• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this where you sign up for the green calfskin loafer and navy captoe, for May delivery?:confused:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, I have a bunch of shoe pictures to show you next week. But here's a shot of the people behind it. Betty and Antonio Albaladejo, with yours truly in the middle

Looking sharp, Mike. Well played!

gracian

Reaction score

Haha, yes, they do actually. They've got both a green and navy calfskin. And they could probably burnish the green leather to have all of that shading as well. I dig that look too. And of course there's always Loden Shell Cordovan.

Now that is a MTO. I would be down for this green loafer with some burnishing all the way around. Now if we could get a matching dark green belt, then we would be all set!

I would suggest having a blind strap across the loafer like this brown suede version.

Last edited:

silence76

Reaction score
I already preordered the Austerity Brogue but have second thoughts about the right size.
I wear 9.5 in Alden Plaza and a 9UK in George Cleverleys RTW.
I ordered the Carminas in 8.5 but wonder if I should switch to 9 ?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best to be a little big than small...you can always add tongue pads if your shoes are a tad big. Email Mike at Epaulet and see what he thinks.

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I already preordered the Austerity Brogue but have second thoughts about the right size. 
I wear 9.5 in Alden Plaza and a 9UK in George Cleverleys RTW. 
I ordered the Carminas in 8.5 but wonder if I should switch to 9 ? 

I wear a 10.5D in Plaza and I ordered a 9.5. And I have the double monks in 9.5UK and they work great. I think you should be fine.

rzapol

Reaction score
Hey Mike,
Is the price still looking to be somewhere in the $1000k range on the bal boot? I kind of dropped out of it as I didn't think I could swing that. But as the shoes came in a little cheaper than I expected my interest might be piqued again.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That appears to be either the Rain or the Simpson last. Notice the soft chisel toe and the slight indentation just before the toe slopes downward toward the end of the shoe. No Rain or Simpson jodphur photos on their website, but here are two suede chelsea boots:

Rain:

Simpson:

hm.
i don't see the snuff suede boot on their site?
any idea where its' gone? sold out perhaps?

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hm.
i don't see the snuff suede boot on their site?
any idea where its' gone? sold out perhaps?

There never was a snuff suede boot for sale by Epaulet (yet)...Those pics were just examples of lasts. What is on right now is a snuff suede austerity brogue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads