• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet USA-Made Custom Suits, Trousers, Jackets, and Chinos

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys! As advertised.. our Hertling promotion is up..

EFF Leader.jpg

HERTLING TROUSERS FLANNEL, CAVALRY TWILL, AND COTTON PROMOTION

We're thrilled to offer this special order opportunity with Hertling Trousers! We have 21 fabrics to offer from now until Thursday Jan 30th -- all at the lowest prices that we've seen in years and a committed 4-6 week lead time.

There's a great mixture of versatile solid wools and cottons, so this is a great opportunity to build out your wardrobe for Spring and beyond! Stock is very limited, and all models & sizes are available to order.

Click through and check it out... and please feel free to post of PM any questions here!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cross-post from our Affiliate Thread...

Hertling Promotion Ends at Midnight

Quick heads up.. our promo with Hertling ends tonight. They're ready to start cutting these next week, and we're looking forward to a fast and precise turnaround for all of these.

Here's the link to check it out and seriously bless your wardrobe with the good stuff:

Couple of last minute notes:

1. I made a video of my top three favorite swatches. Definitely consider these if you don't already own something like them:

2. If you need help to figure out your sizing or trouser model, then you can still order today and reserve the fabric. Just write "hold for sizing" and I'll circle back to determine the best fit. I just need the trousers to be paid for today as I have to foward the full reservation and cost payment to Hertling first thing in the morning.

3. For anyone considering a move to #teamivory.. these photos of a trouser'd dressform upon that virginal white fabric might be just the thing to push you over the edge:

IMG_3471.JPG
IMG_3470.JPG
IMG_3469.JPG

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @Epaulet
Could you speak a little bit about how the selection of seasonal fabrics for MTO trousers and such is chosen? Is it based on what Hertling/Southwick has available, or do you find these fabrics yourself? Just wondering how it works and if you'd be open to suggestions from some of us in the thread

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Epaulet
Could you speak a little bit about how the selection of seasonal fabrics for MTO trousers and such is chosen? Is it based on what Hertling/Southwick has available, or do you find these fabrics yourself? Just wondering how it works and if you'd be open to suggestions from some of us in the thread

Oh sure, thanks for asking. Our fabric sourcing breaks down like this:

SOUTHWICK
Most of the available fabrics are simply from their custom line offerings. These are available to both Southwick accounts and Brooks Brothers. When we offer promotional fabrics... those are sourced and purchased by me. I get them either from the Brooks Brother fabric clearance area or from a network of fabric sales points that I work with. Those are always exclusive to our program.

Our suiting shapes (Nuovo, Taylor, Walt, Gable, etc) are wholly exclusive to us. But if you've purchased a custom or OTR suit from Brooks Brothers, we can also order into those models.

HERTLING
Pretty much all of the fabrics that I offer are part of Hertling's stock program. Justin gives us exclusivity and special pricing on certain items at different points of the year.

Our trouser shapes (Rudy, Taylor, Walt, Gable, etc) are wholly exclusive to us. But if you've purchased a trouser in a Hertling in-house shape, then we can also order into those models.

INDIVIDUALIZED SHIRTS
The vast majority of our available fabrics are from the Individualized custom line. A few times a year, we're able to offer exclusive fabrics as well. These are usual casual goods like madras, flannel, and denim. They're typically leftovers from fabrics used by Beams in Japan. I tend to get the exclusive access to offer the remaining fabrics as custom pieces.

It's easy to tell the difference.. the Individualized stock fabrics come on white swatch cards, the exclusive fabrics are just pieces of cloth.

LOS ANGELES CUSTOM (Doyle, Sinclair, Rivet Chino, Wilhelm Chino)
We source all of these fabrics ourselves. This entire custom program was built from scratch, and it's my ambition in 2020 to offer the best custom casual pieces in the USA. We're going to increase the assortment, broaden the options, and streamline the lead time. I buy these fabrics from a host of different dealers and sources across the world.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Here's some beautiful custom Doyle chore jacket makeups which just arrived...

WOOLRICH "DREAM" DONEGAL
Look the color tones on this! I actually have more of this fabric and can do another 3-4 jackets at $325 for a Doyle and $350 for a Sinclair. Some of the last fabric that Woolrich Woolen Mills ever produced! HMU if you want one...

DSC05434.jpg

DSC05433.jpg

MAGEE HEAVYWEIGHT HERRINGBONE DONEGAL
This is one-of-one. Truly one of the greatest tweeds I've ever seen.

DSC05422.jpg

DSC05416.jpg

BARBERIS OVERCAST DUSK TATTERSALL
Absolutely gorgeous sartorial check in a year-round weight. I don't have any more cloth on hand but could probably get enough for another piece or two. $395 for the Doyle and $420 for the Sinclair.

DSC05430.jpg

DSC05424.jpg

ROSE WOOL-SILK-LINEN DONEGAL
Gorgeous lightweight blend for warmer climates. This is the only piece that we could make.

DSC05413.jpg

DSC05407.jpg

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last Call for 15% off Custom Shirts

Hey guys! Just sent the newsletter... we're closing the Individualized promotion tonight. I've been able to send them about 75 shirts so far, which has been absolutely amazing. Thank you as always for the support!! Couple of quick notes...

1) You can see all of the custom shirt categories here

2) Take 15% off all of them until midnight with the code custom15

3) If you buy five shirts at once, I'll refund the lowest price shirt in the batch. You can stack this with the 15% off code

4) We have a rad category of Summer exclusives, including Albini linens, which come out to under $170 with the discount.

5) You get a free Individualized face mask for every shirt that you order. We'll send those with USPS first class next week.

5) If you're unsure of your size, then we can do a video fitting consultation next week. I have to reserve the fabric and the order with Individualized by tomorrow to get the discount. But we can take some time to nail down the exact sizing and details. Just order by midnight and choose the option below for sizing...

8423F583-E638-4ECA-B116-2E63675C7753.JPG

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Custom Doyle Chore Jackets in Handwoven Silk Matka

Hey everyone,

Earlier in the Summer, we offered 12 colors of Indian Silk Matka for custom jacket makeups. The finished jackets just arrived and they are STUNNING! Here's some pics of my favorites attached.

I'm putting together a ton of great fabrics for Fall makeups.. including some really luxe cashmere and camelhair options. I'll keep this thread updated as the new pieces roll in!

Antique Made Up.jpg
French Blue Made Up.jpg
Moss Made Up.jpg
Oxblood Made Up.jpg
Tangerine Made Up.jpg
Fuschia Made Up.jpg

Reactions: jms

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Here's some beautiful custom Doyle chore jacket makeups which just arrived...

WOOLRICH "DREAM" DONEGAL
Look the color tones on this! I actually have more of this fabric and can do another 3-4 jackets at $325 for a Doyle and $350 for a Sinclair. Some of the last fabric that Woolrich Woolen Mills ever produced! HMU if you want one...

View attachment 1355492
View attachment 1355491

ROSE WOOL-SILK-LINEN DONEGAL
Gorgeous lightweight blend for warmer climates. This is the only piece that we could make.

View attachment 1355486
View attachment 1355485
Is there any chance of the Rose Donnegal fabric being sourced again? It's absolutely beautiful! The Dream isn't too shabby either.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there any chance of the Rose Donnegal fabric being sourced again? It's absolutely beautiful! The Dream isn't too shabby either.

Ah.. I wish! That Rose was a one off fabric buy from Southwick.

I can absolutely do Woolrich Dream Donegal though... there's enough to make three more units and I was planning to put them online to purchase on Saturday. Here's some pics of a Sinclair Sportcoat in that cloth that just came through. It's got these hidden scarlet and indigo tones where are really awesome. It was part of the final Woolrich PA production run too.

Dream Sinclair2.jpg
Dream Sinclair1.jpg

Jnarcane

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked into you guys after seeing the other thread about shirts and am intrigued.

Are the sport coats and suit jackets fully canvassed?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looked into you guys after seeing the other thread about shirts and am intrigued.

Are the sport coats and suit jackets fully canvassed?

Hey thanks! Actually I'm long overdue to update this thread with all of our new sourcing.

These days, we have a full capsule collection with Hickey Freeman, and they are manufacturing our suits, sportcoats, trousers, Doyles, and Field Jackets. The quality and selection is better than ever, and we're delivering the finest clothing that we've ever offered.

YOU CAN SEE WHAT WE'RE OFFERING HERE

I'm planning to have our Spring fabrics up around the end of the month and we'll surely offer a discount code when they launch.

Our in-house sportcoats and suit jackets are half-canvassed by default, but I can have them made with full canvas for an upcharge. We weren't offering that in 2021 because COVID threw a bunch of delays and complications onto even the most routine production, but I think we'll be out of those woods by next month. Feel free to email us at custom[at]epauletbrand.com with any questions and we can take you through the process.

Jnarcane

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks! Actually I'm long overdue to update this thread with all of our new sourcing.

These days, we have a full capsule collection with Hickey Freeman, and they are manufacturing our suits, sportcoats, trousers, Doyles, and Field Jackets. The quality and selection is better than ever, and we're delivering the finest clothing that we've ever offered.

YOU CAN SEE WHAT WE'RE OFFERING HERE

I'm planning to have our Spring fabrics up around the end of the month and we'll surely offer a discount code when they launch.

Our in-house sportcoats and suit jackets are half-canvassed by default, but I can have them made with full canvas for an upcharge. We weren't offering that in 2021 because COVID threw a bunch of delays and complications onto even the most routine production, but I think we'll be out of those woods by next month. Feel free to email us at custom[at]epauletbrand.com with any questions and we can take you through the process.
I may do that!

This fabric looks like it would make a gorgeous sport coat.

1644464807867.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads