1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Absolutely, definitely do not do anything like that bottom photo. I'm begging you.:)

2. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

FrankC
    Thanks for putting this together. Will look at the different lasts and cast my vote tomorrow.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Has anyone been able to id the last on this boot:

[​IMG]

Forest or Alcudia are the only two jodphurs listed online but the Alcudia last features the buckle strap we are interested in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

whoops, I just recorded the Forest last as my preference for the Jodphur. Would prefer the Alcudia

5. applky

applky Senior member

That appears to be either the Rain or the Simpson last. Notice the soft chisel toe and the slight indentation just before the toe slopes downward toward the end of the shoe. No Rain or Simpson jodphur photos on their website, but here are two suede chelsea boots:

Rain:
    [​IMG]

Simpson:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  6. FrankCowperwood

Changed that for you.

7. FrankCowperwood

I suppose this ends up being a question for Mike, which applies to the balmoral as well. With this MTO, are we taking an existing model and simply defining the details or are we able to take a last that doesn't currently feature the makeup we want (using the Carmina website as reference), and build on that?

For example, with the jodhpur boot, can those who want it specify the Rain or Simpson last with the wrap around buckle fastener that we see on the Alcudia last model?

8. SeventyFive

SeventyFive Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to find out what lasts can go to narrower widths? I'd hate to vote for a last and then end up not being able to get the boot in my size.

9. gracian

gracian Senior member

I think we have a winner!

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yup, this should be possible in most cases. There's certain styles that can't be done on certain lasts, but that's in the minority. Doing the Jophur on the Rain or Simpson should be no problem. And you should be able to choose either of the strap/buckle configurations.

BTW: the Rain last is fantastic. I chose it for our Chelsea boot because it strikes a great balance of a comfortable toe shape that's not too pointed and not too blocky. It makes for a great dress/casual style, and I'd totally recommend it for the Jodphur boot. We've had concrete good sizing feedback on it too.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  11. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Cowperwood, I can't recall exactly what last I noted as a preference, but can you please change it to Alcudia or Rain for me as well. I definitely want the buckle like in the Alcudia/Rain photo; not the Forest one. Thanks much.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

thanks. My preference for the last is ultimately dependent on the pic seen here:

[​IMG]

if Mike says its Rain last, then I want Rain last

13. applky

applky Senior member

Mike is the shoe whisperer.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Haa, mike is awesome. I can't believe I have yet to purchase anything from Epaulet. This experience has really made me a fan of theirs

15. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Roman, I don't think I can be your virtual friend anymore. I am shocked you haven't made any purchases from Epaulet. Mike is the best retailer out there and puts out amazing product. His pants and shirts are phenomenal. I can not speak more highly about his customer service. You owe it to yourself to start dropping some coin with Mike; your closet will appreciate it. Promise. HA!

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

G, does this mean were not internet friends anymore? to be fair, I wasn't too familiar with the Epaulet brand until the Carmina's dropped. Now I regret having lived all these months without beautiful trousers in my life

17. FrankCowperwood

I will change that for you. I think I'll add Rain to the list of lasts. Or maybe just as pictured, with the assumption that we'll figure out what that means. Anyone who feels a need to revise can let me.

Need to submit my preferences for the Balmoral.

18. scb

scb Senior member

i'll take whatever last is better for my wide feet :)

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member