1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

I'm just gonna leave this here...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. diglett

diglett Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Concub1ne

Concub1ne Senior member

When you put it like that, I suppose I do need a belt to match my python shoes.

2 people like this.
  4. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Fudge!

5. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

Oh god it's beautiful.

6. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

+1

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Vetam Last Noix Suede Tassel Loafer

Hey guys!

Thanks for bearing with me. I just built out the Noix suede loafer on our site. Pricing for this will be $600 including the shoe trees. And as before, any customers ordering from Europe will have the option of direct shipment from Carmina for this.

[​IMG]
    Tassel Loafer Noix Suede Special Order

I'm going to keep this order up until next Wednesday so that we can submit it in a timely fashion and still get delivery in the Summer.

I believe that I got all of the details that were agreed upon, but please let me know if anything isn't correct and I'll make changes immediately. In terms of the other projects:

GREEN SUEDE LONGWING
    I'lll mock this up and put this online by tomorrow evening for the same preorder price and period.

BLACK SHELL DRESS SHOE
    It seems like the idea of a captoe bal has been getting the most purchase. Since the queens last has gone over quite well, would you guys be interested in this simple shape for that?

[​IMG]

RUBY SHELL RAIN LAST PTB
    Carmina has Ruby Shell set aside for us, about 8 units worth. I'm going to pitch a makeup project with the Rain last PTB shape. It's a killer shoe in person, and it will be insanely good in Ruby! Wear these with a navy suit and there's absolutely no stopping it.

[​IMG]

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

How does the Vetam last fit? Do you recommend sizing down 1/2 size from one's normal size to account for the lack of laces/buckle to keep the shoe tight on one's foot?

9. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

What last was the image of the bal captoe you posted before on?

10. badsha

badsha Senior member

Am I missing something? Are all of these going up soon on Epaulet's website?

11. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

I love this, but I'm still unsure of my Rain last sizing, as the two shoes I have on order are still in production. Would be tough for me not to pull the trigger though.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  12. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Also curious..My only pair of Carminas (double monks) is on Inca last in 8 UK and fit is perfect. My Aldens are 8.5D in Barrie/TruBalance and 9D in Tremont, Plaza and Grant lasts.

13. diglett

diglett Senior member

The MTO styles will be shipping in for those who ordered them, and I presume the open stock styles are the ones that will go right into Epaulet's inventory to sell on their site.

14. Epaulet

From what I've heard, the fit is similar to the Rain or Alcudia last. On the slimmer side, but that works well for a slip-on. I'd advise staying with our standard sizing recommendation (size down 1 from your usual sizing) for these. That's been our experience with the other goodyear welted loafer that we carry on the Xim last. Handsewn loafers on the Xim last might warrant sizing down another 0.5, but they're softer and more prone to stretching due to the construction.

That's on the Queens last. So we'd essentially make that exact shoe, but in black shell rather than black cafl.

The MTO Project styles are all spoken for - we'll reach out to the customers who purchased them once they arrive. I'll certainly shoot pics to show everyone how they came out too.

The Open Stock styles will go online for general sale. Our shipment is in-country and clearing customs, with luck we'll hopefully get everything by the end of the week.

I'd definitely advise an 8UK in them as well. Fit overall will be similar to the double monk, which is also a laceless style. The Vetam last is a bit more narrow than the Inca, but shouldn't be a problem if you can comfortably wear the Plaza and the Grant in a medium width.

15. Epaulet

LODEN SUEDE LONGWING MAKEUP

[​IMG]
    Loden Suede Longwing Special Order Deposit

Second makeup is online! Man, I could look at this photoshop mockup all day long. This is a great concept, and thanks to everyone who put it together!

The details are:
    Loden Suede Upper
    Antique Brass Eyelets
    Single Leather Sole with medium brown edge & flat welt

As this is on the Forest last, all sizes can be ordered in a wide fitting. And Carmina shoe trees are included, as always.

16. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Hey Mike a lot of great mockups! Just wondering when the ETA for delivery on the Ruby Bal Boot.

Thanks!

17. diglett

diglett Senior member

Mike lumped it in with the other MTO pairs, which I presume are shipping with the regular stock pairs, which Mike said should come by the end of the week.

I. Am. Fucking. Pumped. I can't wait to wear these on campus.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  18. Cuttingboard

How does the Forest last fit compared to the Rain last, do I need to size up or down?

Calling dibs on the first order for next summer, green loafers.

[​IMG]

19. Cuttingboard

Nevermind.

20. scb

scb Senior member

I'm seeing tons of variation on the actual shade of green that loden green suede is

this is Carmina's Loden Green suede wholecut
    [​IMG]

this is a Carmina Loden Green chukka
    [​IMG]

Another Carmina Loden Green suede:
    [​IMG]

This is a Mark Mcnairy Loden Green suede:
    [​IMG]

This is another Loden Green suede longwing
    [​IMG]

Is yours really going to be the green you've photoshopped? That doesn't seem to match what Carmina's version of Loden Green suede is