• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

gentpax

Reaction score

Dropped a quick and dirty navy color mask on that floating medallion bal. Not perfect, but might be a helpful mockup.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dropped a quick and dirty navy color mask on that floating medallion bal. Not perfect, but might be a helpful mockup.

Would be a blunder if these don't get made... Look awesome

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I'd order them either way, but the rams head medallion looks better.

mrbrioni

Reaction score

As someone who wears dressier clothes (work on wall st), and to keep the shoes more versatile, I feel that we shouldn't have brown edging, rather black/blue, something with a less of a contrast.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who wears dressier clothes (work on wall st), and to keep the shoes more versatile, I feel that we shouldn't have brown edging, rather black/blue, something with a less of a contrast.

100% agree. This shoe will look majestic with grey suits, navy suits, would even pop nice with browns or denim. I say we keep the medallion the same as it is on the above shoe.

mrbrioni

Reaction score
I'm always ready for another....

Just out of curiosity mike, did the brown suede jodhpur's end up going through?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

what would one wear a off white shoe with? i think the off white wingtip looks beautiful but i dont see an outfit for it. can someone please suggest what it would look good with?

Well, an off white shoe is going to be a pretty Summer-ish style. So you'd be looking to match it with linens, cottons, lighter weight wools. It's a great match to navy, works with olive, tan, sandy tones. Windowpanes. Of course seersucker.

White shoes are actually pretty versatile once they're in season. You can dandy it up like Tom Wolfe:

Or you can wear it with denim, like Serge Gainsbourg. They look very good with lighter washes and faded denim.

That looks great, thanks for mocking it up!

Agreed, let's roll with this exactly as is. I'll build out the preorder tomorrow and we'll get it going :)

I'm always ready for another....
Just out of curiosity mike, did the brown suede jodhpur's end up going through?

Let me check our preorder number - I'll get back to you guys tomorrow.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the navy shell austerity brogues get made again and I can order a wide fitting, I am in

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's everything from my side:

1. Got a shipping confirmation from Carmina. And I've got some great news! A shipment will depart Monday-Tuesday with the following makeups:

Balmoral Boot Black Scotchgrain
Balmoral Boot Cognac Shell
Balmoral Boot Chocolate Calf/Suede
Python Austerity Brogue

Hopefully we'll get them by next Friday - if not it will be right the in beginning of the following week. Can't wait to see how all of these made up!

The only outstanding early makeup is the Navy Shell Double Monk. I've asked for status on that - I'll let you guys know as soon as I have word on it.

2. I'll get that Alcudia-last Navy calfskin bal order going tomorrow. We're good to go on that with the leather.

3. Balmoral Austerity boots makeups are going to be awesome. I'm waiting on word for Navy Shell. Now, if this was going to be delivered in Feb-March, would you guys still want some shell cordovan options for then? I might be able to wrangle some Ruby as well.

diglett

Reaction score
3. Balmoral Austerity boots makeups are going to be awesome. I'm waiting on word for Navy Shell. Now, if this was going to be delivered in Feb-March, would you guys still want some shell cordovan options for then? I might be able to wrangle some Ruby as well.
I actually might die if I see a Ruby bal boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads