Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Namor, I agree that I could be convinced to go more conservatively. Only color I would pass on unfortunately would be black. Namor, forgive me.

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Early results have the balmoral boot making a strong showing.

I'm not entirely sure you all will be able to view summary report, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. Let me know if it doesn't work of course and I can post a link to results in a different format.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

3. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

What's the price range on these?

And I only wear boots. Even with shorts. Fuck off. ;)

I'm down with something non-black, non-brown in a boot. Oxblood (preferred), Olive (don't see it listed?) or Navy. If all else fails, I can always get something MTO from LSBH or Barker Black...

4. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

I like where this thread is going. (0)

Can't see the summary report at this stage, despite being logged in to Google.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I had to request permission

6. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

OK. So that doesn't work. You can click here instead. If you want to see nifty bar graphs go to Forms: Show summary of responses.

The way it's going, we may have to ask for a volume discount on the balmorals.;)

Namor: I can take the (blue) of the jodphur, if you think that might be limiting people's interest in it.

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes, it depends on the last that's chosen, but quite a few of their lasts are available in narrows. I'll advise on the sizing possibilities after the makeups are confirmed.

Absolutely, we can do as many makeups as you guys like. 3 is no problem.

Just some feedback from me on the discussion points:

1. Carmina's speedhooks are different from Alden's. They're wider and flatter. They're not too likely to pull out a trouser hem (although, anything could happen). I wouldn't be that concerned about it, and they will undoubtedly make a Bal boot easier to get on and off. I'll make whatever you guys prefer, but if given the choice, I would opt for speedhooks on that style. I typically shy away from hooks on Alden makeups, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them on a Carmina boot.

2. I've seen the Jodphur in person. It's amazing. A navy shell makeup of that would be an absolutely epic shoe (as shown above). Something that you might consider is using a brown edge rather than a black edge on the sole. Navy shell is often made with a black edge, but using a brown edge will give it some pop - just like the Color 8 Brixton Boots that we ran this season.

3. In terms of shoes, the Double Monk is far and away our best seller. I'm already making it in calf and shell for the Spring, but I most likely won't make it up in suede. Not sure if you guys would consider that style, but we could certainly do that shoe in nearly any shade of suede (tan, snuff, dark brown, black, white, etc). Could be pretty bad ass!

9. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Big shock that Mike has some brilliant suggestions...I would be in for a double monk in snuff suede. That sounds awesome and I would prefer that to any of the other shoe suggestions we are throwing around.

And navy Jodhpur with brown edge is genius! Voted...Seems we have 4 for the Jodhpur, hopefully we can get a few more votes and get that done.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

:fu: black shell medallion, silver buckle would be sechs. I have just 2 black shoes and way too many in brown. Navy shell is a full go for me. Btw, no way I cant follow through with the whiskey sw. Carmina is just too attractive an option

11. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

Please make some form of the jodphur soon, please. The navy shell is unreal. But I'd love it in a calf as well.

12. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I would be in for a color other than blue on the Jodphur...anyone else?

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ black shell medallion? Or how about the same color as the bal boot? :p

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

But seriously, would love black shell medallion

15. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Namor, don't abandon blue so quickly...It will be the makeups to end all makeups. :worship2: