1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Holy shit...awesome ideas.

I cannot wait for LAMA boot...gonna look dope, and I will rock these all Spring.

I hope this is OK to post here, but I'm not sure the Queens last works for me...I wore my Ruby Shell Captoes for a day and my feet were killing me, and got a blister on my left foot...will try another day to see if they break in a bit but I might have to pass these on...if anyone is interested, please PM me, they literally have ONE wear, and there's no creasing yet. I'd like to try and get as much of the cost back as possible, but I know I'll take a bit of a hit.

2. diglett

diglett Senior member

^ Are they your first pair of shell shoes

Aaaand I just realized whose comment that was as I was typing that question. I'd give them some more time, but that's just because my shell shoes have all been woefully tight on my left (larger) foot for the first few wears, to the point of physical pain, and only became comfortable after about an hour on my feet for each wear, and then eventually they just broke in after a few weeks.

1 person likes this.
  3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I agree I think its gonna be sickkkk. I was just thinking the other day when they would be completed.

1 person likes this.
  4. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

When's the navy calf monk MTO planned for?

5. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Rob, you know the answer: sell and move on: they're too small in the toebox.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Its not the toe box, but a bit in the heel and mid foot.

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

How does the Alcudia last compare to the other Carmina lasts? Size down 1 from your U.S. size or more?

8. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Heel? Even worse. No way that's going to break in.

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Alcudia is on the narrow side.
    I went down 1 from US size. I would not go down more than that.
    Comparing same size Inca last to Alcudia, the Inca is roomy while the Alcudia is snug.

10. Ambulance Chaser

My mistake. I usually size down 1 from my U.S. size. Because Alcudia is narrow, should I size down 0.5 size instead?

11. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I ended up sizing up on these and the fit is pretty good. All my other Carmina shoes are 8.5UK and I got a 9UK in these.

12. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Well-Known Member

This just might be the best problem one can have. Personally I'm crossing my fingers that my second pair is on the list.

13. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

As someone who's had to make a revision or two to the budget on account of the two MTOs I have coming in this month, I think Frank may have been referring to the monetary impact of having three boots to purchase in a month. [​IMG]

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Exactly. And add to that, what am I going to do with three new pairs of boots at once? We'll set aside the question of WHY I ordered three pairs of boots as moot. [​IMG]

15. diglett

diglett Senior member

I took delivery on my ruby bal boots, cognac jumper boots, and ruby captoes (from the original run; they'd been sitting at the cobbler waiting for toe taps since January) within a week. Overwhelming, but very exciting.

With that being said, I am frighteningly unprepared for delivery of the Lama boot, as far as money goes. The MTOs are so enticing with their seemingly cheap deposits, and then it comes time to pay the piper...

16. justinkapur

Agreed 100% but this is my last of my MTO till September so I have time to save up a lot of cheddar. 3 MTO's from Bontoni and 1 from EG.

No shooooz in between those. Hopefully

17. Ambulance Chaser

I'm taking delivery of the Greeley and Terracotta Lama boots. That's $800 right there. I can't possibly need the calf/suede boot as well? Please say no.

1 person likes this.
  18. justinkapur

I usually am the worst enabler but I am not a fan of those. There's just something I can't put my finger on.

19. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

Any mention of the Ruby captoe re-run?

20. diglett

diglett Senior member

I'm actually bracing myself for even more orders in the next few months, seeing as we're now looking at an Autumn delivery, which means primetime boot season. I already have bragging rights ([​IMG]) to the best boot collection on campus, by far, but heaven knows we can always do with more boots. No chance of snagging a pair of EGs, though; still a bit too far out of my price range.
    I got the calf/suede boot when it was first offered, and I've never regretted it. I wear it casually (with chinos) all the time, so it served as the perfect introduction to bal boots. And the leather looks even better once you pair it with some wax for a nice shine, while the suede upper ensures a really comfortable wear. If you can afford them, buy them.