• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet & Styleforum Shirts - The Final Thread!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im 5'7-5'8 as well.

they are the prefect length for me but MAYBE a tad longer than id like. but its not a huge difference to where it is too long if you know what i mean. they are basically just right in terms of length. i dont have any fit pics again no camera. but hopefully someone else can help you.

i am a size small too for reference.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the tags also state that they are machine washable cold. thats a plus for me cuz i HATE dry cleaning and too expensive. you might want to try washing in warm and seeing if it shrinks a tad

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
just got the shirts and they are AMAZING... love the ties and the shirts. probably one of the best deals and highest quality shirts i have bought in a while. thanks so much.

cant wait to start rocking these.

fit and quality is GREAT!

Thanks Pierce - I'm so glad that you like the shirts! Looking forward to your pics.

Originally Posted by tonio028
I saw the length of these shirts posted in another thread (for the s/s anyway but think they compare with the long sleeves). How do you feel about the length of the shirt you purchased and what's your height if you don't mind me asking? I ask because I love the look of the shirt and you've confirmed what I suspected about the quality, but I was hesitant that these would be way too long for my liking at 5'8". Thanks.

Well, everyone has different preferences for length, but I can say that most customers in the store - even guys around 5'5" - find that the length works for them. The double darts keep it slim against your lower back and prevent that shapeless belling that you get with a lot a woven shirts. The only time that I've had length be an issue is with guys around 5'5" or 5' 6"who have to take an XL. But if the rest of the fit works for you, then you can dial in the length at a tailor or dry cleaner that does alterations.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
the tags also state that they are machine washable cold. thats a plus for me cuz i HATE dry cleaning and too expensive. you might want to try washing in warm and seeing if it shrinks a tad

And yes, I'd actually recommend washing these cold and hang drying them over anything else. I do that for all of my shirts, and it's better for the fabric than dry cleaning. The Seersucker hang dries perfectly - there are very few wrinkles outside of the natural fabric texture. The Chambray will get a lot softer and finer with repeated washing. They stand up to a ton of wash and wear.

harryc

Reaction score
Since I live in New York, I received my shirts the day after they were shipped. I thought I'd like to chime in. 5'10" and 155. Neck size is a 15.5.

I ordered a size small in both shirts and I have to agree that the cut and quality are great. Very slim fitting and I actually find the length to be perfect for me to wear untucked (shirt tail in back covers half of my rear end).

The seersucker is tie is
drool.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thanks Pierce - I'm so glad that you like the shirts! Looking forward to your pics.

Well, everyone has different preferences for length, but I can say that most customers in the store - even guys around 5'5" - find that the length works for them. The double darts keep it slim against your lower back and prevent that shapeless belling that you get with a lot a woven shirts. The only time that I've had length be an issue is with guys around 5'5" or 5' 6"who have to take an XL. But if the rest of the fit works for you, then you can dial in the length at a tailor or dry cleaner that does alterations.

Good points. For the price of these shirts and craftsmanship, I still need to find a good tailor in my area that works on shirts. The red sunwahsed chambray short sleeve looks awesome. Do you have any higher res pics you can post for that fabric similar to the one you posted on that tartan?

harryc - fit pics son!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harryc
Since I live in New York, I received my shirts the day after they were shipped. I thought I'd like to chime in. 5'10" and 155. Neck size is a 15.5.

I ordered a size small in both shirts and I have to agree that the cut and quality are great. Very slim fitting and I actually find the length to be perfect for me to wear untucked (shirt tail in back covers half of my rear end).

Thanks Harry! If you're ever in Brooklyn, please stop by the store - we'd love to meet you.

Good points. For the price of these shirts and craftsmanship, I still need to find a good tailor in my area that works on shirts. The red sunwahsed chambray short sleeve looks awesome. Do you have any higher res pics you can post for that fabric similar to the one you posted on that tartan?

But of course. Seriously, this Japanese Sunwashed Chambray is some of the nicest chambray that I've ever seen. The fabric's got phenomenal texture.

Sunwashed Red Chambray @ 1500px
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3663/...2d75edf6_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/...a45cd0c8_o.jpg

Green Gingham @ 1500px
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2442/...6b1c4892_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3300/...d9b0297d_o.jpg

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my shirt and I am floored! This is the best RTW fitting shirt I've bought to date.

I'm 5'6, 160 (40" chest, ~19" shoulders) and a M is almost perfect. Perfect on the shoulders, great around the chest and neck, length means I can wear it tucked or untucked. Sleeves are about half an inch long but no RTW shirt has ever fit me well off the rack. This one's the closest so far.

Thanks Mike! You've got a repeat customer in me.

harryc

Reaction score
Threw it on quickly. Pardon my long and messy hair.

IMG_0024-1.jpg
IMG_0027-1.jpg

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks for posting those pictures. The fit looks nice, slim but not pulling on buttons tight. The length doesn't look so bad at your height, I'm two inches shorter though so I'll keep contemplating how that extra 2 inches will translate on me. Nice looking shirt though.

I still secretly wish the chambray collab shirts was in that washed red color that is available in the short sleeve version or a lighter green b/c I have plenty of muted colors to go around. Either way, interest is peaking for me.

harryc

Reaction score
I still secretly wish the chambray collab shirts was in that washed red color that is available in the short sleeve version

Yeah, it would be great if the red chambray was long sleeve.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there was a red gingham short-or-long sleeve, I would snag it in a second. Damn, these shirts look nice.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Just got my shirt and I am floored! This is the best RTW fitting shirt I've bought to date.

I'm 5'6, 160 (40" chest, ~19" shoulders) and a M is almost perfect. Perfect on the shoulders, great around the chest and neck, length means I can wear it tucked or untucked. Sleeves are about half an inch long but no RTW shirt has ever fit me well off the rack. This one's the closest so far.

Thanks Mike! You've got a repeat customer in me.

Thanks breakz, I'm so glad that you like the shirt! We've got a ton of new styles coming down the road.

Originally Posted by harryc
Threw it on quickly. Pardon my long and messy hair.

The shirt fits you great Harry. I dig it with the jeans.

I still secretly wish the chambray collab shirts was in that washed red color that is available in the short sleeve version or a lighter green b/c I have plenty of muted colors to go around. Either way, interest is peaking for me.

Originally Posted by jarude
If there was a red gingham short-or-long sleeve, I would snag it in a second. Damn, these shirts look nice.

It's funny that you guys wrote this, I was thinking along the same lines. I put in an order for our new shirts last week which include both a red gingham and a second color for the Chambray. We'll have a few other styles to choose from too. There's going to be a lot to choose from. I'll have more details and swatches to show next week. Thanks again everyone!

batorizer

Reaction score
Got mine today, and I love it. The fabric really is great and the fit is awesome for my skinny self.

atomicranch

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and add to the praise of the gray chambray shirt. I got mine today and the fit and fabric are outstanding, all at a very reasonable price. The fit is as good as any RTW shirt I own. I'm 5'10", 183 lbs and went with a L. The fit is spot on except for the sleeves, which are a bit long - a trip to the tailor will fix that.

Epaulet will definitely be getting more of my business in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads