last these are on?

I'm very interested but would like to wait until the Austerity Brogues are delivered so that I can see how the rain last fits before ordering another pair. Anyone remember when the Austerity Brogues are to be delivered?

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Mid to late april

14. Cuttingboard

Thanks...the wait is killing me!! :D

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

if this was last march, i wouldn't be anxious. but it's in the mid 70s here and it's sunny and i want some snuff suede on my feet.