1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet & Styleforum Flannel Shirt Poll

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Aug 3, 2009.

1. cicero79

cicero79 Senior member

Looks great Mike! I've been looking forward to this one and it has far exceeded my expectations. You can count me in for a red. I know you are quite busy with the upcoming party, but afterwards, could you give my PM a look see? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. breakz

breakz Senior member

Mother F**k a J.Crew. I'm so dissapointed in their flannel material and fit I won't even pick them up on discount. These joints are where it's at.

I'm surprised by this...J.Crew's flannels this season have fit me better than any other J.Crew shirt I've tried on. What doesn't fit right in your case?

3. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Speaking for myself:

On the small the shoulders were fine, the chest was a little larger than I would have wanted but I would have dealt with it. The back and the bottom sides of the shirt balloons out like crazy (no darting) and the sleeves are pretty wide as well.

On the XS the chest is almost too tight and the sleeves are still way larger (width) than I would like them too be but on an XS they are too short .

Their jersey cardigan, in small, from this season on the other hand; the fit is dead on fwiw.

Even when I have had my shirts from J Crew tailored, they still are just a little off. Maybe I'm OCD but I know what I like. It's a shame too because I really liked the print on the Youngstown

I suspect Tonio and I are roughly the same size so I'm sure he can elaborate more on what I said/add a different perspective.

4. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Mike, by EST, you mean current New York time, right?

Just clarifying as New York is presently on EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) which results in your current time being one hour ahead of EST.

Just to confuse you - muhaha.

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Speaking for myself:

On the small the shoulders were fine, the chest was a little larger than I would have wanted but I would have dealt with it. The back and the bottom sides of the shirt balloons out like crazy (no darting) and the sleeves are pretty wide as well.

On the XS the chest is almost too tight and the sleeves are still way larger (width) than I would like them too be but on an XS they are too short .

Even when I have had my shirts from J Crew tailored, they still are just a little off. Maybe I'm OCD but I know what I like. It's a shame too because I really liked the print on the Youngstown

I suspect Tonio and I are roughly the same size so I'm sure he can elaborate more on what I said/add a different perspective.

This plus I hate the longer lengths. Plus I prefer a soft brushed like flannel as opposed to a thick tight weave type and these Epaulet flannels seem buttery soft to my liking.

With respect to the Crew, shoulders and neck are not an issue for me with J.Crew it's the Incredible Hulk sleeve widths and low armholes/chest that usually break the deal for me and the heavier fabric on their flannel selection accentuates these particular fit issues for me. I don't have the time/patience to deal with tailoring every article of clothing I own for these more complex types of adjustments so I'm not having it.

Epaulet's sizing is spot on for the fit I like and fits right off the rack. Not to mention his materials, buttons, and fabric are the real deal.

6. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Mike, by EST, you mean current New York time, right?

Just clarifying as New York is presently on EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) which results in your current time being one hour ahead of EST.

Just to confuse you - muhaha.

Don't overthink the situation meng. He means current time on the East Coast so by your mind blowing question, I would venture to guess EDT. Be there.

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Epaulet's sizing is spot on for the fit I like and fits right off the rack. Not to mention his materials, buttons, and fabric are the real deal.

amen to that

8. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

amen to that

Amen.

Oh and did I mention his collar roll is beautiful? Well it is. I think this is often an overlooked item over here on SW&D, but this little detail has always stood out for me, brings the whole shirt together. J. Crew's collars are a f***ing joke when you've seen the light of the likes of the collar on an Epaulet shirt.

9. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Another +1. I just need to lose weight...I gain a few lb since I bought my shirts. Lol [​IMG]

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Amen. Oh and did I mention his collar roll is beautiful? Well it is. I think this is often an overlooked item over here on SW&D, but this little detail has always stood out for me, brings the whole shirt together. J. Crew's collars are a f***ing joke when you've seen the light of the likes of the collar on an Epaulet shirt.
    yeah h&m and other cheaply made buttondowns have TERRIBLE collars ...

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for all the great feedback - we're really excited that you guys dig the flannels so much! It was a pleasure making them. I'm going to hash through and get back to everyone's questions. First off, here is the full sizing specs:

[​IMG]

Sleeves From Back is measured from the center of the upper back. This is for customers who buy their shirts according to collar and sleeve lengths.

Sleeves from Shoulder is measured from the shoulder seam.

Length is measured from the bottom of the collar (where it attaches to the shirt) the middle of the tail.

We're going to launch the shirts at 10AM NYC time (sorry about the EST confusion!)

12. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

13. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

it's funny that you (and Tonio) brought this up because that was the first thing I didn't like when I started to become unhappy with J Crew shirts.
    drooltastic
    yes, it is.

14. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

im pretty sure im gunna be a XXl

15. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

Mike, just did a quick measurement on a shirt that fits me well, and p2p it is 22 inches. Does that mean that the medium would be too small? I'm not sure because sometimes there can be discrepancies between p2p and chest size measurements.

16. Epaulet

Mike, just did a quick measurement on a shirt that fits me well, and p2p it is 22 inches. Does that mean that the medium would be too small? I'm not sure because sometimes there can be discrepancies between p2p and chest size measurements.

What brand of shirt is it?

17. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

Banana Republic Slim Fit in a medium.

18. Epaulet

Banana Republic Slim Fit in a medium.

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that one. But if you need a 22 pit-to-pit, then you might want to opt for the Large - even with its 21 p-to-p measurement. I think that the Medium's going to be too slim on you.

19. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

Yah, I just measured with a tape measure myself and got around 41-42 inches, so I'll go with the large (if I can get one tomorrow haha). Thanks for the quick help man!

20. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Oh and did I mention his collar roll is beautiful? Well it is. I think this is often an overlooked item over here on SW&D, but this little detail has always stood out for me, brings the whole shirt together. J. Crew's collars are a f***ing joke when you've seen the light of the likes of the collar on an Epaulet shirt.

it's funny that you (and Tonio) brought this up because that was the first thing I didn't like when I started to become unhappy with J Crew shirts.

Epaulet Small Batch: the gateway drug from SW&D to MC.