• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I would like to see a Carmina MTO austerity brogue in burgundy, just like the EG Beaulieu's above

Love the look of this! Would you guys be interested in doing a burgundy calf makeup with the distinct toe burnishing like this? I've also had a few guys PM me about doing the Austerity Brogue in black shell cordovan.

Fiddler

Reaction score
I might be interested in the Austerity, too. From what I recall (and for what it's worth), the Snuff MTO was on Rain and came out really nice.

I will wait for Namor's idea on this and probably go with that.
biggrin.gif

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the look of this! Would you guys be interested in doing a burgundy calf makeup with the distinct toe burnishing like this? I've also had a few guys PM me about doing the Austerity Brogue in black shell cordovan.

i'd be interested in a burgundy calf make-up, or a dark oak make-up of some sort. I love shell cordovan but don't really want the added cost of shell for this particular shoe. also, the last is a big consideration. I don't own any Carmina shoes so have no idea how their lasts fit or what size would work for me. if a group MTO were to go through in the burgundy calf how much would it cost?

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

actually, I think I'm leaning more towards a burnished dark oak color, as I think it might be more versatile in my wardrobe. I think the EG Beaulieu's above are a MTO.

Wade

Reaction score
I know the idea has already been bandied about, but it would be great if we could get a cognac shell chukka in the works. My preference would be for one of the sleeker, narrower lasts and a york sole.
Here's a pic of pretty much exactly what I would like:
+1 on 5 eye chukka

Jagger_On

Reaction score

I know the idea has already been bandied about, but it would be great if we could get a cognac shell chukka in the works. My preference would be for one of the sleeker, narrower lasts and a york sole.
Here's a pic of pretty much exactly what I would like:

There was some interest in this earlier in the year but I think it got put off until the winter, so now would be the perfect time to order. There's a great picture of a cognac shell chukka on the simpson last with either a double leather sole or a york/dainite (not sure of the difference). I'd totally be up for that.

I've had a wee look and I think this is that boot

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Hey Mike,

Are you bringing back the snuff suede double monk? If so, any idea when and is it possible to pre-order a pair and get them sent direct from Spain to the UK or is this only possible on MTO's?

Thanks

Yes, I've got it on order. That might be possible to do for you - let me check.

Hey Mike,

I've just placed an order for the Ruby Bradbury boots but I was wondering if you were ever able to find out about this?

Thanks

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There was some interest in this earlier in the year but I think it got put off until the winter, so now would be the perfect time to order. There's a great picture of a cognac shell chukka on the simpson last with either a double leather sole or a york/dainite (not sure of the difference). I'd totally be up for that.

I had been pushing for doing that kind of chukka in hatch grain. So that chukka with the leather below. I'd really like to see that get made.

+1 for a burnished burgundy austerity brogue.

velomane

Reaction score

Though I may have resurrected interest in this chukka, I just found it elsewhere, specced the way I want, so I'll be going a different route than MTO.

diglett

Reaction score
I had been pushing for doing that kind of chukka in hatch grain. So that chukka with the leather below. I'd really like to see that get made.

And I think when you last mentioned the hatch grain, I started yelling about making a jodhpur or a chelsea in that kind of leather. Some serious déjà vu in this thread.

hanoiboy

Reaction score
That is a nice looking chukka, be great if it was built on a full rubber sole along with cognac shell cordovan.

MaxK

Reaction score

Oh hell yes.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy calf austerity brogue on Robert or alcudia last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads