• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might be in as well for Navy suede loafer.

Last edited:

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

Thanks again for making the latest round of makeups such a success! All five style were put into work and have been submitted to Carmina. Can't wait to see how all of these come out!
Amazing, I love this shoe! Nice PS job too. Thinking a medium brown edge treatment for that? I can check if they have that shape on the Rain last. I imagine that there's a comparable loafer pattern, but I think that split toe might be unique to the Simpson. I'll find out on it.

Mike can you provide an update when you receive an answer. I believe 5/6 are interested now.

Last edited:

thecool85

Reaction score
Question for the guys interested in the navy suede loafer: If it turns out that the split toe is unique to the Simpson last, are we cool with having it made on the Simpson? I'm not sure what the alternatives are, but I have to say, I really do love that style.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simpson last is too tight for me. But if 6 people want in on Simpson last, then you are good to go. The 3 people firm on this want Rain Last.

thecool85

Reaction score
Simpson last is too tight for me. But if 6 people want in on Simpson last, then you are good to go. The 3 people firm on this want Rain Last.

I'm interested as well, and my preference is for the Rain too. I just don't have the same issues with the Simpson so if it comes down to having it on the Rain or having that particular style of loafer, I have no qualms with it being made on the Simpson.

easy_golfing

Reaction score

Hey guys, here's a quick PS mockup of the captoe boot in Terracotta Lama...

It's tough to get the color spot on, but it's a soft red with a distinct orange cast. Somewhere in between the monkstrap pic and the Tan Lama boot.

Pardon the dumb question, but is it llama skin or is it just the name but calfskin?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What about having this shoe [single-strap monkstrap] made for spring in a tan or cognac?

I endorse this idea, but would prefer a summery suede.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I endorse this idea, but would prefer a summery suede.

If by "summery suede", you mean a medium shade of brown (similar to C&J's mink suede), then I'd be interested. A brown suede monkstrap has been on my wish list for several years, but I don't want to go too light in color.

Last edited:

Renton

Reaction score

What's the last going to be for these lama boots?

We had agreed upon the forest last.

Thoughts on a chiseled toe - like the Rain or Simpson last - for the Lama's?

At least one person in on the MTO needs a wide fitting, which is why we decided on Forest.

If y'all want to change the last for the mto, feel free. I'm the one who needs a wide in the forest but I've been going overboard on boots lately and I need to slow down.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^I'm probably not going to be in on this, so I'm not going to advocate for a given last. Leather does look great though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads