1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hmm, guess that we've got some confusion with suede names and with images taken in different light. Let's disregard the McNairy stuff completely for the moment, as that's an entirely different manufacturer and suede supplier.

The three Carmina shots look to be the same color, which is kind of a pale olive. I'm not sure of Carmina's official name for this this. When I've discussed "Loden" with them, it refers to this true dark green suede. A similar color that we see from Alden. This is an actual Carmina shoe in "Loden"

[​IMG]

My photoshopped file is a bit darker to try and represent what it looks like in real life. This image above was shot in a trade show booth, under yellow CFL lights, so it becomes slightly washed out and lightened as a result. That's the photography nerd side of me. I try to get as close an approximation as possible to the real-life appearance of the shoe, but it's not an exact science.

This is what I thought we were looking for, but I'll ask for the official name of that pale olive suede too. I can absolutely rework the makeup to offer it in that color if you guys prefer that. I'll shoot over an inquiry to Frank the Sheep as well who was coordinating this.

2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Agreed, I want to wear em so bad. I hope they are here by end of week so we can have them in our possession by early next week...

3. diglett

diglett Senior member

AND my jumper boots from Skoaktiebolaget just arrived in their shop. Oh boy.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  4. AlexS

AlexS Member

+1 for the RUBY SHELL RAIN LAST PTB

5. 3ff3z8e

3ff3z8e Well-Known Member

I second the idea for the RUBY SHELL RAIN LAST PTB as well. Look forward to ordering a pair if offered in 9UK Wide fitting.

6. justinkapur

damn I wanna see how those came out! I was in on it and then had to hop out of it.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Thanks for the update, really would prefer the color you mocked up but doesn't seem like the loden green is that green from waht I've seen

8. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

Don´t know how you could miss the pics. This is the last boots that was delayed, the first ones came six weeks ago and there was maybe two pages with posts about how light the cognac shell came out.

Anyway...here is a link to SkoAB own pics: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-made-order-boots

My pair was sent today so hopefully i can wear them tomorrow :slayer:

9. justinkapur

Oh shit is that the one where there was a dispute about the color? Because then I do remember seeing that

10. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

want a pair ?

11. Epaulet

Well, the exact color of it is in that shortwing on the gum rubber sole that's pictured. In real light its a little more like the mockup, but in reality... the true color will be somewhere in between. But definitely darker and more green than that pale olive color of the other makeups.

We're going to roll with the loden mockup as it stands - I've actually taken 5 preorders on it already so it's nearly made the cutoff. It's definitely going into production

Absolutely, I'll put this up by tomorrow at the latest. We've got enough Ruby to make 8 pairs of shoes. Although please note, the Rain last doesn't come in a wide fitting - just the Forest does - so this one will be just mediums.

12. Epaulet

MTO PROJECT ARRIVALS!

I'm going to try and shoot some more artistic photos of these in the next day, but for the meantime, feast your eyes on the MTO styles that just arrived! We'll contact all the customers who ordered them shortly, and we'll work on getting all of these packed and shipped over the weekend:

[​IMG]
    Chocolate Suede w/ Chocolate Strap Jodphur Boot.
    There's simply no stopping this one. Good lord it's beautiful.

[​IMG]
    Ruby Balmoral Boot
    I can look at Ruby Shell Cordovan all day long. These are stunning.

[​IMG]
    Grey Suede Steinbeck Wingtip Boot
    This was in the pipeline for a while, but it was worth the wait! The grey suede is awesome here.

[​IMG]
    Midnight Calf Perforated Oxfords
    Good call on these! They came out great, and the black sole is a subtle touch

1 person likes this.
  13. diglett

diglett Senior member

HOLY SHIT.

[​IMG]

14. diglett

diglett Senior member

The Jodhpurs are great, too. Far better than I expected, and I'm kicking myself for not getting them, but my god am I excited for those Ruby boots.

1 person likes this.
  15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

daaafuccck happened here. fuckmahass those are ahmayzin

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  16. J2010

J2010 New Member

Nice Jodhpurs! Do you think you will do another or similar Jodhpur in the Summer or Fall ? J.

17. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I knew I should have jumped on these.[​IMG]

18. elwood49

elwood49 Well-Known Member

Any chance for a reorder on these 2? Not sure how I missed them.

19. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

They were ordered quite a while ago. The funny thing is both styles were up for a while because we were having a hard time getting 6 for both. They definitely made up amazingly.

20. badsha

badsha Senior member

What last was the Jodphur Boot on?