1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. applky

applky Senior member

I've asked several of you privately, and there's some interest in a Snuff Suede 2- or 3-eyelet chukka on the Inca last with a York sole, flat welt. This is basically the most versatile fall shoe you can own, and Carmina's suede is of the best quality.

Some photos to help with visualization:

Brown suede, two eyelets, Soller last:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Worn:
    [​IMG]

Snuff suede (color not accurate), Inca last; love the 3-eyelet Inca:
    [​IMG]

Those boots above with slightly more accurate color:
    [​IMG]

Color-accurate snuff suede photo (not a chukka, of course) from Epaulet:
    [​IMG]

Inca last 3-eyelet chukka shape (in calf, of course) from Epaulet's first Carmina run:
    [​IMG]

I believe we only need a few more people interested to make it to the minimum. Who's interested?

Preferences for 2 or 3 eyelets? I could go either way.

2. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Think I'm gonna have to pass on the burgundy austerity brogues. Not only do I have no reason to wear burgundy brogues but I can't justify an $850 purchase for these on shell. Don't get me wrong, I think both the burgundy (and navy) shell brogues would look pretty damned cool, but I just don't have that much disposable income right now.

In any case, if epaulet ever carries a burnished oak calf austerity brogue in the future I'd be all over that

Hope you guys have enough people for a group MTO

3. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Yes to the suede chukka! The more eyelets the better in my opinion - even 4+. I could live with 3 likely.

4. james ep

james ep Active Member

My inclination is for 2 eyelets-- something a little different than the Ashbery that we've done in the past. A York-soled chukka is definitely money though-- what a versatile boot. How married are you guys to the idea of doing this on the Inca last?

1 person likes this.
  5. STK_astoria

STK_astoria Well-Known Member

Yes to the calf chukka if the hatch grain chukka doesn't gain traction.

6. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

What will be the price of the Kudu? Debating those, but would need a smaller size.

7. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

If you're going to do the suede chukka on the York sole, I'd really prefer the hatchgrain chukka on an all leather soul.

8. nd1nd2nd3

nd1nd2nd3 Well-Known Member

Purple hatch grain chukka, maybe?

9. applky

applky Senior member

As long as it's either 2 or 3 eyelets -- either I'd be on board with.

James what other last were you thinking of? I think some others who haven't posted yet are into the Inca last. For a suede chukka, a rounded toe (not chisel or square) is a must, I think. The brown chukka I posted above is on the Soller last, and looks terrific. I'd be really into that last.

It's a snuff suede chukka, actually.

If both soles are flat-welted (as the snuff suede chukka will be), they look very similar. A lot of York-soled shoes so far have been storm welted, but these chukkas will be flat welted.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  10. thinman

thinman Senior member

I'm interested. I'd prefer fewer eyelets and I'm not particular about the last, though I agree that a round toe would look better. If the MTO hatch-grain chukka happens, I'll probably need to make a choice to buy only one of the two.

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone who has ordered so far! Quick update from our side:

Loden Shell Styles
    Preorders are going to close for all four styles tomorrow. Here's the link again to them:
    http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/footwear-special-order

We've got about 6-8 orders on each pattern, so I'm not sure if we'll have enough leather to make another style altogether. However, we can make more of the three that are online already, so if anyone wants to place a last minute order, we can definitely accomodate that. And after I submit everything to Carmina, we can add another style if they've still got leather available to order. I'll be in touch on that.

Hatch Grain
    Let's go forward with the Chukka as planned, I'll build that out tomorrow.

Suede Chukka
    Love this idea (and good call applky!). I think that 3-eye would be a good height for it to set it apart from the pack.The Inca last is pretty long and dressy - and the brown calf one that we did really skewed to the formal side. I'd either say the Rain (slight chisel) or Soller last (slight round) for this. Either would work great for it. I really like the look of the Soller.

Lizard
    I'm not sure if we have a full consensus on this yet, but the Rain-last Double Monk has proven to be a really popular shape. Dark brown lizard on that one?

Kudu Oscar Last Jumper Boot / Alternate Kudu Styles
    I've added a few guys onto the Kudu order who need sizes smaller than 7UK or bigger than 10.5UK. Feel free to email me if you're interested in getting onto the order. I'll get the final pricing tomorrow, but it should be good - it looks like Kudu is about the same price as calfskin.

And given that good price and the special nature of this leather, would you guys be interested in doing a special pattern it? It's a really great leather!

John Lobb WWII Boot
    I shot this over to Carmina to see if they can make it. It's kind of a mashup of different things that they already make, so it's possible that we can have it done without a custom pattern. It's really making a perf captoe jumper with the upper shaft of the Greeley. I'll be in touch on this, but it would be RAD in cognac shell. Could be cool in black scotchgrain too.

12. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I think the single monk is a much better profile for this shoe!

13. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

14. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

Loden shell being so rare and gorgeous I had to get one, there were some mto I skipped on (big mistake) and history isn't going to repeat this time! It will serve me well during the cold holiday activities and some.

1 person likes this.
  15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Count me in immediately on this one should it happen

16. spicycho

spicycho Senior member

I agree. I am in for a rain single monk in black lizard

17. elwood49

elwood49 Well-Known Member

Brown lizard single monk for sure.

18. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Black lizard looks stunning with a navy, grey or charcoal suit.

19. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

this loden frenzy started with the double monks, which seem to have been left by the wayside :(

20. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Truth. FWIW, I would consider this option, as to me, this green is a summer color.