1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Holtskog

Holtskog Member

so the forest last, how wide is that?
    I am a 8.5 GG and from what I can see the last seems wider than normal, but is it enough?

2. diglett

diglett Senior member

Doesn't seem wide at all to me; my regular-fitting Forest last fit the same (in the same size) as my Queens and Inca lasts.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I agree. It is not a particularly wide last. I'd equate it to how Alden's Aberdeen last fits me. I size UK11 regular width for Forest (compared to 11.5D for Aberdeen), and on an MTO like this, I'd order UK10.5 wide because I can.

4. Holtskog

Holtskog Member

damn, well guess I am not going to be able to then, nice looking boot :/

damn my wide feet

5. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

I ordered the Chocolate calf/suede balmoral.
    forest last does not like my feet.
    just listed it on ebay if you missed this boot order. thanks

6. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

for me, the forest last fits a little wider than the other three carmina lasts that i have (all are the same size). from wide to narrow, my feeling is forest > queens > rain > robert. the forest is a blucher (epaulet cognac shortwing) and the rest are balmorals. all are shell except the rain is python.

i've decided to size down half for the terracota lama MTO and hopefully it works out. if not...it's UK size 6.5 and expect to see it on b&s.

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The Forest last is noticeably wider than the Rain last, but not so much so that it is unwearable. I tried on boots in the Forest last in a half-size smaller than my usual size and could tell that my feet would kill me in half an hour if I wore them that long.

I typically wear a US size 9.5D. Here is how the lasts feel to me:

Rain UK8.5 = Edward Green UK9D
    Forest UK8.5 = Edward Green UK9E

8. JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy New Member

Hello,

I currently wear a UK size 9.5H from Church's, what would be the equivalent size here? Also, would it be possible to account for a higher instep when making the boot?

Lastly, how much would they cost, and will you be charging tax if I'm located in New York State?

Thank you,
    William

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

How wide are your feet. Sorry I am not familiar with GG sizing, so that's no help. I have a wider foot (US on the border between US D and E width), and I find that being able to order the Forest in a wide fitting works well for me. You may want to try PMing Mike at Epaulet or giving one of the shops a call. They will be best able to advise.

10. Renton

Renton Senior member

I take a EE in an Alden barrie and I'm wearing a Forest wide right now.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  11. scb

scb Senior member

Boot looks great, but I'm not sure how much wear it'd get if I already have a Whiskey Indy

12. diglett

diglett Senior member

You know you can order a wide fitting, right? That's (one of the reasons) why Forest is such a popular last.

13. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I would buy the wholecut brogue in navy or midnight. I would be inclined to get it in calfskin for cost reasons.

14. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

So for a us 10 on the smaller side of 10 should I go for a 8.5 or 9 in the boot?

15. styleophile

styleophile Well-Known Member

I am not a Carmina expert, but when I gooogled "Carmina channeled sole" I did get a couple of hits.

This one was close to home: http://epauletnewyork.com/products/hawthorne-handsewn-moc-snuff-suede

So, I guess it can be done.

Now can we start spec'ing out our midnight navy formal shoe please :nodding:

16. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

i'm us 8 on the smaller side of 8 and i went with uk 6.5 for the terracotta boot. what size do you wear in alden barrie? i have both us 7.5 and us 7 in alden barrie. while both are wearable, i prefer the us 7 fit.

similarly, i have a uk 7 forest shortwing that is wearable, but is still a little loose even when the blucher ends are pulled fairly close.

17. Holtskog

Holtskog Member

well uk sizes is something like: E-F-Fx-G-Gx

i am Gx or GG :)

If forest wide fits EE US then there is hope.

anyone have measurements on a 8 or 8,5 on forest last? Maybe someone from epaulet?
    anyone

18. thinman

thinman Senior member

I love monks and double monks, but can't justify buying any more right now, unless they're done in medium brown suede (and epaulet will presumably restock both the Rand and Salinger in brown suede). I AM in the market for a 2- or 3-eyelet chukka with Dainite (or Ridgeway) soles. As an alternative, I would probably buy a 5-eyelet chukka. My chukkas are my go-to rain and slush boots.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  19. Virchow

Virchow Well-Known Member

I'm usually a 12EEE in most US shoes (11.5 EEE Barrie). In UK sizing that usually means I can squeeze into an 11.5G. Mike suggested I go with 11.5 wide in the Forest last and it fits great.

20. Holtskog

Holtskog Member