• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ruby shells look great.... but
... this is the birth of an all-new aesthetic - "African street pimp business casual" - perfect for striking fear into those who may steal your Lean Pockets from the office freezer.

HAHAHA. The pimp hand is strong, man.

Pastor

Reaction score
Anybody got invoiced yet for their ruby shells? I think that only 8 pairs were ordered but I haven't received any correspondence yet. I'm assuming it'll be on Tue that they are invoiced and perhaps shipped out early next week. It'll be a good early Christmas present to myself.

diglett

Reaction score
^ Nope, no invoice for me. Don't worry; Mike is bound to be as prompt as possible on these.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ALL OF YOU GUYS WHO ORDERED THE PYTHON AUSTERITY BROGUE AND RUBY SHELL CAPTOE:

I invoiced almost everyone tonight. If you haven't received one yet, we'll get them out to you on Tuesday! They're beautiful shoes. I think you'll be floored when you receive them.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anybody got invoiced yet for their ruby shells? I think that only 8 pairs were ordered but I haven't received any correspondence yet. I'm assuming it'll be on Tue that they are invoiced and perhaps shipped out early next week. It'll be a good early Christmas present to myself.

They will make for a very good Christmas present indeed.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I invoiced almost everyone tonight. If you haven't received one yet, we'll get them out to you on Tuesday! They're beautiful shoes. I think you'll be floored when you receive them.

I'm going to the saloon on Monday to get my perms to prep for the Pythons. Hopefully the pimp cane comes in time.

Pastor

Reaction score

Thanks for the update. I'll look forward to receiving my invoice on Tue. It'll work out good as i'll be out of town all of next week.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you again guys! Couple of notes from my side:

1. We'll have the other "OTR" Carmina styles online this Tuesday. Lots of good stuff to go around just arrived!

2. I should have word on the balance of our Fall 12 shipments - that includes the Navy Calf Jodphur boots, Navy Calf Shortwing boots, Grey Suede Shortwing boots, and Navy Shell Double Monks in the next few days. My apologies that these took longer than originally intended. I'm going to see if I can still get them in before Christmas, but if we miss that date, it should be mid-January. My apologies for the delay on these. Ultimately, Carmina is still a very small operation and things can get a bit backed up, but I learned a lot about how to space out the lead times this season. We've also retained our own customs broker, so the repeated beatdown of psycho customs holds should be minimized for future shipments.

3. I've been working on programming our new website (epauletnewyork.com) to have an entire Made to Order section. We'll host these Carmina projects there, we'll offer custom sportcoat options, custom trouser options. A whole new segment of our business. I'm going to put some of the new makeup ideas there, and we can get things rolling for our first new Spring items.

4. I asked Carmina for additional images of the Austerity Brogue Bal Boot. With that, I can start to grind out some Photoshop makeups of how it will look in different leathers.

5. All you guys with the Python shoes. For the love of god. Please post up some fit pics after you get your shoes! We all CAN'T WAIT to see how you match those with different outfits. They are fly like a dove.

6. We should probably do some kind of Carmina contest right? Maybe the prize is a completely insane makeup?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you again guys! Couple of notes from my side:
1. We'll have the other "OTR" Carmina styles online this Tuesday. Lots of good stuff to go around just arrived!
2. I should have word on the balance of our Fall 12 shipments - that includes the Navy Calf Jodphur boots, Navy Calf Shortwing boots, Grey Suede Shortwing boots, and Navy Shell Double Monks in the next few days. My apologies that these took longer than originally intended. I'm going to see if I can still get them in before Christmas, but if we miss that date, it should be mid-January. My apologies for the delay on these. Ultimately, Carmina is still a very small operation and things can get a bit backed up, but I learned a lot about how to space out the lead times this season. We've also retained our own customs broker, so the repeated beatdown of psycho customs holds should be minimized for future shipments.
3. I've been working on programming our new website (epauletnewyork.com) to have an entire Made to Order section. We'll host these Carmina projects there, we'll offer custom sportcoat options, custom trouser options. A whole new segment of our business. I'm going to put some of the new makeup ideas there, and we can get things rolling for our first new Spring items.
4. I asked Carmina for additional images of the Austerity Brogue Bal Boot. With that, I can start to grind out some Photoshop makeups of how it will look in different leathers.
5. All you guys with the Python shoes. For the love of god. Please post up some fit pics after you get your shoes! We all CAN'T WAIT to see how you match those with different outfits. They are fly like a dove.
6. We should probably do some kind of Carmina contest right? Maybe the prize is a completely insane makeup?

I likes #6!!

diglett

Reaction score
Yes, please! My initial thought was "Wow, that's gonna be a gaudy pair of shoes," and now I'm ready to order a pair. Show us those photos, lads!

Pastor

Reaction score
I'm excited about see what other Carmina's Mike ordered.

I like the look of the python but I can see no practical application for me. I would be interested in something in another exotic skin (like alligator). I know Carmina does these because they are on their website but I think price is pretty high on these.

diglett

Reaction score
^ Lizard is apparently priced between calf and shell, in case you're interested.

JCPhoto

Reaction score
Pimp really is the best way to describe those Pythons.

I'm curious what kind of care they'd need.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^White mice, I assume. Seen these in the freezer case at the pet store. Probably want to let them defrost first. :rimshot:

Clearly, these python shoes are not only beautiful, but really great for all kinds of dubiously humorous riffs. Keeping me entertained.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads