1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Hello everyone, if anyone in here is ocdpatient on the discuss HK board please PM me. Thanks!

2. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

I would get in on this!

3. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Highly interested in a burgudny salinger as well.

4. griffon_id

griffon_id Senior member

I am interested in but hesitated on Inca last (may be too wide for me)..

5. applky

applky Senior member

FWIW I found the Inca double monk a tad wide and sizing down a half size worked very well for me. That is, I'm a TTS US 10.5D, Alden Barrie/Trubalance 10D, Carmina Forest/Soller/all other lasts 9.5 UK, Carmina Inca 9 UK.

Mike also has recommended tongue pads. I've used these too and they're great: http://www.amazon.com/Pairs-Large-Tongue-Shoes-Adhesive/dp/B0030KSCCA

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  6. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

Applky what size do you wear in Rain? Or Uetam If you don't mind me asking

7. applky

applky Senior member

I don't own shoes in either, so I can't say. I've heard that the Rain generally takes the same size as the Forest or Soller.

8. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Would like to thank @PeterL for helping me reach out to a member on discuss HK board and helping me get the Carmina Pythons BNIB with trees for an incredible price. Peter was kind enough to message the member and put us in touch with each other. Much appreciated!

9. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Thanks to member @PeterL for helping me out with getting these from a member on discussHK
    [​IMG]

10. OIx

OIx Well-Known Member

I'd be in as well

11. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

What is going on with the chocolate suede jodhpurs?

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mike,

I have seen a few rumors circulating about shell shortages at Carmina. Can you provide an update on the saddle shell chukkas? I am curious if those are affected. Thanks!

13. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

No offense - like I said elsewhere, these are beautiful in their own, freakish way, but the only vocation I can think of these being appropriate for is pimp.

14. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

ass.

The obvious '"vocation" these are " appropriate for" Is stylish coat and tie for more creative professions - obviously beyond your grasp -- or more adventurous street wear. They are also appropriate for the wearer to insert up your narrow- minded ass.

If they are not your taste, fine. You don't have to get them. But the next time you have the desire to crap on someone else's aesthetic and call it pimp, tell yourself to shut the fuck up because you have no business running down someone else's choices - particularly when those choices are more dynamic than yours.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    4 people like this.
  15. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Whoa whoa. Less caffeine dude. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are yours. Style is subjective or we'd all be wasting our time at Math Forum, where there are absolutes. I'm sorry, but these are outlandish shoes, and I (as I suspect many others would silently say) would struggle to come up with a single occasion (work or social) where I could pull these off, even if I wanted to. Like I said, the craftsmanship on these is amazing, but to me, some works of art just can't be shoehorned (pardon the pun) into a residence, and I personally feel the same about these.

A few other things:

1) I was making a joke, and I hope that was obvious, but if anyone should take offense, it's the person who bought and posted these.
    2) What is Style Forum for if not to discuss matters of taste? Or should we all just pat each other's backs all the time. Great python shoes! I need to get some of them!
    3) How can you tell if the wearer of these shoes has more dynamic taste than me? Because I don't particularly appreciate shoes made of multicolored snake?
    4) Your excessive use of expletives puts me off.

2 people like this.
  16. applky

applky Senior member

17. etostano

etostano Senior member

18. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Quote:To each their own, but I love them and I'll be wearing them to work likely this week or next. Pair it with a subtle plain navy or gray suit, white or blue shirt and solid tie. @wj4 has worn them with some pretty solid outfits.

19. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

[​IMG]

20. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member