Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Is you width a medium D or do you have to size up to an E in a normal shoe, e.g. J&M or Cole Haan? Just trying to get an idea of my width? Which I think is fairly normal, the Inca last is fine but I'm unsure how much narrower the Simpson last is.

2. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Austerity Brogues Final Update

Drumroll please!!! The final vote for the last was 6 - 5 in favor of Rain.

I hope everyone is happy with that and those who favored the Simpson last (myself included) are good with it. Mike's explanation that the Rain is not particularly wide and is still more slim than the Barrie made me feel better about this choice. Either way, I am confident it is going to be awesome.

Final details are as follows:

SNUFF SUEDE
    RAIN LAST
    ANTIQUE EDGETRIM
    LEATHER SOLE
    CLOSED/FLAT WELT
    PURPLE LEATHER LINING

Please let me know if there are any other details that I may have failed to specify.

If you are good with the above details, please PM me your email address, size, and whether you are interested in lasted shoe trees by tomorrow morning.

Alternatively, you can use the following form (which is less work for me).

Austerity Brogue Confirmed Interest

I will be passing along the details to Mike tomorrow afternoon, so we can get this ordered hopefully when Mike meets with the Carmina folks. Thanks all.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

3. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

When specifying the size for the austerity brogue, do we use UK size or US size? For US 9D (Barrie 8.5D), is the UK size 8? Thanks.

4. Kingcarn

Kingcarn Well-Known Member

I've never tried the Barrie last on, but I'm a 9-9.5D US. I have tried on the 9 Trubalance last and found them to be slightly too long and pretty wide. Any idea what Rain size I need?

5. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I wear a 9.5US and I bought a 8.5UK in the Carmina Inca last. From what I understand, the Rain is suppose to be a little slimmer than the Inca but not as slim as the Simpson, is this correct?

6. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Please specify your Carmina UK size.

Here is Mike's advice for the Rain lasted Chelsea boots, per the Epaulet website:

Our Carmina for Epaulet shoes are produced in regular-width UK sizes. For the majority of our customers, ordering one size down from your true size yields the best fit. For example, you'd likely be an 8UK in Carmina if you typically wear a 9D US.

For our Alden customers, Carmina sizing approximately works with their lasts as such:
    Carmina 8UK = Alden Barrie or Trubalance Last 8.5D US = Alden Leydon, Aberdeen, Plaza 9D US.

FWIW, I am a TTS 10.5D (US). I am ordering a 9.5UK on the Rain last, which is the same size I take on the Inca lasted Carmina double monks that I bought last month. For Alden comparison sakes, I take a 10D in Trubalance (which is too wide for me but I make it work with thick socks), 10D on Barrie and 10.5D on Leydon/Hampton/Plaza/Grant. Hope that helps.

7. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

That is my understanding from what Mike and others have implied.

8. Artking3

Artking3 Senior member

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012

9. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

just my $.02, but if "Chestnut" is not the same exact color that AE and C&J/RL use as their "Brown", it's very very close to the same.

and as stated above I think Saddle is very close to Whiskey. there is so much variation of course that who knows exactly what would show up, but thats where I would put those colors in a broad spectrum

agree with Mike that Chestnut is the superior color for an all year shoe you can wear with anything...but the light colors can just be so striking. I actually think Saddle/Whiskey is a better winter color than summer b/c it contrasts so much better with dark flannels/jeans than it does with light pants/khakis (which I wear a lot of in summer)

lots of people think Whiskey is a great summer color but I don't know what they are matching it with

10. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

11. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Thanks, looked like that as well.

Given that I have the chestnut color already, I'd prefer the Saddle fr some variation in my rotation. .

12. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Thanks. I just entered my information on your online form. Now the wait begins.:)

13. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

PiperSon to be clear, my impression of Chestnut is only through pictures, I haven't seen them in person. but you know, there are only so many mid-browns shades of shell!

14. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Got that, we're on the same page; thanks for clarifying though.

15. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

My width is EE or in UK F which are wide fittings. My Inca last fits me perfectly without having to size up. I doubt that the Simpson last will be wide enough for me, although I have never try that last .