1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Thanks guys...if the price isn't too much higher, I'd love to keep my money in NYC. Any future plans for a stock item like this Mike?

2. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

Thanks guys...if the price isn't too much higher, I'd love to keep my money in NYC. Any future plans for a stock item like this Mike?[/quote

+1

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Apologies for my missing in action status as of the last week. As Matt posted, I was fully mired in my own personal hell of annual tax and bookeeping procrastination, but it's all behind me now. Let's talk about some shoes!

I've got a big order from Carmina coming in about a week. Inside is:

Incoming MTO Projects
    1. Ruby Shell Balmoral Boot
    2. Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot
    3. Navy Calfskin Alcudia Last Wholecut
    4. Dark Brown Suede Jodphur Boot

Thanks to everyone who ordered! We'll drop you a line once the shoes come in.

Open Stock Styles:
    1. Hawthorne Handsewn loafer in Snuff Suede & Navy Suede
    2. Rand Single Monk in Chocolate Calf and Snuff Suede
    3. Alt Wien in Caramel Calf
    4. Fitgerald in Chocolate Calf and Saddle Shell Cordovan

Over the next few months, we should get a new delivery every 4-5 weeks, typically around this time.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  4. Epaulet

And let's get some new styles cooking this week. Frank the Sheep was kind enough to forward me two styles that a few guys were already interested in. And then we've got some great ideas floating around here.

LONGWING IN LODEN SUEDE

[​IMG]
    We're looking at this model with (1) a dark green suede upper and (2) a slightly thinner leather sole. We'd keep the antique brass eyelets. It's going to be fantastic!

UETAM TASSEL LOAFER IN FOX SUEDE

This will be a clean venetian tassel loafer with dark brown tassels. I'm waiting to see if Carmina can supply a "fox" colored suede with has a really handsome butterscotch tone. The shoe would look very much like this G&G loafer, but without the perfs at the toe.

[​IMG]

BLACK CALF DRESS SHOE

I'd love to do something interesting here. It would have to be calfskin, as Carmina doesn't actually offer black Shell Cordovan.

We've got the idea of the brogued wholecut or a captoe. I was thinking - if we go with the captoe, then we could use that Queens last model that we made up in Ruby. That shape is really great, and the Queens last fit is solid. If there's enough interest, I could certainly put up both styles.

MIST SUEDE LOAFER
    Since we have the tassels going on the Fox loafer, how about rolling with the UETAM last penny for these? It's a fantastic shape. We could also do it as a handsewn on the XIM last, which would be considerably less expensive. Here's an image of that:

[​IMG]

5. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Hey Mike,

Are you bringing back the snuff suede double monk? If so, any idea when and is it possible to pre-order a pair and get them sent direct from Spain to the UK or is this only possible on MTO's?

Thanks

6. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

And let's get some new styles cooking this week. Frank the Sheep was kind enough to forward me two styles that a few guys were already interested in. And then we've got some great ideas floating around here.

UETAM TASSEL LOAFER IN FOX SUEDE

This will be a clean venetian tassel loafer with dark brown tassels. I'm waiting to see if Carmina can supply a "fox" colored suede with has a really handsome butterscotch tone. The shoe would look very much like this G&G loafer, but without the perfs at the toe.

[​IMG]

Well done Mike, well done. In for this one.

7. Epaulet

Yes, I've got it on order. That might be possible to do for you - let me check.

Glad that you dig it! I love this style too, but I can't take the credit for it, this idea came from the guys on the Carmina thread, I'm just trying to source the suede for them. Hopefully we can make this happen! If I can get my hands on this color, we should toss around some other ideas for it too. It would make a rad captoe.

8. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Glad your tax nightmare is behind you, Mike. I'm in for the Uetam Penny.

9. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Regarding the Uetam Tassel Loafer in Fox Suede - Would it be possible to order this shoe without the tassels?

Regarding the Black Calf Brogue Wholecut Captoe Dress Shoe - How does the Queens last fit compared to the Rain last?

Thanks Mike!

10. superfishy8

superfishy8 Well-Known Member

Big supporter of Xim last especially for the mist suede

11. Concub1ne

Concub1ne Senior member

Will the longwing have a storm welt as pictured? Will the loafers be on a single leather sole? Do you have any insight into what makes the xim last so inexpensive?

Step 1: Buy tassel as is
    Step 2: Cut of tassels
    Step 3: Profit
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Cuttingboard

Then you have 2 holes on the top of your shoe where the tassels come out.

13. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

This is the MTO that i put in motion two weeks ago and there will not be a storm welt unless Mike changed that, and i´m pretty sure he hasn´t. The pic is to show the model of LW.
    The shoe will not have double leather soles, it will have a sole that is like 1.5 x singel leaher sole. Think Carmina calls it leather sole.

14. elwood49

elwood49 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to offer the tassels in mist suede as well?

15. Cuttingboard

The mist suede is a penny loafer.

16. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

I'd prefer a brown color on the Rain. Would be in depending on color.

17. Cuttingboard

Brown or tan?

18. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

The concept of tan sounds pretty solid. just not black

19. Cuttingboard

Something like this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

I like those colors yes, but the top one doesn't look as good as the other pics with the darker color. Odd.