Epaulet & Styleforum Flannel Shirt Poll

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Last I checked you dragged us Aussies within a hairs breadth of recession.

We've still got money, so listen to us!

2. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Short hems!

3. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

When you say "slim point collar", do you mean that the collar height will be less than on your other shirts?

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

im in ... i definitely need some flannels this fall.

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback so far! We're really glad that you guys dig the flannels!

And sorry for the late reply. We've closed the shop until 8/15 and we're in Panama. It's hotter than hell here, but the seafood is great. And today we visited "Monkey Island" via boat - where a family of adorable monkeys nearly assault you for peanuts. Luckily, it was too humid for them to throw any feces at us. Tomorrow we'll take a seaplane out to "Boca Del Toro" - a remote part of the country where you can lounge on a white-sand beach and go fishing for exotic Tuna. Hell yeah. I'll bring back lots of pictures.

So, to get at everyone's questions...

Mike - Question: Are you going to offer these shirts online or are party goers getting first dibs. I'll be sad if I can't make it up to NY AND miss out on the purple flannel. [​IMG]

These will absolutely be available online, and we offer shipping to most International destinations. We'll make sizes XS-XXL.

What kind of prices are we probably talking for these bad boys?

They'll be $130 - our usual long-sleeve price.

are you just doing one chest pocket.

Yes, we're planning just one left chest pocket.

Would like to see red with bias cut flap pocket. Also would like to see these shirts cut a little shorter than the previous shirts done.

Our body fit and length will be our standard fit. I know that it's not ideal for everyone, but it's proven to work for the majority of our customers. The fabric is really soft and not too heavy, so we want people to be able to tuck it in if they want. These are going to look awesome under a cardigan.

All the colors, one or two flapped pockets with no bias anything and keep the hem on the shorter side.

Thanks Karl! Compared to most flannels - especially brands like Filson and Pendleton, our hem is shorter.

How long are Epaulet shirts? (colar to hem @ back). I worry I'll be too tall for them. If not, however, I'm definitly up for at least one of these.

I'll update my product listings with the body length after I get back. Sorry, I keep meaning to do that. We have quite a few regular customers who are 6'3", 6'4" and find the shirts long enough - although they have to wear them untucked. Hopefully they'll work for you.

When you say "slim point collar", do you mean that the collar height will be less than on your other shirts?

The "Slim Point" refers to the collar shape - it will be a bit slimmer than the usual point collar that you'd see on a flannel shirt. The overall size will be significantly smaller than our current Spread collar. It will also have removable collar stays. It will have a nice and slightly updated profile. Don't worry - it's not going to be a crazy micro-collar or anything like that.

We'll probably keep the collar stand (the piece beneath the collar) at its present height - which is a bit higher than the usual American shirt.

6. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Mike, thanks for the answers and enjoy the vacation!

7. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

The "Slim Point" refers to the collar shape - it will be a bit slimmer than the usual point collar that you'd see on a flannel shirt. The overall size will be significantly smaller than our current Spread collar. It will also have removable collar stays. It will have a nice and slightly updated profile. Don't worry - it's not going to be a crazy micro-collar or anything like that.

We'll probably keep the collar stand (the piece beneath the collar) at its present height - which is a bit higher than the usual American shirt.

OK. Thanks for the clarification -- I'm fine with any collar shape you choose as long as you keep the high collar stand. It works well for me and my long neck.

+1 on enjoying your vacation.

8. theom-

theom- Senior member

Oh, and an informal question: would you like the fabric on the pocket to be bias cut? So that it looks like this:

[​IMG]

Yes on the bias cut. Can you do the placket bias cut too?

Also, Pleaseeeee put pockets on this shirt. Chambrays and flannels look tarrrible without pockets.

9. highball

highball Senior member

This is a great idea. Really i like all the colors except pink.

I will likely buy one if i get to try it on first. Slightly worried about the hem length (i'm reeeal short). Bias-cut pocket would be a deal-breaker for me though.

1, 2 or no pockets is cool, but if 2 i think they should be flapped. Looking forward to seeing the result.

10. svelten

svelten Senior member

+1

Also pink looks awful, so I'm glad the poll results reflect that

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Please do a discount if you buy multiple shirts ie all three [​IMG]

12. hooya2

hooya2 Senior member

13. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Looks like it's offical: brown, purple and red win.

This is going to be nice.

14. premo

premo Senior member

I'm also down for red, purple and brown. I'll definitely buy all three if there's a discount, otherwise probably just red.

15. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Woo... My 3 choices win! That never happens!