• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Jagger_On

Reaction score

I absolutely LOVE the Carmina chukkas. We ran one on the Inca last, but all things equal, I'd prefer it on Rain or Simpson. We can definitely make that. You guys thinking Spring or Fall? Spring delivery is realistically going to be May/June.

I'd prefer the Simpson last and I think that's what the boot in the pic is as well. I'd be up for a spring delivery but happy to put it off if that's the preference.

diglett

Reaction score
^ That grape calf is wild! Probably too crazy for me, but I'll enjoy seeing the photos if it gets used. A purple suede would be much easier to wear, while still being awesome and flashy, in my opinion.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man...sucks that there will be no Spring MTO. I really wanted a tan pebble grain split toe loafer!

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not that big of a fan of suede so I would rather we do the purple bal boot with brown calf. But I'll go with the majority. Purple is too good to turn down.

thecool85

Reaction score
Caramel calf is brilliant. I think they offer a natural or light antique that is quite light and would offer a great contrast. Should be a stunning combo. I am in.

Snuff (the one that is called Polo by other makers?) suede with dark brown tassels with singel leather sole?

Mike, is something like this possible? If I had to choose one, it would be the navy option, but if there's enough interest maybe both could be made up. There seems to be a real a dearth of summer options with all the boot talk (not that I don't like boots), so I was thinking this might be cool option to run alongside the many boot makeups given the estimated time of delivery.

Artking3

Reaction score

I absolutely LOVE the Carmina chukkas. We ran one on the Inca last, but all things equal, I'd prefer it on Rain or Simpson. We can definitely make that. You guys thinking Spring or Fall? Spring delivery is realistically going to be May/June.

I was wondering if Carmina makes a 2-eyelet chukka. Something like this would be awesome, in either lama calf leather or suede, but without the medallion.

Last edited:

diglett

Reaction score
Mike, is something like this possible? If I had to choose one, it would be the navy option, but if there's enough interest maybe both could be made up. There seems to be a real a dearth of summer options with all the boot talk (not that I don't like boots), so I was thinking this might be cool option to run alongside the many boot makeups given the estimated time of delivery.
I've just been shoving aside the thought of summer; I'm woefully unprepared for it, although my boot game will be on point by this Autumn.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted a loafer to wear with jeans, but im finding my boots are a much better fit. I mean i could be swayed

i agree on the boot / jeans. always room for the right loafer tho. casual stylz for spring - summer - fall.
what's your take on a meermin possibility ? i haven't had the pleasure yet.

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i agree on the boot / jeans.  always room for the right loafer tho. casual stylz for spring - summer - fall.
  what's your take on a meermin possibility ?  i haven't had the pleasure yet.

I havent really messed with Meermin. Ive heard some good and some horrible things about finishings/details. I did try on a loafer once by Bontoni (my favorite) that I really really liked

I am having the left 3 made but I loved the color of the loafer so I had it pictured.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh yes, we can absolutely do more makeups for Spring/Summer. Lead time with Carmina is usually 3-4 months, so we can certainly plan out styles to be delivered then. I only mentioned Fall for the Chukka boot because it's shell cordovan and a fairly tall style.

I'd love to do some suede makeups! I've already got Handsewn loafers (the Hawthorne penny) in work in snuff, navy, and grey - and we're doing some other things like the Rand single monk in snuff and the Salinger Double monk in snuff. But it would be rad to do some exciting and colorful stuff as well.

I received some interest in another run of the snuff suede austerity brogues - and we can offer those in a second colorway too if you guys are interested. Let me pull out some photos tomorrow - Carmina has a HUGE array of suede colors. There's really great stuff like hunter green and teal, and of course purple. We can do some off-kilter tassel loafers or two-tone spectators. This late Spring delivery is the perfect time to get some really colorful and interesting styles.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh yes, we can absolutely do more makeups for Spring/Summer. Lead time with Carmina is usually 3-4 months, so we can certainly plan out styles to be delivered then. I only mentioned Fall for the Chukka boot because it's shell cordovan and a fairly tall style.

I'd love to do some suede makeups! I've already got Handsewn loafers (the Hawthorne penny) in work in snuff, navy, and grey - and we're doing some other things like the Rand single monk in snuff and the Salinger Double monk in snuff. But it would be rad to do some exciting and colorful stuff as well.

I received some interest in another run of the snuff suede austerity brogues - and we can offer those in a second colorway too if you guys are interested. Let me pull out some photos tomorrow - Carmina has a HUGE array of suede colors. There's really great stuff like hunter green and teal, and of course purple. We can do some off-kilter tassel loafers or two-tone spectators. This late Spring delivery is the perfect time to get some really colorful and interesting styles.

Is this a possibility in the hunter green suede? I think this could be a great shoe that functions almost as a loafer would

its model 80156 on rain last

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads