• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

styleophile

Reaction score
+1 for Austerity Balmorals in the brown family - like the picture, darker, Ravello...

ferguscan

Reaction score
Austerity boot: black calf lower; dark grey suede upper. Leather sole, or something equivalently thin and sleek. Then I'm in.

EDIT: I would probably jump in for plain black calf also. But the wee bit of contrast with dark grey suede would take the awesomeness up to 11.

Last edited:

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree. I have a wingtip on the Rain last.

Six - Do you have the Carmina 922 wingtip? Curious how you like them and whether they look more modern than the chunky wingtips of the past? I'm thinking of buying a pair for Christmas.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great ideas so far!

Carmina is finalizing the pattern, but they told me that I can place orders against it ASAP. I requested some more photos of the boot from every angle so that you guys can see it, and I can properly mock it up.

So, I think that a few shell colors are a given. We'll certainly offer:

Saddle Shell
Cognac Shell
Ruby Shell

I think that suede will be crucial here too. I'd add Snuff suede into that batch.

Outside of that, let's refine some calfskin options. I think that doing a solid calf version would be great - and there we'd have the choice of Black, Chocolate, Burgundy, or Caramel.

And, definitely a cool two-tone makeup. Either a calf/suede, suede/shell, or calf/scotch. I'll work on a few mockups in this direction once I get the images.

All looks good with the planned Carmina delivery on Tuesday. I'll let you guys know and post some photos as soon as the delivery arrives. We'll also work on invoicing MTO clients for the balance and getting everyone's orders shipped out pronto. They'll be a few surprise new styles in there as well :)

diglett

Reaction score
Oh no...Mike, I'll contact my bank manager, maybe one day I'll just have the account signed over to you.
biggrin.gif
Sigh. Me, too. Mike never fails to surprise (and impress). Can't wait for those Ruby brogues.

As for the austerity boot, it'll be a tough call between Cognac and Ruby for the shell option. Black calf for the all-calf option sounds lovely, and I think a calf/Scotchgrain would be quite nice for a combo; we've had a few calf/suede makeups already, and (just my opinion) I don't like the idea of calf/shell mixes.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Six - Do you have the Carmina 922 wingtip? Curious how you like them and whether they look more modern than the chunky wingtips of the past? I'm thinking of buying a pair for Christmas.

Yes, the 922 wingtip is one of the pairs I got. I don't think they're chunky at all, but people's views on this kind of thing are pretty subjective. I think the Armoury's pictures are pretty accurate. If I get a chance when there's decent light, I'll try to take a picture for you.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, the 922 wingtip is one of the pairs I got. I don't think they're chunky at all, but people's views on this kind of thing are pretty subjective. I think the Armoury's pictures are pretty accurate. If I get a chance when there's decent light, I'll try to take a picture for you.

Great, thanks!!

Calikid

Reaction score
anybody who missed the Leather/Suede balmoral boot and wears a 9.5UK and is interested in a good deal, PM me. Thanks

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone having a difficult time contacting Mike via PM? I've sent him several PM's since November 20th with no response.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone having a difficult time contacting Mike via PM? I've sent him several PM's since November 20th with no response.

I know he's mentioned since the web site revamp that he has fallen behind in the PMs...and he'd try to catch up. Just give the store a buzz if its urgent, they're always polite, helpful and friendly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads