Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Well-Known Member

These three are teh seks!

I think you missed saying what last the Bradbury is on though, at least I couldn't find it in the listing's description.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012

2. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Finally got to open my Ruby MTO this morning. Thanks Mike for these awesome shoes and especially for the A+ size recommendation for the Queens Last. Sizing up was the thing to do. They are a little loose in the heel but a whole size down would have made these unwearable.

3. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

The Bradbury is on the Forest last (the same last used in the wingtip boots, long/shortwing and the Alt Wien). It's a great last and general fits most people very well. The ruby shell is also... [​IMG]

4. badsha

badsha Senior member

5. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

The Forest is a standard E width. It's possible to order the Forest in wide sizes, however.

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Snakey and Ruby.
    Wifey reaction: "those are awesome" between fits of laughter.
    [​IMG]

Wifey reaction.
    Wifey: Those are nice. What's so special about them.
    Me: They're shell. *Ruby* shell.
    Wifey: So you killed another horse.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

7. diglett

diglett Senior member

That last comment had me laughing out loud; give my regards to the wife! And lovely fit pics, too; I love the slightly pinkish hue of the ruby in your photo, and those pythons are simply juicy.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

love it

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

amazing. also love the brass speedhooks on the Steinbeck

10. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

How does a man get to the point where he can confidently wear shoes like this? Don't get me wrong -- the shoes are incredible, and I admire anyone who can wear them without being self conscious. I just know I couldn't, but I'm curious to hear zippyh and others' thoughts.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I really don't understand why it's so difficult to 'pull' them off? It's not like you're wearing a leather skirt or anything. The most important thing a man can wear is confidence.

Zippy: I'm truly jealous of your Ruby Shell. I hope Mike does another run of Ruby Shell shoes...me want.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i would get so much shit for wearing those colored pythons at work. such is the life of a tax consultant :(

maybe if i took an offer with that start-up..

z, fit looks spot on those pythons

13. diglett

diglett Senior member

I don't have my ruby brogues (yet...they come tomorrow), but my first big step out of what's "normal" was probably my double monks from Epaulet. Wearing them was kind of weird the first time, because they were my only my second pair of nice leather shoes, and they were a bit "out there."

My friends gave me shit for them for a little while, but I felt nothing but love for the shoes after my first time wearing them, and my friends soon clammed up; some of them now even compliment the same monks at which they used to laugh. Now putting on monks (and I'm sure those ruby brogues, or the ruby bal boots in a few months) is fun, because being different is fun. Loads of people think that classically-inclined menswear has to be boring, and it's exciting to know that people look at you and think, "He looks good...but I have no idea what he's wearing."

And that, friends, is why I'm definitely hopping on a python re-run, if it ever comes about [​IMG]

14. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

That's interesting, because while I was self conscious at first wearing brogues or tassel loafers (I used to, but now prefer pennies), I've never actually been criticized for wearing them. Then again, most people have seen those styles before, but I've only seen monks a few times in the wild.

I agree that it's natural to become more confident after wearing a new style for a while, and more confident to try other styles -- but where does one go after conquering python brogues? :)

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Same here only replace tax consultant with engineer.

Oddly enough, the footwear that has gotten the most comments here has been when I wore some Alden chukkas.
    There was a big discussion on whether they're shoes or boots. One guy was insisting they were "hybrid shoes".
    This is the guy who has been wearing boat shoes with white Thorlo socks every day for the past few years.

TBH, I have no idea when I'm going to wear the pythons.