Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.
HAHAHA. The pimp hand is strong, man.
Anybody got invoiced yet for their ruby shells? I think that only 8 pairs were ordered but I haven't received any correspondence yet. I'm assuming it'll be on Tue that they are invoiced and perhaps shipped out early next week. It'll be a good early Christmas present to myself.
^ Nope, no invoice for me. Don't worry; Mike is bound to be as prompt as possible on these.
ALL OF YOU GUYS WHO ORDERED THE PYTHON AUSTERITY BROGUE AND RUBY SHELL CAPTOE:
I invoiced almost everyone tonight. If you haven't received one yet, we'll get them out to you on Tuesday! They're beautiful shoes. I think you'll be floored when you receive them.
They will make for a very good Christmas present indeed.
I'm going to the saloon on Monday to get my perms to prep for the Pythons. Hopefully the pimp cane comes in time.
Thanks for the update. I'll look forward to receiving my invoice on Tue. It'll work out good as i'll be out of town all of next week.
Thank you again guys! Couple of notes from my side:
1. We'll have the other "OTR" Carmina styles online this Tuesday. Lots of good stuff to go around just arrived!
2. I should have word on the balance of our Fall 12 shipments - that includes the Navy Calf Jodphur boots, Navy Calf Shortwing boots, Grey Suede Shortwing boots, and Navy Shell Double Monks in the next few days. My apologies that these took longer than originally intended. I'm going to see if I can still get them in before Christmas, but if we miss that date, it should be mid-January. My apologies for the delay on these. Ultimately, Carmina is still a very small operation and things can get a bit backed up, but I learned a lot about how to space out the lead times this season. We've also retained our own customs broker, so the repeated beatdown of psycho customs holds should be minimized for future shipments.
3. I've been working on programming our new website (epauletnewyork.com) to have an entire Made to Order section. We'll host these Carmina projects there, we'll offer custom sportcoat options, custom trouser options. A whole new segment of our business. I'm going to put some of the new makeup ideas there, and we can get things rolling for our first new Spring items.
4. I asked Carmina for additional images of the Austerity Brogue Bal Boot. With that, I can start to grind out some Photoshop makeups of how it will look in different leathers.
5. All you guys with the Python shoes. For the love of god. Please post up some fit pics after you get your shoes! We all CAN'T WAIT to see how you match those with different outfits. They are fly like a dove.
6. We should probably do some kind of Carmina contest right? Maybe the prize is a completely insane makeup?
I likes #6!!
What about the chocolate suede jodhpurs?
Yes, please! My initial thought was "Wow, that's gonna be a gaudy pair of shoes," and now I'm ready to order a pair. Show us those photos, lads!
I'm excited about see what other Carmina's Mike ordered.
I like the look of the python but I can see no practical application for me. I would be interested in something in another exotic skin (like alligator). I know Carmina does these because they are on their website but I think price is pretty high on these.
^ Lizard is apparently priced between calf and shell, in case you're interested.
Pimp really is the best way to describe those Pythons.
I'm curious what kind of care they'd need.
^White mice, I assume. Seen these in the freezer case at the pet store. Probably want to let them defrost first.
Clearly, these python shoes are not only beautiful, but really great for all kinds of dubiously humorous riffs. Keeping me entertained.
Separate names with a comma.