Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. SeventyFive

SeventyFive Well-Known Member

Still sad that the Austerity Brogue won't be available in a narrow width. It looks like a great shoe. I'm hoping there is some good news out of Pitti about narrow widths, especially for the upcoming balmoral boot.

2. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Well I just pulled the trigger on the MTO suede shoe. Can't wait to get them in. Hey Mike, how much trouble would it be to get some matching belts from carmina? Also, how much would those cost?

3. ymmt

ymmt Well-Known Member

Went in for the austerity brogues as well. Hope they match in size with the Forest Last since I have a pair of 797s that fit just great. Could be useful is defining the shell bal boots you guys are looking for?

[​IMG]

They need to be cleaned up a bit more... But I really like the design, color, and the dainite soles.

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys,

I got three phone calls today to preorder the Austerity Brogue, so we reopened it.

If anyone is still interested in ordering, please do so anytime today or tonight. I'm finalizing the order and sending it tomorrow so that they can get it into their system on Monday.

5. Epaulet

Carmina Rubber Sole Options

Get ready - I've got some great photos to show you guys!

First off, a lot of guys are interested in a rubber sole for the Bal Boot makeup. Carmina has three great options:

[​IMG]
    Standard Dainite Sole

[​IMG]
    Dainite Victory Sole

[​IMG]
    Dainite Combo Sole

The third one was my favorite by far. It shares some style cues with the Alden Commando sole, but keeps a very low profile on the side. Seen from above, it looks the same as a leather-soled boot. I think that this would be an excellent choice for the Bal Boot makeup.

6. Epaulet

New Leathers

Here's a couple of new leathers that they're showing. The first two are called "Lama" - they're matte French calfskin with a subtle grain and one of the softest hands I've ever felt. The leather is gorgeous, and priced in line with their usual calfskin. They offer the usual black and dark brown, and these two colors which I really liked:

[​IMG]
    Lama Terracotta

[​IMG]
    Lama Graphite (a beautiful and unusual medium grey tone. It's straight grey - this photo gives it a small color cast with the indoor lighting)

[​IMG]
    They have a new Scotch Grain supplier. Just wanted to show you how fine the grain is. The hand is softer than the usual scotch grain too. I almost never do scotch grain makeups, but we'll surely use some of this for Fall.

7. applky

applky Senior member

^ Been looking for some high quality scotch grain forever at these prices. Looks fantastic.

Winner is the Lama Terracotta I think, but they're all terrific. And love the "Dainite Commando" sole. Thanks for the photos!

8. Epaulet

Interesting Shapes

Here's some interesting shapes which jumped out at me. You can see most of their assortment at the Carmina website, so I didn't shoot their more known styles. Apologies for the color cast due to the tradeshow lighting.

[​IMG]
    Bal Boot in Color 8 Shell :slayer:

[​IMG]
    Captoe Jumper Boot in Saddle Shell. These are amazing in person, would be a phenomenal F/W boot)

[​IMG]
    One of the most elegant Tassel loafers that I've seen. Beautiful makeup in navy suede. Would be excellent in a caramel calfskin for May delivery.

[​IMG]
    I personally love this style. Great way to have the Double Monk profile with a unique shape you won't see elsewhere.

[​IMG]
    This perf captoe looks great in chestnut shell

[​IMG]
    I'm impressed with how nicely Carmina executes this staple style. It's in Color 8 shell, on the Simpson last.

[​IMG]
    I'm not sure if you guys are open to an exotic leather, but dark brown lizard is pretty subtle and very cool. The pricing falls in the middle of calfskin and shell cordovan. Could be very cool to do a trad/anglo style in this.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012

9. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Great stuff. However, I was curious as to where we were in the Balmoral cordovan boot plus the cordovan Jodhpur boot discussion.

Apologies if this has been already answered but I was looking forward to whether we were going to do the boot and in what color. Based on the answers I have already held off all shoe purchases so far, so it would be great to know if we are or are not going to do this.

Also, those first two boots in your link look great, especially the second (saddle).

10. Epaulet

Well, I found out that both Chestnut and Saddle are available. Navy Shell is backordered from Horween. So I'd suggest going forward with the Bal boot in either Chestnut or Saddle. With a one-week preorder period starting this week, we could get a delivery on it by early May. The Robert last is only offered in Medium width. As I learned, the Forest last can be ordered in a Wide, and the Rain last can be ordered in a Narrow or Wide (sadly, only for a few patterns though - which didn't include the Austerity Brogue that we finalized).

I'd love to put together the Bal boot preorder next week. It seems like these were the preferences:

- Chestnut Shell Cordovan
    - Robert Last
    - Perforated Captoe
    - Blind eyelets with speed hooks
    - Antique edge trim

I think that most guys assumed to use the leather sole, which we certainly can. I'd definitely suggest considering that Dainte Combo sole too, which could be a cool option. The final price depends on the final mix of styling, but it will be around $1K - $1,100, and I'll pay for everyone to have the Carmina shoe trees included with their boots.

11. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Thanks.

I am indifferent to the last. However, I would prefer the color to be Saddle, as this is the closest to the Alden whiskey (IMO) and the chestnut is too close to the brown/ burgundy combos in C&J, Carmina and Alden I already have.

Please let me know how we can drive this forward.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

12. scb

scb Senior member

i have never seen #7 cordovan before. wow

13. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Interesting Shapes
    Here's some interesting shapes which jumped out at me. You can see most of their assortment at the Carmina website, so I didn't shoot their more known styles. Apologies for the color cast due to the tradeshow lighting.
    [​IMG]
    Bal Boot in Color 7 Shell :slayer:
    [​IMG]
    Captoe Jumper Boot in Saddle Shell. These are amazing in person, would be a phenomenal F/W boot)

Fellas, what do you think of the Jumper Boot in #7 shell....Will look amazing.

Let's get that one rocking!!! :slayer:

Mike, any chance Carmina has access to #4 shell from Horween?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

14. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

Mike, I have that sole on a pair of Carmina's. I agree, it would make an excellent choice for the boot.

15. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I would like to have one of each except for the boot!!