• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hatch grain chukka, anyone?

I'm late to the party, but I'd be interested in a hatch grain chukka. I'm much more partial to chukkas than all the high boots everyone here seems so fond of. I only wear my high boots in heavy snow, so they rarely get much use.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they're very pimpish. you would only be able to pull this off if you're name is Huggy Bear.

james ep

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see any options other than international shipping.

I have seen this happen once before-- coincidentally also for shipping to Sweden! I'm going to investigate and see what the problem is. I've sent you a PM to iron anything out-- if anyone else has a similar problem, just toss me a message and we'll sort out doing the transaction in a different way.

james ep

Reaction score
I'm late to the party, but I'd be interested in a hatch grain chukka. I'm much more partial to chukkas than all the high boots everyone here seems so fond of. I only wear my high boots in heavy snow, so they rarely get much use.
I think a chukka would be awesome-- we haven't run one with Carmina in awhile and it's something for which there's no alternative in our existing line-up, save for a single remaining size in Ashbery boot. I don't know if Carmina has access to hatch grain, but I'll find out. I think a scotch grain would also be killer. Carmina's scotch grain calf is fantastic.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ James, there's been on-and-off discussion of using hatchgrain for a bit in the thread, with various pictures included. Someone--sorry, can't remember who--mentioned that it can be sourced from Horween. Mike said that he'd check on availability, since he's been able to get other leathers for Carmina from Horween (like the CXL). Just an FYI. And welcome to the thread!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think a chukka would be awesome-- we haven't run one with Carmina in awhile and it's something for which there's no alternative in our existing line-up, save for a single remaining size in Ashbery boot. I don't know if Carmina has access to hatch grain, but I'll find out. I think a scotch grain would also be killer. Carmina's scotch grain calf is fantastic.

I'd go for hatch grain, scotch grain, snuff suede, ruby shell cordovan, navy shell cordovan...almost any chukka boot with a Dainite sole other than dark brown shell cordovan or chestnut calfskin (because I already own these). I really like the Ashbery boot you linked

Last edited:

dlm4114

Reaction score
Jim, how much flexibility do we/you have with designing the actual Carmina makeup? Is there a list of templates that you guys start from? I would love a slightly lower Greeley, without the speed laces, for example. Also, I know someone posted something on here a little while ago from the Shoe Snob -- he posted some really cool boots last night. I don't wanna blow this thread up with non-Carmina, so I'll just link my favorite pair -- I think something along these lines could be pretty sweet for the chocolate/purple combo that was mentioned earlier (it's a bit similar to the 000973 in Alcudia that's up on the site now, just with broguing/two-tone).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DAT41fASK.../g3gJffQ6BC4/s1600/3715-5773-produit_zoom.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads