• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anxious to see how the luxury MTO Doyles turn out. Made some riskier choices that could be home runs or not.

CaptainCrunchy

Reaction score
The only thing stopping me from getting a doyle jacket is the single/center vent. I can't stand the idea of it splitting open into a triangle and showing your rear when you put your hands in the pockets. Thoughts?

wd112019

Reaction score
@Epaulet,

I've attempted to reach out via email and they've gone unanswered but I needed a return authorization for order #48643

Thanks

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have the size chart for Garands handy? I can't find it on the site anymore

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing stopping me from getting a doyle jacket is the single/center vent. I can't stand the idea of it splitting open into a triangle and showing your rear when you put your hands in the pockets. Thoughts?
I’ve never had a problem with it. I prefer side vents on more formal jackets, but on the Doyle I like the look of the small center vent.

I just got the SF Sashiko Doyle … IT’S SOOOO NICE!!!!

CaptainCrunchy

Reaction score
I’ve never had a problem with it. I prefer side vents on more formal jackets, but on the Doyle I like the look of the small center vent.

I just got the SF Sashiko Doyle … IT’S SOOOO NICE!!!!
You’ve never had a problem as in you don’t experience it? Or you just don’t mind? The combination of [front pockets + the length not being an overcoat length + single vent] should cause it to split open basically everytime your hands are in the pockets. I’ve never tried a Doyle myself. I‘ve just tried on and returned similar jackets from other brands before due to this.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’ve never had a problem as in you don’t experience it? Or you just don’t mind? The combination of [front pockets + the length not being an overcoat length + single vent] should cause it to split open basically everytime your hands are in the pockets. I’ve never tried a Doyle myself. I‘ve just tried on and returned similar jackets from other brands before due to this.
Honestly, I've never really noticed; or been bothered by it … but everybody's got their own tastes.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey dudes, our preorders are all shipped out over here, so we're catching up on things with general. I'm going to run a few promos for Black Friday, and here's the first one:

SAVE 25% ON TIES & SALE UNTIL SUNDAY

Use the code black25 to take 25% off...

Everything in our sale section

All of our American-made, self-tipped neckties

This is going out in our newsletter in the morning, so you heard it here first!

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet, what's the waist measurement for a 32 Garand supposed to be? I can't find them on the site. I think my Hertling Garands came larger than they're supposed to be

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet, what's the waist measurement for a 32 Garand supposed to be? I can't find them on the site. I think my Hertling Garands came larger than they're supposed to be

Ah it should be about 33 inches total (about 16.5" at the rear waistband). Drop me a PM if its a lot larger than that. They can of course be taken in by a tailor but we'd credit you for that work if there was a production error.

And yeah, the Garand model is a real challenge for Hertling to do with their current staff, so I think those dozen pieces that we just delivered are the last Garands that we'll be able to offer. End of an era!

wakawaka

Reaction score
@Epaulet Mike sir, could you review my emails in regard to my Southwick Single Cuts Taylor order #45903? The issue is that the inseam has not been finished. I understand I might not be eligible for a 15$ refund for the uncompleted service (a lot of time has passed since placing the order), but I figured I had best ask. This is the original DM I sent a week ago:

Hello Mr. Mike,

I sent two emails in regards to my Southwick Single Cuts order #45903 (one email to [email protected] around three weeks ago, and another to [email protected] about a week ago), but unfortunately I have not received a response so far, so I've decide to contact you here on StyleForum. I'm afraid that my messages are not getting through, because for some reason I have not received the newsletter emails for a few months now (I've no idea why).

I realize that I placed my Southwick order quite a long time ago (Single Cuts promotion took place in January), but I could not have informed you much earlier about the problem due to issues with lengthy shipping time of the Taylors to me in Poland (item stored in US for some time + transatlantic maritime transit). Could you take that into account? The problem is that the Taylors have not been hemmed (contrary to what the order was). Would I still be eligible for a $15 refund? Please take a moment to look at a short video I made to provide evidence of the issue:

Kind regards,
XYZ

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads