• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

EngProf

Reaction score
So no Alt Wien in burgundy calf? Well then, off to choose among the C&J Westfield (though I wanted a blucher), the Alden 2145 (though I wanted something redder), or the AE shell Leeds (though I wanted a semi-brogue). Sigh . . .

UnreasonableMan

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Is it possible to do the next Black Pebble Grain Balmoral Boot on the Rain last? Saw another's members make up and its looks very nice

Last edited:

ElDave

Reaction score
Does Carmina do a side zip boot? I'd really like a side zip boot in pebble grain with dainite sole. In WIDE.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looks a little too Anglo for Epaulet x Carmina.

I'm a big fan of super slim toes, but on a boot, I think the Forest last is really ideal. (It also gives other the opportunity to order in wide widths -- which I don't need either, but is good for everyone.)

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Can Carmina line their boots in shearling? A jumper boot style lined in shearling with brown scotchgrain would be very nice.

UnreasonableMan

Reaction score
^ Looks a little too Anglo for Epaulet x Carmina.

I'm a big fan of super slim toes, but on a boot, I think the Forest last is really ideal. (It also gives other the opportunity to order in wide widths -- which I don't need either, but is good for everyone.)
Epaulet has done a few boots on the rain last for both their standard offerings as well as MTO. In the realm of slim toe shoes, the rain last is not super slim by any means. I believe the previous MTO of this boot was not even on the forest last, but the robert.

diglett

Reaction score
Mike,

Can Carmina line their boots in shearling? A jumper boot style lined in shearling with brown scotchgrain would be very nice.
That would be lovely!
Epaulet has done a few boots on the rain last for both their standard offerings as well as MTO. In the realm of slim toe shoes, the rain last is not super slim by any means. I believe the previous MTO of this boot was not even on the forest last, but the robert.
Nope, was on Forest.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll pitch again...dark green shell WT or PTB FTW. Metal eyelets. Thick ass sole. I know, I know...I'm a pain :)

Also, I think a burgundy Alt Wein and a burgundy punched captoe boot would be pretty sweet.

Renton

Reaction score

I'll pitch again...dark green shell WT or PTB FTW. Metal eyelets. Thick ass sole. I know, I know...I'm a pain :)
Also, I think a burgundy Alt Wein and a burgundy punched captoe boot would be pretty sweet.

Green shell wt I can get behind, but what sort of eyelets and which thick sole, double leather? Can we do the Forest last?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Apologies for the long delay on checking in, but I come bearing good news!

CARMINA DELIVERY NEXT WEEK
Got about 140 units arriving from Carmina, and they're projected to be delivered on Tuesday. Got a lot of good stuff in there including:

1. The Ruby Shell Punched Captoe MTO Project
2. The Python Austerity Brogue MTO Project
3. The Shell Cordovan Styleforum Sinclair boot and - it looks like a few units of grey suede MTO Projects
4. A whole bunch of other good stuff!

We'll still receive one more shipment this year - it should leave Spain in the next few weeks. I'm anticipating that our midnight calfskin products will be in there. I wasn't informed up front about any delays with obtaining the leather, but it looks like they needed to have the skins dyed to order. Either way, we'll do everything possible to get as much delivered by the end of the year.

A MIGHTY HANDSOME BOOT

The first sample is complete. Submitted for your approval.... the Austerity Brogue Balmoral Boot!

This thing is looking impossibly boss. I've asked for a realistic time line for the first delivery. They'll need to do some final pattern work, but I imagine that a 12-16 week period is realistic - meaning delivery around early April. Let me know what you guys think, and we can start tossing around some ideas for materials on it.

GREAT IDEAS IN THIS THREAD SO FAR

Love the ideas that are going around! I'll work on a few mockups and maybe we can narrow it down to a few options to push forward.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's... wow. Maybe I'm not thinking outside the box enough, but I think a black calf / black suede combo would be pretty amazing ( or maybe black calf / black pebble). I'd be perfectly happy with just black calf throughout :embar:

Last edited:

hanoiboy

Reaction score
Wow, ill take the austerity boot as is. But, my wish would be navy shell with double leather. If possible (ravello)..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads