1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I think it is also on the Forest last, wj4. Can't find where I think I read that, though.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Does Carmina have an in house recraft service? I don't mind taking them elsewhere but Carmina's rubber dainite is a perfect combination of style and function. Never seen a thinner rubber sole offered anywhere else

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Does Carmina have an in house recraft service? I don't mind taking them elsewhere but Carmina's rubber dainite is a perfect combination of style and function. Never seen a thinner rubber sole offered anywhere else

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Could you have sized down on the Forest last by 1.5 sizes??? I'm wearing my Robert lasted boot and it fits a little loose (sized down 1)

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Almost certainly no. I have gone with 10.5UK in a wide fitting on the Forest vs. a Brannock sizing on the wider size of 11D (it's why I like these MTOs). I buy Barrie 10.5E and 11D. I have the Forest in 11UK and 10.5UK regular fittings too. The 10.5 just barely works for me. Not that comfortable. I had to go with 11UK on the ruby captoe on the Queens.

6. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

i could probably size down by 1.5 for the forest, but epaulet doesn't stock smaller than uk7 unless it's a special order or mto. the robert last is slimmer and fits better on me for the same size. the mto's i just received are on the rain and queens, but i haven't had enough time to break them in on carpet, so i haven't worn them outside yet. all four lasts are size uk7.

i've seen smaller sizes at the armoury and carminas eshop, but i haven't invested in the sizing experiment yet. pm me if you have any carminas on the forest last in uk6.5 that you're willing to offload. :)

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The all black option is also sounding good to me. Might be the only one here who likes it. First runner is the tan calf though!

8. diglett

diglett Senior member

You're not alone; I think that would make a damn good dress boot. That'll be a serious contender for my Austerity purchase(s).

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

After wearing the Robert last boot for 20+ hours, I appreciate having a little wiggle room in the front. Towards the end, It felt like my foot expanded a width

10. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

Subbed. Don't know how I missed this thread.

Edit: Also, porosus jodhpurs pls!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  11. diglett

diglett Senior member

[​IMG]

12. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

If you have narrow feet, maybe. But tight shoes are the worst, and these are far from bespoke. There are excellent modifying options for when shoes are a "little loose." Forest is a full last, but not necessarily elongated.

Move to the East Coast, so you could try on at Epaulet or TheShoeMart.

13. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Yep, good to have room in the toebox.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Your feet do expand a bit as the day goes on. In regards to the Forest last, is sizing down half size not enough?

15. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

My 9.5D alden plaza last is equal to the carmina sinclair/cognac jumper in 8.5uk

16. yulun405

yulun405 Well-Known Member

Robert last is my favorite last of Carmina. I have a pair of black cap-toe balmoral and a pair of brown suede double monk that I got from the Armoury.

17. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

Does anyone know what wax or shoe cream you use on the Ruby shell cordovan? Does any store stock red shoe cream/wax?

18. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

I wear a Barrie 9 and a Forest 8.5UK comfortably.

I just use Saphir Reno...I find wax doesn't do justice to shell cordovan...

19. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

So true. Reno and elbow grease is all shell should ever need. Let the patina shine through, gents!

20. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks, Rob. So just follow the procedure like the other Carmina lasts by sizing down .5 from Barrie then.