1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. diglett

diglett Senior member

Every python fit pic pushes me closer to signing me up for the next round. My resolve is waning...

1 person likes this.
  2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I was thinking the exact same thing. I was thinking they would be too ridiculous for me but seeing them in the wild makes them look rather delish

1 person likes this.
  3. bespoken4me

bespoken4me Senior member

Knew that reply was coming. Write back in a few years when you've sold yours, and explain why. " It ain't what udders b wearin now" something something

4. bespoken4me

^Like stated, Thom Browne's jackets are super short on purpose. This is my 'play' blazer. I have more traditional jackets too :) I'm only 27, let me wear some weird stuff before I have kids

Now i feel guilty. As I said, you pull it off and love the shoes

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I don't think he's headed to a board meeting in that particular outfit. He has proper suits for that. :fistbump: I don't disagree that there's a need for proper suits/conventional rules.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I don't think every item in a wardrobe needs to be timeless and classic. Definitely worth having some fun with whatever happens to suit your tastes of a moment.

And those python look outstanding wj4.

7. bespoken4me

You are correct, but I never said " timeless and classic". I follow an orthodoxy of style, which hardly makes my approach the "right" one; however, if you do follow general convention of style, not fashion, certain things are immutable laws. If you are into fashion, God bless. It really is however, a strange phenomena that jackets have gotten so short. It is the culture and engine of fashion to shake things up, and to do so on a short cycle. So, if you want to follow a trend go for it. But you will hardly be in control of your own sense of style, if the designers dictate what is "in". The length of a suit has not changed in 60 yrs. You would have looked so strange even 6 yrs ago to wear a jacket that short. Now, the license has been given to do so, as the trend makers have deemed it. I sound like a cranky SOB, and truly don't mean to judge, but that is exactly what I am doing. Sorry, it isn't an "old school" thing, or an AAAC trad ethic. it is the Emporer's new clothes, but I really should bite my tongue, as this is a great thread and Mike and Adele have done phenomenal things with Carmina. The shorter the better! Cheers

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^All fair enough and especially the fact that timeless and classic were absolutely not your words.

9. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

anyone interested in doing a makeup of some suede desert boots for the spring? Snuff Suede with a York sole or double leather sole would be fantastic. Simpson or Rain last??

10. justinkapur

Always interested. What style toe

11. applky

applky Senior member

^ Simpson and Rain are Carmina's two square toe lasts, I believe.

12. justinkapur

I apologize I meant captoe, split toe , wingtip, plain toe

1 person likes this.
  13. justinkapur

14. justinkapur

15. Renton

Renton Senior member

Did this carmina dover idea ever get any traction?

16. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior member

What's going on with the shipment from last week?

17. diglett

diglett Senior member

^ There are a few photos in the Epaulet affiliate thread.

18. UnreasonableMan

UnreasonableMan Well-Known Member

Is there an update on the Navy Jodpurs? In... not in??

19. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, apologies, I thought that I posted this in both threads, but it was only in our affiliate thread:

New Carmina Styles Have Landed

Hey guys,

I've got four new styles for you. Lot's of Midnight Calfskin to go around! All of these are hosted on the new site (epauletnewyork.com), which also has a "New Arrivals" section that actually moves in chronological order.

[​IMG]
    Rand Single Monk Midnight Calfskin: $545

[​IMG]
    Faulkner Shortwing Midnight Calfskin: $545

[​IMG]
    Steinbeck Shortwing Boot Midnight Calfskin: $595

[​IMG]
    Taylor Split Toe Burnished Caramel Calfskin: $545

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'm really sorry - I was definitely expecting these in that last shipment, especially given all the Midnight Calf that we received. All that the packing list showed was midnight calf and "rain" last, which ended up being the single monks rather than the boots.

Carmina's closed this week, but I've already got an email in to them for status. I'm meeting with them in person next week as well, so I'll definitely get that sorted. I imagine that they'll be in the next delivery - along with the Grey Suede Steinbecks that are still outstanding. We'll definitely offer you guys a discount on the balance payment because they slipped into the next season.