• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sashiko Surprise

Got a funny question for you guys. After cutting, we had about 8 units of jackets above and beyond our special orders. I decided to experiment and see how it would look if we washed the jacket in maximally hot water and distressed it a bit. Kind of an aged natural look.

I wrote “Agua Caliente” on the order, thinking I’d be clever with my minimal Spanish language ability.

Well, with my lousy handwriting this was interpreted as “Aqua Caliente” and these 8 units were dyed as such...

DB9EA0B9-8240-4CFB-9AAB-A4CE022C1C78.jpeg

I think it’s kind of dope... especially with pale chinos or white jeans, but I appreciate that we’re in the exact wrong season for this.

Anyone dig this color? I could do it final sale at a significant discount. Or if not, I might have the guys put a jet black overdye on it.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the aqua linen Doyle from this summer and can attest to the greatness of that color family.

I would absolutely buy one of those if it wasn't duplicating the linen one.

(NB- I also have the pink linen one, so the Miami Vice look is on lock)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, @FLW is totally right, it's a great color in something like Linen or Wool, but it's honestly kind of crazy in Sashiko. I think a punchy blue tone like the one we made for Kapok is far better.

Speaking of Sashiko Doyles: We received ALL of the Azure, Army and Merlot units. I think that we can have them all packed and shipped today. Mink is still finishing up and I'm hoping to have those go complete on Wed.

I also have all of the Army, Azure, Merlot, and Natural bags. Natural shipped on Friday, I'll see what we can get out today, but those bags are also all shipping by Wed. It's busy over here!

Blastwice

Reaction score
I thought I'd post some pics of this "Top Shelf" Individualized Shirt in the flesh to tempt some of ya'll to consider the "Top Shelf" fabrics...

This is my third "top shelf" fabric shirt. I tend to agree with Mike when he says Epaulet x Individualized has the best shirting offerings on earth. The next picture I think speaks for itself...

Blastwice

Reaction score
The label is marked bespoke. How is it different from IS’s typical MTM product?

I feel like Mike mentioned there are only 4 employees at Ind. who are working with their top shelf cloth and maybe the collar is handsewn? It was in either the insta or in the video about the fabrics. It also came in a nice box and was finished quicker than the others. It additionally has (contrasting) red thread button hole on the last one which is a detail my other past orders have lacked.

It's far and away the most luxurious piece of cotton clothing I own and my nicest shirt. The best way I can describe the hand is it feels like the cotton is actively cooling my skin somehow. And it's incredibly fine and smooth.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet I've been considering recently getting a sportcoat in pearl grey for casual wear - so the (P)Earl Grey MTO option certainly caught my eye. Given the elasticity of the cloth though, is it a bit risky to get this made up in the Sinclair shape?

While I am posting, here are some (albeit low quality) photos of EP sashiko back home in Japan ... (also the Wakefield (?) Harris Tweed 3/4 length jacket and plum Rivets - all still going strong)
View attachment 1282096

Thanks for posting the photos... you guys look awesome @pekingman

And it looks like that "Earl Sweatshirt" fabric was claimed, but its more of a heather grey than a true pearl grey. I don't have anything fitting that bill at the moment, but I'll keep an eye out for you!

I thought I'd post some pics of this "Top Shelf" Individualized Shirt in the flesh to tempt some of ya'll to consider the "Top Shelf" fabrics...

View attachment 1287505

This is my third "top shelf" fabric shirt. I tend to agree with Mike when he says Epaulet x Individualized has the best shirting offerings on earth. The next picture I think speaks for itself...

View attachment 1287506

View attachment 1287511

@Blastwice absolutely beautiful pics... thank you so much for your business and for posting the shots!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And yes @Blastwice is totally right... there are only four operators in the entire factory who can handsew the collar, cuffs, and gussets on these Top Shelf shirts. Anything made by them includes the "Bespoke" tag inside.

The fabrics used are so fine and expensive that they are the only ones trusted to work with them at the most sensitive stages. It's amazing to watch them ... a typical collar can take about 15 minutes of very detailed work.

Last edited:

pekingman

Reaction score
And it looks like that "Earl Sweatshirt" fabric was claimed, but its more of a heather grey than a true pearl grey. I don't have anything fitting that bill at the moment, but I'll keep an eye out for you!

Thanks Mike - if anything pearl grey/flannel comes your way please do let me know!
No picture to upload, but the EPxCarmina kudu boots and wool-cashminks are keeping me warm today, now that it is down to below-zero in the mornings here in Beijing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads