• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet USA-Made Custom Suits, Trousers, Jackets, and Chinos

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

We've been a Styleforum Affiliate on the SW&D side since 2009. We offer both off-the-rack and custom clothing -- and our custom business has grown by leaps and bounds over the past few years. A lot of the items that we offer are more relevant on this side of the forum, so I'm starting this thread to show off our latest developments and finished customer pieces. We're very experienced with sizing people remotely, and we have a showroom in Los Angeles for local fittings.

Here's the main categories that we offer:

Made to Order Shirting with Individualized Shirts, New Jersey, USA

Made to Order Suits with Southwick, Massachusetts. USA
Made to Order Sportcoats with Southwick, Massachusetts. USA
Made to Order Trousers with Southwick, Massachusetts & Hertling, Brooklyn USA

Made to Order "Doyle" Casual Jackets, our in-house product from Los Angeles, USA

Made to Order Leather Jackets with Aero Leathers, Scotland

Thanks for looking and questions are always welcome!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Let's kick this off the most popular item on our Instagram right now... our in-house Doyle jacket in heavyweight Wool/Cashmere:

Doyle Wool Cash Main.jpg
Doyle Wool Cash Detail.jpg

This fabric has an awesome weight and a deep, handsome green tone. We can tailor the body and sleeve length to your specs. and each piece is hand-cut and individually sewn at our Los Angeles factory. There's an option for a rad handsewn interior monogram too!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One of our best customers commissioned a sportcoat in Huddersfield Cavalry Twill

Based in the United Kingdom, Huddersfield Cloth is known to make the best wool Cavalry Twill in the world. Crafted to a military-spec 12oz weight, this sturdy fabric is descended from equestrian breeches, and offers an absolutely perfect drape and a rich color. The twill weave gives a subtle heathered complexity to the surface and this ranks as one of the most comfortable and long lasting fabrics that you can wear. The weight is generally appropriate for early Fall to late Spring.

We paired it with a custom bengal stripe shirt and our Royal Purple Diamonds necktie for this eye-catching but easily worn combination....

Cav Twill Sportcoat2.jpg
Cav Twill Sportcoat.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a few custom shirts that we've done for clients... each one is made by Individualized Shirts in New Jersey.

You can click through our links to see all of the options, but feel free to PM me with any questions.. I know that the process can be confusing if you've never shopped with us before. I'll be happy to work with you personally to find the right measurements. It's really easy if you have a shirt that fits you well already.

Canclini Green Gables Duotone Print
IS Green Gables.jpg

Indigo Hunter Check Portuguese Flannel
IS Plaid Flannel.jpg

Poitou Midnight Dobby Check
IS Blue Check.jpg

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this mean Hertling trousers will be available more readily again?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does this mean Hertling trousers will be available more readily again?

Yup and we have a killer promo going live with them tomorrow! I’ll post it here once it’s up, but it will drop with our newsletter first thing in the morning.

We definitely had our issues with lead time last year, but Justin and the team are promising a 4-6 week delivery on everything and a few regular video check-ins to show the progress. Here’s an overview pic of all the fabrics...

95FD0DA7-92C5-468E-A4EB-34E7986E8109.jpeg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was about to talk **** about the trouser fits, but all those high rise ones look pretty solid hmmm.

rather expensive tho.

will there ever be a longer version of the doyle jacket? as it is, I'm just not a fan of the short jacket design.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to see this!

is there a full canvas option for tailoring?

Do the trousers have after dinner splits?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was about to talk **** about the trouser fits, but all those high rise ones look pretty solid hmmm.

rather expensive tho.

will there ever be a longer version of the doyle jacket? as it is, I'm just not a fan of the short jacket design.

i disagree on the price issue. That’s pretty standard for a US/Canada made trouser with euro fabric.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember when Epaulet used to be my sweet spot in terms of some the best clothes for the money.........the pricing has nearly doubled now =(

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

rather expensive tho.

@FlyingHorker not as off-the-rack, but you can specify an additional 1 to 2" in both body and sleeve length via our MTO program. Right now it's loaded with woolens and more sartorial fabrics, but we'll offer basic cotton canvas and opening price point fabrics there too in about a month.

Nice to see this!

is there a full canvas option for tailoring?

Do the trousers have after dinner splits?

At the moment, all of our suits are half-canvassed and made by Southwick, but working on a full-canvas option for the Fall. I'll have more info on that later.

And "after dinner split" always makes me smile, but yes all of our custom trousers have that.

I remember when Epaulet used to be my sweet spot in terms of some the best clothes for the money.........the pricing has nearly doubled now =(

@Viral thanks for all of your support, I know that you were a customer for years. The pricing had to go up in response to price increases that we received from our suppliers. But... we're going to offer a Hertling promo starting tomorrow with cottons at $175 and wools at $245... so its a lot closer to where we used to be. Hemming service is available for an additional charge, and that's big for a lot of guys, as our old Hertling promos were all unfinished. I'll post up the links and info once I have it.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MiUSA ain’t gettin’ cheaper, that’s for sure. Southwick, Alden, Hertling, everyone...

Add to that higher prices for wool and the fact that everything is now MTO rather than stock and prices are a strong step up from where they used to be.

That said, good stuff is always going to be pricier. It’s not like Epaulet or any other maker (ok, most makers we patronize) are out here price gouging.

Last edited:

letsgofire

Reaction score
I’ve been very pleased with my epaulet purchases. Looking forward to some tailoring from you guys this year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads