1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

That tassel loafer turned out a lot better than I expected. Must. Not. Kop.

2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Those things are gorgeous. I'm feeling wrong that I jumped off that train and almost want to preorder.

That color is just so damn light. And I'm not sure if I'd ever wear them. Unfortunately I'm sure they'd be pointed out as a gimmick if I did wear them.

Not that they are, just that the layman would think they are. I'm 25 and not many people that are 25, at least in AZ, wear loafers.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ maybe worth asking if carmina makes bicycle toe shoes?

4. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Not cool.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i think i saw a homeless guy wearing mezlan loafers in tempe near that starbucks in the same building as gordon biersch next to the bus stop.

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

NAMOR is harmless. He probably just hasn't ordered anything in shell in 24 hours and is feeling the bite. :rotflmao:

I actually kind of agree about the loafers. I really like them in the abstract, but they're really not in my sartorial wheelhouse. There will be lots of other great makeups, so best to wait for something that you know will work for you.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ ha, i spent 4 weeks in the Phoenix/Tempe/Mesa area just last month; only speaking from experience.

i can wear shell loafers only because the material makes them less "dandy" imo. last year sold two pairs of suede loafer because the combination of material and style made them too difficult to pull off. im 26 and have no problem wearing shell loafers for work

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I will not be wearing loafers of any material or style, even when I'm old and gray.

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

-dbl-

10. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I think that's what I decided on. If it was anything like the AS loafers below, I'd go for it. Darker suede and broguing. The Noix suede is too loud for me, and not as versatile.

[​IMG]

11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Hopefully you're not judging Phoenix off of Mill Ave :)

Although I guess the more I think about it, the more that might be accurate. $30k millionaires everywhere in Scottsdale and Tempe.

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Just ordered some loafers... Like 'em when they are right, not too dandified.

13. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

holy shit my mind is blown that you are 26. your shoe collection is so epic i was sure you were older....

14. dlm4114

dlm4114 Senior member

I love that midnight calf oxford too, so I think that's three of us...

And that ruby shell sure is purty.

15. phorm

phorm Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the midnight calf oxfords in real life. They really do look like they turned out awesome!

16. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Update and some new photos!

Hey guys!

Apologies for my tardiness here. Thanks again to everyone who preordered the the last batch of shoes that we received. It took a few days to sort through everything, but all invoices should be sent out and shoes/boots should be en-route to everyone who paid the balance. The last batch came out fantastic! Let's start off with some photos:

Ruby Shell Cordovan Balmoral Boot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Midnight Calfskin Oxford

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chocolate Suede / Chocolate Leather Jodphur Boot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW - I've got one extra unit of the Chocolate/Chocolate Jodphur boot available in size 10UK. Drop me an email if you're interested!

17. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Styles in Work and Ruby Shell PTB

In terms of the last two styles that we put up, the Noix Loafer had plenty of orders and has been submitted already. It should be in work shortly.

The Loden suede shortwing only garnered three preorders. Anyone else out there interested? If there's no one else, then we'll have to drop that particular style and I'll put through a full refund of all the deposits placed against it.

And for the last style, as promised, we've got 8 units available to order in the Ruby Shell Cordovan Rain last PTB. Here's the info:

[​IMG]
    Ruby Shell Cordovan PTB Special Order Deposit

18. phorm

phorm Well-Known Member

Update and some new photos!

Hey guys!

Apologies for my tardiness here. Thanks again to everyone who preordered the the last batch of shoes that we received. It took a few days to sort through everything, but all invoices should be sent out and shoes/boots should be en-route to everyone who paid the balance. The last batch came out fantastic! Let's start off with some photos:

Midnight Calfskin Oxford

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I received my midnight adelaides yesterday and they're great. They seem to fit very well.

I think I'm going to have to get those ruby PTBs. You're killing me here. Too many great shoes!

19. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

WoW! That ruby bal boot is really nice and Ruby-ish.. Should be wearing mine once I get off work today, being subtle is not going to be with Ruby shell?

20. diglett

diglett Senior member

They're definitely not quite as red as they seem in Mike's photos...until you step into the sun. I put on my pair a few days ago and thought, "Hey, these aren't bright at all!" Then I went outside and thought, "Oh yeah baby, now that's what I'm talking about."

Seriously, they're like a small signal beacon that you can wear on your feet. I love it.