• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

kungapa

Reaction score

Yeah, I much preferred the Austerity bal boot that was posted a few days ago.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are several examples of what might be done in a two-tone wingtip or austerity brogue makeup (pics lifted from ebay).

(1) Brown/ tan pebble grain:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(2) Burgundy calfskin/suede:

(3) Dark gray/gray:

Discuss!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmmm... I think I would like tan pebble grain and burgundy shell, or possibly cognac shell. Probably not that interesting a combination though.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick note: got the huge Carmina delivery today! I wasn't in the store, but I'll be there tomorrow and will take stock of everything that arrived. We'll be in touch with everyone who ordered and we'll work like hell to get everything shipped out ASAP. Can't wait!

Another thing: I've secured another round of Ruby Shell Cordovan. We have enough to make 6 boots, maybe 8 shoes. We're not far along enough to do the Austerity Bal boot, BUT we can do the existing Bal boot (Forest last) in all Ruby Shell. It's a bit time-sensitive, but I've received some PM's from guys who are interested in this item. Would we have six people out there? I can place this preorder up tomorrow and get it submitted by the end of the week. Delivery would likely be Jan-Feb, and we can take wide orders on this.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, and one other thing. The Python shoes are shipping separately from Spain any day now - they had to come in a different carrier than our main shipment due to the wildlife permit.

BUT - Carmina did send me a picture. Good lord, these things are so freaking boss. FEAST YO EYES:

Last edited:

mrbrioni

Reaction score
Woohoo!

Can't wait to see these boots in real life.

This waiting for shoes is such a royal pain - wow!

diglett

Reaction score
id be interested in the ruby boot. do you have a pic by chance???
There won't be any actual photos, as the boots don't exist yet.

As for the Ruby boots,
is there any way to wait, and have this as a color choice for the Austerity bal? I'd love to have the Ruby go to something really rare/unique.
that sounds good, but now I have to scrape together the money.
I don't know what I want. I don't like shell + wingtip, but I've still been thinking about the Austerity bal in Ruby all week. Damn it.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh right makes sense. ive been in and out of this thread so should have realized my bad

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I've always liked the combination of brown alpine grain and #8 shell. Just a thought.

Love that idea!

When I think austerity, I think WT, but I've never seen a WT bal boot. Any pics? Or am I misunderstanding?

Yeah, I much preferred the Austerity bal boot that was posted a few days ago.

We're working on a sample of the Austerity Brogue Bal Boot, that will hopefully come with our next delivery in about 3-4 weeks. It's going to be a very clean design, and a variant of the Forest-last bal boot that we're currently running. It will look pretty different from the model that was posted.

Here are several examples of what might be done in a two-tone wingtip or austerity brogue makeup (pics lifted from ebay).
(1) Brown/ tan pebble grain:

(2) Burgundy calfskin/suede:
(3) Dark gray/gray:

Discuss!

Wow, I LOVE the burg calf/suede one

id be interested in the ruby boot. do you have a pic by chance???

I won't have an actual photo, but we received the bal boots in cognac shell, so I can probably PS a decent mockup of it in a day or two.

As for the Ruby boots,
is there any way to wait, and have this as a color choice for the Austerity bal? I'd love to have the Ruby go to something really rare/unique.
that sounds good, but now I have to scrape together the money.
I don't know what I want. I don't like shell + wingtip, but I've still been thinking about the Austerity bal in Ruby all week. Damn it.

We're going to make Ruby Shell an option for the Austerity Bal Boot no matter what. So that's definitely on the table.

I'm just tossing this idea out because the leather is available now. I can't really hold it, but it's being reserved for me for the next 7-10 days to place an order against it. If we want to do a bal boot order - or any other style in Ruby, then we'd have the leather to do it, and we'd get a nice Early Spring delivery.

Depending on when the Austerity Bal Boot comes in, we may or may not have Ruby on hand at that exact time, so it's tough to estimate when it would come. I imagine not before April '13.

But we can do anything with the Ruby shell. I know that a few guys wanted to get in on the Perf Captoe that we already ran. If you're interested in that, then I can open up another round of it and take 8 more orders for that exact style. All options are on the table!

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, does Carmina happen to make any style of boot similar to the EG Galway?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

can we see a mockup of the boot?

Actually I had this photo on my hard drive - here's a quick mockup of the Bal Boot in Ruby:

@CHRK33: This style pictured is the closest thing that they do to the Galway. I have a photo to show you guys tomorrow (my personal boots with them) that actually hits close to that two-tone, thick sole style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads