• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This may sound bland, but what about a black plain-toe balmoral on a traditional round toe last, like maybe the oscar? I feel like finding a quality one of these is seemingly impossible without a cap-toe on it.

Do you not like wholecuts? They qualify as plain-toe balmorals, albeit without any stitching except the back seam. I own a pair that i wear as semi-formal shoes (i.e. with a tuxedo).

Last edited:

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you not like wholecuts? They qualify as plain-toe balmorals, albeit without any stitching except the back seam. I own a pair that i wear as semi-formal shoes (i.e. with a tuxedo).

You can order directly or through SF member tombrone I think. Of course the big brands will all make some variation as well (Saint Crispin, G&G, EG, etc. etc.)

Yeah, wholecuts oddly enough are much easier to find. I have no problem with them, they just aren't the traditional oxford I was looking for. Although, I must admit, those particular Vass are pretty tempting.

The shoe you search for is named the Crockett & Jones Wembley. The 360 last is modern but not too squarish/sleek.

I will look into this, but it looks awful pointy based on photos.

Last edited:

kidamerica17

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about the most recent Carmina delivery? I thought the revised date was earlier this week, but I've yet to see a post or photos.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see these ruby shell brogues in person.

Ready to see the Ruby as well. Hopeful they will be here in person by early next week!

Has anyone heard about the most recent Carmina delivery? I thought the revised date was earlier this week, but I've yet to see a post or photos.

We are just as eager as you guys! Got word that it's HOPEFULLY landing tomorrow. We'll certainly be as fast as possible in invoicing/shipping!

Anyone having a difficult time contacting Mike via PM? I've sent him several PM's since November 20th with no response.

NewYorkRanger pretty much hit the nail on the head. Mike has been insanely backed up since the launch of EpauletNewYork.

If anyone has an urgent concern, give one of the shops a call. We'll help you out any way that we can. If it isn't urgent, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll get it taken care of with a quickness!

Pastor

Reaction score

It's Official
Ruby Shell Captoes & Pythons are in the house. Pictures to come shortly, Invoices to be sent shortly after that!

I saw the pic on instagram. Can't wait to get them here!

diglett

Reaction score
^ For those of us without instagram, here's the photo:

Can't wait for the more "professional" shots.

runningfrog

Reaction score

^ For those of us without instagram, here's the photo:

Can't wait for the more "professional" shots.

thanks for posting the instagram shot! damn, the ruby captoe brogue came out amazing! too bad i'm leaving town on weds, but i'm looking forward to receiving these when i return after xmas. :D

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is simply a really fine looking shoe, ruby shell aside. Carmina and Epaulet are crushing it.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's Official
Ruby Shell Captoes & Pythons are in the house. Pictures to come shortly, Invoices to be sent shortly after that!

Pythons! :slayer::slayer:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just finished up the photoshoot, I'll try to get some shots to you tonight. The new shoes are freaking insanely nice. Ruby shell came out perfect, the Pythons are BONKERS, and everything else is ace.

I'm working with Carmina right now to try and get one last shipment sent this week - I know that we're running late on the Navy calfskin and shell pieces. I'll be in touch with every update that I get from them.

If I've learned one thing from this last delivery it's that we need to make a LOT more in Python and Ruby Shell. Both of these really blew me away.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OK, I'll have a full series of photos shortly, but in the meantime....

Carnegie Austerity Brogue in Cognac Python

Ruby Shell Cordovan Captoe on Queens Last

And for the record, I am kicking myself ********** something terrible for not ordering a pair of BOTH of these shoes. You guys are going to love them!

runningfrog

Reaction score

OK, I'll have a full series of photos shortly, but in the meantime....
Carnegie Austerity Brogue in Cognac Python

Ruby Shell Cordovan Captoe on Queens Last

And for the record, I am kicking myself ********** something terrible for not ordering a pair of BOTH of these shoes. You guys are going to love them!

omg, these came out amazing! thanks for the pics mike! the python brogues look super boss and the ruby captoes will be a great addition to my work shoe rotation. that ruby shell color is really awesome. i'm not sure if i should rock the pythons at the office...someone might think i'm a triad. lol

i'm glad i ordered both. :slayer:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads