Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. diglett

diglett Senior member

When a final model for the shoe is decided, the Epaulet staff will list the order deposit on the Epaulet site (under "Preorder Items" or something similar), and you can check out with the deposit as an "item" in your cart.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, I'll be back on Wednesday, and we'll build out the Ruby Shell & Python remakes in our shiny & new MTO section! I'll grind out some other mockups then as well.

And love the name NYI! The Greeley it is.

Thanks again to everyone for all of our support - it's been absolutely fantastic making all of these beautiful shoes with you guys! We'll get the new ideas rolling shortly, and I'll come back with more intel and new stuff after meeting with Carmina in person three weeks from now.

And I'll keep you guys posted on the new delivery - everything's still on track for later this week.

3. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Hey Mike, most importantly, Merry Christmas.

Any chance that you would consider doing the Jumper boot style that NYI has been rocking hard in Ruby shell? I would be all over that.

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

I would also get shit for wearing python shoes, unless the contrast were more subtle. I might get away with navy rather than the cognac (or whatever shade gives that yellowish cast).

5. diglett

diglett Senior member

HNGGG that would be a crazy combo. I'm wearing my Ruby oxfords right now, and will probably commit to a Ruby Austerity bal boot if it gets made, but I would still love the jumper boots in Ruby. So far everything made of this color has been fairly formal, including the new ankle boots, but using it for jumpers would look incredible.

But about the Austerity bal boots: We should start discussing the materials/colors we would like to use. Mike previously stated that we could and very well might end up making the Austerity ~3 different colorways, so we have plenty of options. Ruby was tossed up as an early suggestion, and I still stand by that. Beyond Ruby, I'd be interested in either calf or shell version of a dark brown (Cognac) or black.

My personal preferences make me lean away from suede uppers and textured leathers for the Austerity, since it's so sleek, but I'd like to hear what you boys have to say; by no means is my mind made up.

6. Epaulet

Python Austerity Brogue & Ruby Captoe Reorder

Hey guys!

We're building out the new site this week, but I've got the Special Order section up and running. Please just ignore the work-in-progress-ness of everything else - we should have the whole thing updated and fleshed out by the weekend.

In the meantime, let's get another run of these two styles going for Spring. I set an order deadline of Monday the 7th, and we should be able to get the shoes between March and May.

Please note that the prices are deposits. The Austerity Brogue is $750 with a $300 deposit, and the Ruby Bal is $850 with a $425 deposit.

[​IMG]
    Python Austerity Brogue Special Order Deposit

[​IMG]
    Ruby Shell Cordovan Punch Captoe Special Order Deposit

Newest delivery update for our incoming Carmina shipment is Friday. If all goes well, it clears customs tomorrow, gets to UPS on Thursday, and hits us on Friday. If things get held up at customs, then we'll definitely get it by the middle of next week. I'll keep you posted!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012

7. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior member

8. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Mike,

Any news on whether you might be able to get Carmina to ship direct for European/International customers?

9. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Incredible DV... love them both!!

10. Aventus

Aventus Member

amazing shoes especially the pyhton, i love it, i'm wondering if the customs in Australia will allow python leather shoes [​IMG] any experience about the Australian customs?

i'm wear size UK8.5 C&J 358 last (fits perfectly), UK9 Carmina Simpson last Double monk and it fits very snug (maybe a little bit too small/narrow aroung the side, i have wide feet), how's the Rain last? should i take size UK9 or UK8.5? i do some research in the carmina sizing thread, rain last is wider than the simpson last. any recommendation in the sizing?

11. Epaulet

European yes. I'll need to work that out exactly with Carmina when I meet with them in a week or so. We'll figure out how to jive the shipping charge and such.

For customers in Asia and Canada, we'll keep shipping from New York. I think that there's no real difference there with taxes and duties.

12. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Cheers Mike. I'll definitely look to order now they might ship direct from Spain. Those Ruby's are totally drool worthy.

13. ferguscan

ferguscan Senior member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't direct shipping (to say, Australia) save on shipping costs?

Thanks,

Stuart

14. Epaulet

Not really, I'd probably have to charge more as Carmina will bill me a higher shipping rate to send your shoes to Australia than I would otherwise pay to send them from the States. Australian customers don't have to pay tax on incoming shipments valued under $1000 AUS, so shipping it from NYC is basically the same. We ship to Australia nearly every day and it's smooth and easy.

European customers will definitely get a much easier customs process with a box from Spain than from the USA, so I'll get this worked out for them. We should be able to swing it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012

15. Epaulet

Carmina has arrived!

I'll have a full list later, but in the meantime, rest assured, we are very much "In the Navy" over here!

[​IMG]