• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

mfluder

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster! Have filled in the form - can't wait to get my hands on these - have a pair of Carmina double monks from The Armoury, which are sublime - these will be just as great.

Props to CHRK33 and Mike at Epaulet for organizing!

Hadrius

Reaction score
Are these going to be made available to the public, or do we have to order them off here? Haven't seen this thread until now, the shoes look to be beautiful.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My width is EE or in UK F which are wide fittings. My Inca last fits me perfectly without having to size up. I doubt that the Simpson last will be wide enough for me, although I have never try that last .

I have wide feet (e width in Alden trubalance) and the Epaulet double monks on the Inca were too narrow for me

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are these going to be made available to the public, or do we have to order them off here? Haven't seen this thread until now, the shoes look to be beautiful. 

I believe they are special order and will not be sold in stores.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Austerity Brogue Preorder is Online

Hey gentlemen,

Thanks again for all of the enthusiasm so far! It looks like we're good to go on the Snuff Suede Austerity Brogue makeup! This is going to be an amazing shoe, and it's exciting to get started.

The majority vote went to the Rain last, so we're going to roll with that. I think that it's the best choice. The Rain has a sleek toe overall, but will offer a little more room and a slightly easier fit than the Simpson. The shoe is still going to be slim and dressy, but the Rain will ensure that it's a better fit for a wider variety of customers. We've had excellent feedback on it so far with our Fall '11 Chelsea boot makeup.

I built out the item on our website. For now, we're asking for a $250 deposit to start production. I didn't assign a hard and fast deadline, but I'd ideally like to get the deposits all in by next Friday. That way, we can get our order in along with the other Pitti orders and Carmina can get cracking on it.

Special Order Snuff Suede Austerity Brogue DEPOSIT: $250

I built a 3-unit inventory into each size. If you see your size sold out, then let me know - there's no limit on how many units of a size we can order, so I'll adjust the online stock accordingly.

If you're in the USA, you can choose "Priority Shipping" for this preorder. If you're outside of the USA, then choose "Store Pickup." We'll then bill you for shipping when the shoes actually come in.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ nice.

now for the size question.

i'm a tweener in shoe sizes, I'm an 8.5D on the Alden Barrie, but 7.5UK in my UK sized shoes. i see Mike's size reference of Barrie 8.5 = Carmina 8.

anyone have any reference between the Rain and C&J 337 last?

jessetk313

Reaction score
If the boot goes through then I will be in to order a pair.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Austerity Brogue Preorder is Online
Hey gentlemen,
Thanks again for all of the enthusiasm so far! It looks like we're good to go on the Snuff Suede Austerity Brogue makeup! This is going to be an amazing shoe, and it's exciting to get started.
The majority vote went to the Rain last, so we're going to roll with that. I think that it's the best choice. The Rain has a sleek toe overall, but will offer a little more room and a slightly easier fit than the Simpson. The shoe is still going to be slim and dressy, but the Rain will ensure that it's a better fit for a wider variety of customers. We've had excellent feedback on it so far with our Fall '11 Chelsea boot makeup.
I built out the item on our website. For now, we're asking for a $250 deposit to start production. I didn't assign a hard and fast deadline, but I'd ideally like to get the deposits all in by next Friday. That way, we can get our order in along with the other Pitti orders and Carmina can get cracking on it.

Special Order Snuff Suede Austerity Brogue DEPOSIT: $250
I built a 3-unit inventory into each size. If you see your size sold out, then let me know - there's no limit on how many units of a size we can order, so I'll adjust the online stock accordingly.
If you're in the USA, you can choose "Priority Shipping" for this preorder. If you're outside of the USA, then choose "Store Pickup." We'll then bill you for shipping when the shoes actually come in.

Nice and easy process; placed my preorder earlier this morning. Can't f'ing wait!!!

Chatted with Mike on Saturday about these austerity brogues...So awesome working with him and glad he is so amenable to putting together special orders for us. :slayer:

My next goal is to get that winter calf/suede balmoral boot made that was posted a couple of pages ago. A beautiful boot!

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ i'm already dreaming of navy blue austerity brogues. i die a little inside when i think of a pair of EG Beaulieus i had a few years ago and have since sold.

Mike, do you need to know on our order if we want the lasted trees or not?

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Just placed a pre-order for the austerity brogues. I assume we will be contacted about the lasted shoe trees when the shoes are completed? I definitely want a pair.

EDIT: My question had already been answered on the the pre-order page as it says that we will be billed when the shoes are ready to ship to us and we can specify the shoe trees at that time.

Last edited:

MaxK

Reaction score
Excellent! Order is in. These are going to be great.

I love the idea of the suede/calf boot. I like cordovan, but don't seem to be as excited about it as many here are.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just paid my deposit for the Austerity Brogues...looking forward to wearing these this spring. :D

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Artking3

Reaction score

I love the idea of the suede/calf boot. I like cordovan, but don't seem to be as excited about it as many here are.

My order for the Austerity Brogue is in as well.

I'm not a cordovan fan, but I like balmoral boots. These suede/calf Carminas will be perfect. Start the next survey!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads