• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My MTO Sinclair came in Friday and it's awesome! Already at the tailor to add internal pockets and take the waist in a bit. Can't wait to wear it!

goalaso

Reaction score
My MTO Sinclair came in Friday and it's awesome! Already at the tailor to add internal pockets and take the waist in a bit. Can't wait to wear it!
Definitely curious to see pics of the the tailoring results

pekingman

Reaction score
@Epaulet I've been considering recently getting a sportcoat in pearl grey for casual wear - so the (P)Earl Grey MTO option certainly caught my eye. Given the elasticity of the cloth though, is it a bit risky to get this made up in the Sinclair shape?

While I am posting, here are some (albeit low quality) photos of EP sashiko back home in Japan ... (also the Wakefield (?) Harris Tweed 3/4 length jacket and plum Rivets - all still going strong)

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet I've been considering recently getting a sportcoat in pearl grey for casual wear - so the (P)Earl Grey MTO option certainly caught my eye. Given the elasticity of the cloth though, is it a bit risky to get this made up in the Sinclair shape?

While I am posting, here are some (albeit low quality) photos of EP sashiko back home in Japan ... (also the Wakefield (?) Harris Tweed 3/4 length jacket and plum Rivets - all still going strong)
View attachment 1282096

that earl sweatshirt heather struck me as a great candidate for the sinclair. also someone please sinclair up the 8track.

mike2

Reaction score
that earl sweatshirt heather struck me as a great candidate for the sinclair. also someone please sinclair up the 8track.

As a matter of fact, I had the same thought and ordered the 8track last night as a Sinclair. Really looking forward to that.

I share your enthusiasm for the Sinclair. I was surprised by Mike's comments a while back that the Sinclair didn't sell well. I think it's a versatile shape and is effective at being sport-coat like enough but without being prone to the "why are you so dressed up?" comments. I have seen big brands selling 'chore blazers' and would have expected more success from Epaulet's much nicer version. Anyway, I'm glad it remains an option on the MTO.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, it really is the last call for the Tote Bags. Picking them up and bringing them to the dye house around 11:30AM PST.

If the item is still online, then you can still order.

Four quick notes:

1) Preorder price on this is $95. Any stock items will be $135, so it's a great savings.

2) We cut all of this deadstock 21oz Sashiko. If there's a mill where I can buy more of it, then I can't find it. Pretty sure that this is the only heavyweight selvedge sashiko cloth that we're going to be able to use

3) Any items not claimed by preorder will be made in Azure, Shadow Ink, and Natural. If you want one of the other colors (Army, Magenta Mink, Merlot) then you have to preorder it

4) If you order a Natural bag, we'll actually be able to ship it tomorrow! The balance will go out next week.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
@Epaulet The link below was 20 days ago and I did as I was asked.

Additonally, I emailed all the email CS addresses that were recommeded upthread all to no response.

I have emailed and PM'd and acted in good faith. This is after waiting for a doyle to get corrected after a year. Can you either send me my pants or my money back?

I'm not new to MTO but I'm fed up with the lack of CS.

NYBootman

Reaction score
Hello good morning @Epaulet. I hate to trouble you via StyleForum. I've tried to reach out to your company via FB messenger and via several e-mails. This is in regards to the second pair of Hertling pants ordered back in May. I would be very grateful if you can provide me with an update to order 47047. I'm still waiting for delivery.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet The link below was 20 days ago and I did as I was asked.

Additonally, I emailed all the email CS addresses that were recommeded upthread all to no response.

I have emailed and PM'd and acted in good faith. This is after waiting for a doyle to get corrected after a year. Can you either send me my pants or my money back?

I'm not new to MTO but I'm fed up with the lack of CS.

Ah I'm really sorry.. totally my fault on that. I saw your PM come through, but if I check it on my phone and don't make a note at the time, then it goes down the bottom of the list, and I lost track of it. We shipped out your pants today and I included a free gift for the mixup.

@NYBootman after long last, there's about 50 trousers shipping direct from Hertling today. A huge thanks to everyone for bearing with us on that. I'll check with them and email you back to see where your specific pair is. I see that we were able to ship you one piece on the order already.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gang - noting the upcoming Epaulet - American Trench convergence/show, thought I'd toss in the thread ring how another Philly collab - the patchwork Doyles - led me to contact the Hamid Holloman operation. I pitched some functional repairs on canoe shorts hanging w/in an inch of their lives, and he sent back some real kraftwerk.

I really appreciate how these introductions can create spur conversations, and only comes from seekers and obsessives like Epaulet.

CF2B5BE1-E0CE-4382-8CB6-9F572233E685.jpeg
903856F2-CC59-4731-B410-84ABB578DE86.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gang - noting the upcoming Epaulet - American Trench convergence/show, thought I'd toss in the thread ring how another Philly collab - the patchwork Doyles - led me to contact the Hamid Holloman operation. I pitched some functional repairs on canoe shorts hanging w/in an inch of their lives, and he sent back some real kraftwerk.

I really appreciate how these introductions can create spur conversations, and only comes from seekers and obsessives like Epaulet.

View attachment 1284043
View attachment 1284048

Thanks for posting that and these shorts look awesome! Totally agree... I’m so grateful for all the wonderful people I’ve met and the crazy obsessions that I’ve taken on because of you guys!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads