1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. thecool85

thecool85 Well-Known Member

Use the search function on the site to locate the Carmina Sizing thread. It should have all the information you're looking for.

2. Omar1223

Omar1223 Well-Known Member

so is an E forest, a narrow width? I ask bc I my feet are narrow and i typically wear B or C width.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

^I don't think so. It's more a regular US medium fit, "D." Others may have feedback on the Carmina lasts that are good for a B or C width. They aren't generally very wide shoes, so I think you ought to be able to find something that fits.

You might try this question over in the regular Carmina thread too.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  4. diglett

diglett Well-Known Member

Standard Forest is standard width; nothing special about the last itself except that it can be ordered in wides.

5. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Well-Known Member

Any updates on the Ruby Bal Boot MTO that is expected during February or March? delivery?

1 person likes this.
  6. SoGent

SoGent Well-Known Member

narrower widths would probably work best with the Simpson last

1 person likes this.
  7. TheloniusDrunk

TheloniusDrunk Well-Known Member

Anyone up for a remake of the Burgundy Shell Cordovan Austerity Brogue Balmoral Boot?

8. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Well-Known Member

You would want a Simpson last.

9. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Well-Known Member

10. diglett

diglett Well-Known Member

I'm really excited for this. I'm expecting (but not demanding, mind you) an early March delivery.
    You know this order just went in like two weeks ago, right? The Scotchgrain bal boot was planned for a remake, and that still hasn't happened ~7 months after the original run.

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

Thanks so much to everyone who ordered the Terracotta boots! I can't wait to see how these come out. There's just two slots left, so we'll be submitting this order ASAP. Here's the link once more:

[​IMG]
    Terracotta Lama Calfskin Punched Captoe Boot

The Forest is a pretty true medium, but it can be ordered in a wide fitting as well. That's available on the preorder drop down. I've found that the wide fitting is a great match for a true single wide foot (and works for some double wide feet as well).

A "G" fitting is technically a double wide. Do you find that you need that in other shoes or just Church's? And are the Church's that you take in that size a fairly slim shape to begin with?

And yes, we have to charge sales tax to any orders with a billing address in New York State.

Not in my experience - and we carry plenty of both brands in the store. Carmina uses a steel shank in all of their goodyear welted shoes - which is every style that discuss here. The only ones that don't have it are the handsewn styles - like our "Hawthorne" loafer.

Carminas are lighter because of the ways most stores make them up. By default, they use a single leather sole which is lighter than most Aldens and many English made shoes (Trickers, heavier C&J styles). But these dressy single leather Carminas are no lighter than equivalent styles from Edward Green or Vass. Or Alden styles like the unlined suede chukka.

Since many of my customers prefer more substantial things like boots, shell cordovan, chromexcel, double leather soles, york soles, etc, our makeups are heavier and sturdier than most. Given the equivalent materials, they'll be just as dense as Aldens.

[​IMG]

Yes, we can order Forest in a wide fitting. Carmina designates this as "EEE."

PLEASE NOTE EVERYONE: Carmina "EEE" is not the same as the American "EEE" sizing. It's one step wide rather than three steps. The standard Forest last fitting is "EE" I know, it's confusing.

Presently the Forest last is the only Carmina last that they offer in a wide fitting. It's a great fitting and a great looking last, and the possibility of ordering wides makes it our go-to last for boot makeups. We've done the majority of projects in that, so there will be plenty for you to choose from.

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

SUMMERTIME MAKEUPS

Hey guys,

We've still got time to do a great summer shoe. How about we move off of boots for a bit (with a promise from me that we'll go absolutely bonkers with boots for the Fall) and toss around some shoe concepts.

I love the idea of doing a loafer. And pulling off a spectator shoe could be really great!

How about this for two ideas:

[​IMG]

The Carmina tassel loafer on the Vetam last is incredible. Great fit and a really fantastic shape. I found a pretty unique suede on Carmina's sample shelf. I'd call it "mist"

[​IMG]
    It's a soft greenish-blue-grey. Great pop color for warmer months and very wearable with chinos, grey trousers, and jeans. We can of course do this in something like snuff suede, navy suede, saddle shell, etc, but this color was really speaking to me.

For a spectator, how about something along these lines:

[​IMG]

I LOVE the Austerity Brogue, and you guys were all very much on point when you suggested it as our first makeup. I love how this looks, but it's probably a bit dark for the timing of this delivery. How about doing it in a mix of burnished tan calf and snuff suede?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  13. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^

Would love that loafer in navy suede for the summer.

Spectator sounds amazing as well - maybe something with some more color? Like an off white suede?

Just throwing around ideas....not sure if it would look any nice.

I'm not sure if I can do another MTO though, the suspense from the Jodhpur boots is killing me! I'm waiting for both and trying to be patient!

14. thecool85

thecool85 Well-Known Member

Yes!!! I love that mist color for summer! You think maybe we could do the string loafer in mist as oppose to tassels? I think that might sit better with some folks as tassels don't seem to be getting much love. I'd be down for either the string or tassel loafer. As for the spectator, I'd love to see at least one makeup in white and brown leather if there's enough support for it.

15. TheloniusDrunk

TheloniusDrunk Well-Known Member

I was unaware, I just missed it! [​IMG]

16. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Well-Known Member

Any ideas for spring/summer that does not include suede? Any of these ideas peak anyones interest?

Black Whole Cut Brogue could also be done in tan similar to below
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Derby in Hatch grain
    [​IMG]

Hatch Grain
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  17. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Those shoes are nice, but too similar to shoes I already have for me to buy. I would buy the whole cut brogue in navy/midnight for fall, however.

18. styleophile

styleophile Well-Known Member

+ 1 for a whole cut in navy/ midnight

When we floated this makeup about 3 weeks ago, there were a few folk that expressed interest...

Are we all still in for Fall '13?

19. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

I hope that there was a reorder for the Scotchgrain Bal Boot. I was part of the reorder and Mike said he was expecting an early spring delivery. I'm looking forward to it myself and hoping that I get a few months of wear out of them before summer takes us over.

20. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Mike, are restocks expected to arrive with the next batch of MTO orders? Thanks!