• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Aero Leathers Custom Leather & Suede Jackets

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

We've been a Styleforum Affiliate on the SW&D side since 2009. We offer both off-the-rack and custom clothing -- and our custom business has grown by leaps and bounds over the past few years.

One of our most popular categories is custom leather & suede jackets with Aero Leathers of Scotland. We offer a gorgeous collection of styles and materials, and your jacket will be made expressly for you. Delivery generally takes about 6 to 12 weeks.

We're very experienced with sizing people remotely, and we have a showroom in Los Angeles for local fittings. We'll maintain and update this thread with new photos, new materials and shapes that we offer, and new promotions. You can always post here or PM us with any questions. We can't wait to make you the leather jacket of your dreams!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Here's our current line-up of custom Aero leather jackets shapes. The Tanker, The Highwayman, The Double Rider, and The Cafe Racer.

You can choose from a variety of leathers such as Black horsehide, Cordovan Lightweight Horsehide, Brown Chromexcel, Seal Black Horsehide, etc...Zipper hardware, and a variety of other customizations to make the leather jacket of your dreams. If you have question you can email me at [email protected], ask in this thread, or PM me.

Tanker
AeroShawlMain_1600x.jpg

Cafe Racer
Cafe_Racer_Main_2048x_9892f940-4ea8-4091-8362-d530fc638edc_1600x.jpg

Double Rider
Double_Rider_Main_2048x_04fb7acf-931a-43d0-91c1-e861a85bad69_1600x.jpg

Highwayman
Highwayman_Main_2048x_f1be0287-2898-48ba-891d-4d54ec6ccf8d_1600x.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone!!

I'm thrilled to say that we can now offer this incredible Rust Double-Faced suede for all of our Aero makeups. Previously it was only available in the jacket pictured below. But you guys can imagine how rad this would be in our Cafe Racer, Double Rider, Highwayman, and Tanker Shapes.

1) You can see the models and options that we offer here

2) If you order by Tuesday March 9th, then you can take 15% off your deposit payment with code aero15

3) If you need help with sizing or styling, drop me a PM, email to custom[at]epauletbrand.com, or hit us up on Instagram or Facebook chat. Chatting on the social networks is a great option as we can easily exchange photos and videos to answer all of your questions.

4) This is one of the most perfect rust/tobacco shades that I've ever seen. It's an absolutely wonderful match to indigo denim. It's also a great way to make your custom jacket more of a "menswear" piece, and allow it to effortlessly match with tweed, flannel, and heavier cotton trousers.

5) Here's the info on this incredible suede... straight from the folks at Aero Leathers:

To quote the respected The Art of Vintage Leather Jackets blog………..

1930s suedes were the creme of the fashion product of their day. 1930s suede is quite unique and unlike any I have ever seen. The inside is always the top grain of the hide and the suede side is always a super, super fine nap”

We are immensely proud to announce that the Suede described above “Is no longer unique to the 1930s” as we’ve had this Suede recreated exactly as it was tanned in the 1930s. It’s been a long haul though, for at least the last 25 years we’ve been trying to find a tannery that could recreate this legendary Goat Suede, we’ve come close a few times but we wanted perfection, now, finally we’ve managed find a tanner capable of recreating this long lost leather to perfection, 100% so, the weight, the touch, the drape, the appearance and the quality are all identical, it really is the most incredible leather, almost worth the 25 year wait!!

suede montage.jpg
Suede deets.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a quick video of the Aero Tanker jacket in action. And a reminder: tonight is the final call for their Spring promotion and 15% off all deposit payments. Just use code aero15 at checkout

And a huge thanks to everyone who has ordered so far! This has been one of the strongest promos that we've ever done. The team over at Aero is emerging from an unbelievably challenging year (as we all have), so everyone there... and of course everyone here at Epaulet... is particularly grateful for your support!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I wonder how the tanker or cafe racer would make up myself.?

its going to be amazing...that’s really one of the best color tones that I’ve ever seen. We took about five orders in it so far, and I’ll get lots of pics and video when they arrive

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's our latest customer makeup... a gorgeous Cafe Racer in Horween Oxblood Chromexcel leather! We simplified the front and removed the bottom hip pockets. This leather has an incredibly thick and sturdy hand. The finish is a little waxy and it has a beautiful natural grain. This horseshide is an execellent option if you live somewhere cold. It's about as thick as it comes, and it can handle light precipitation. We produced this with a cotton liner, but wool liners are available too if you want extra insulation.

Oxblood Chrome Cafe Main.jpg
Oxblood Chrome Cafe Rear.jpg
Oxblood Chromexcel Button.jpg

Oxblood Chromexcel Cafe Tag.jpg

L.I.T.

Reaction score
CUSTOMER AERO LEATHER JACKET MAKE UPS

We just received some customer Aero leather jackets make ups in Rust Double Faced Suede. And they came out gorgeous!

Here's the link to made yourself a made to order Custom Aero Jacket
MADE-TO-ORDER LEATHER JACKETS

Here's the Highwayman
MADE TO ORDER LEATHER HIGHWAYMAN JACKET DEPOSIT
We took some shots on me even though I'm probably one size up from the tagged size but its a handsome look with my Individualized Saffron Stripe Seersucker Shirt and EZ pants in khaki.
Rust Suede Highwayman Collar.jpg
Rust Suede Highwayman Detail.jpg
Rust Suede Highwayman Full.jpg

Rust Suede Highwayman Pocket.jpg

Rust Suede Highwayman Main.jpg
Rust Suede Highwayman On Figure.jpg
Rust Suede Highwayman on Figure Detail.jpg

The Tanker in Rust Double Faced Suede
MADE TO ORDER LEATHER TANKER JACKET DEPOSIT
Rust Suede Tanker Collar.jpg
Rust Suede Tanker Main.jpg
Rust Suede Highwayman Rear.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yesterday we launched our once-a-season Aero promotion! Ming is going to weigh in on all the details later, but for the moment...

1) You can get 15% off the deposit payment for any of our custom leather jackets. It runs through next week. The code is aero15.
2) As always... Aero is a very small team. We send orders as soon as they are received, so if you order earlier in the promo, you'll get delivery earlier.
3) We've got three new leathers.....
4) First is the "Kelpie" horsehide in the above video. We've done a lot of brown jackets with Aero, and this leather is my all time favorite. It's soft and not too heavy. A lot of horsehide jackets are insanely stiff and feel like plate carriers... but this is on par with a more comfortable cowhide. The skin has this distinct mottled pull-up effect that looks a lot like Museum calf. I think it has exceptional character.
5) Next is Natural and Navy Chromexcel. Heavier than Kelpie, and overloaded with patina and character. Natural chromexcel jackets are especially a thing of beauty
6) If you need help finding your size, we can quickly do it with emails or social media chat. I've sold almost 500 Aero jackets since 2017, and only about 10% of those were actually sized in-person. Both Ming and I are great at doing remote sizing.
7) Not only is this a good time to order with the discount, it's the last time to order for beginning Fall delivery. Jackets placed after this round will come close to the end of November. So order now to get your piece in October and get maximum use out of it!

Here's a link to all of the custom jacket items on our site

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
AERO LEATHERS MICROSITE

Hey guys!

We have some new plugin's on the site to make concise microsite pages and dynamic galleries. In honor of this week's Aero jacket promotion, I'm going to roll out the first one. Here's a rough draft, but it should be fleshed out tomorrow for our newsletter:

https://www.epauletbrand.com/pages/epaulet-aero-leathers-jackets

Any feedback is appreciated! I'm planning to make one of these for each of our major product categories, and to keep the galleries fresh as new product rolls in.

ae2.jpg
ae1.jpg

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to ask, as an owner of 2 aero jackets: Most Aero jackets are MTO. I was able to provide measurements/adjustments directly to Aero. A Highwayman from Aero is 690 pounds - so about $960. What does your Brown CXL horsehide highwayman for $1350 get me that the $960 one directly from Aero does not? I get MTOs with leathers or makeups not available in standard OEM. But it seems like you're offering some of the same products with just a rather large mark-up. So, what is different about your Brown CXL Highwayman?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've got a new exclusive custom item to present with Aero leathers. Introducing the Thorpe Varsity Jacket...

ThorpeItemleader_2048x.jpg

EPAULET X AERO LEATHERS CUSTOM THORPE VARSITY JACKET

The "Thorpe" is our exclusive collaboration design with Aero Leathers of Scotland. This modern varsity jacket pairs a sturdy 21oz British Melton Wool body to your choice of six different leathers. for the sleeves, collar, cuffs, and trim.

You can choose the base wool color, the sleeve & collar leather, sizing & length, and the body liner for an entirely customized piece. Each Thorpe jacket will be meticulously crafted in Scotland by Aero Leathers, and dispatched within approximately 8 to 12 weeks.

The resulting piece is a fresh and current take on the classic varsity jacket. The quality of the materials and craftsmanship is absolutely peerless, and your Thorpe will be a true heirloom piece to cherish for countless years to come. Each of these leathers will gain a gorgeous patina with use... particularly our exclusive unfinished horsehide.

This old-school design hearkens back to flight jackets of the 1920s. It has a comfortable shawl collar, an easy button-front closure, quarter top waist pockets, button cuffs, and waist adjusters. Its well at home with denim and boots, but also supremely easy to dress up with trousers and more formal looks.

Here's a rundown of all the available accent leathers. You can also opt to have the sleeves and collar done in a contrasting or matching melton wool.

Brown "Kelpie" Horsehide: This mid-weight horsehide has a beautifully complex oiled finish. Named after a Scottish mythical creature, Kelpie Horsehide has a mottled finish with a subtle interplay of lighter and darker tones. It's reminiscent of the "museum calf" leathers used for footwear.

Unfinished Front Quarter Horsehide: this gorgeous and supple leather is one of the premier skins offered by Comipel - one of the finest leather houses in the world. The skins are vegetable tanned in drums for five weeks and lightly oiled. The final product has all the natural markings and grain of the original skin. Normal wear, moisture, and sunshine will all darken the leather over time - imparting a gorgeous deep caramel patina.

Rust Double-Faced Suede: This unique and exclusive skin has smooth top grain on the inside and a fine brushed suede nap on the outside. It offers the elegance of a suede jacket with the strength and weight that Aero is famous for. It's a loving reproduction of suedes from the 1930s, and unlike anything else you've seen!

Russet Mid-Weight Front Quarter Horsehide: This rich and distinctive leather has a gorgeous reddish-brown tone, a smooth matte finish, and an incredibly soft hand that's comfortable from the first wear.

Seal Mid-Weight Front Quarter Horsehide (Dark Brown & Black): Similar in weight to the Russet Horsehide, Seal is available in brown or black. It remarkably consistent grain and tone. The brown is a very dark brown, and the black is jet black. It has a slightly waxy and polished look, and will perform better in wet conditions.

Click through to the item and you can see a full range of graphic mockups for each combination. We should have our very first two finished pieces in hand by the end of the month as well... I'll post up pics and videos once we have them...

NavyMelton1_2048x.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just a quick note... we just received our very first Aero jacket in Horween Natural Chromexcel! This leather is in crazy short supply right now, but wow.. it's really worth the wait!

I'll have a video to post in a day or two as well. I think we'll try for a new Aero promotion on Thursday. They sent some gorgeous UK steerhide leather swatches which make for a softer and lighter jacket than our typical horsehide models. We have four beautiful colors in that, and we can promote it alongside all of the other leathers that we offer.

Highwayman Natural Chromexcel Main.jpg

Highwayman Natural Chromexcel Rear.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics