• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get up early to go run most mornings and then get ready for the day before my daughters are up for school so this:

I do. I get up at 6 so I can get ready before I have to wake the kids for school and I find it to be pretty depressing to be up for an hour before there's any sunlight. The kids also fall asleep a little earlier when it's dark earlier at night.

I don't enjoy it getting dark by 5:30 in the evening (could be worse if I were somewhere further east in the time zone like NYC or Portland, Maine) but I do appreciate it getting light a little earlier in the morning.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'm with the "hate it" group.. I'd much rather have more sunlight later in the day. Despite getting up earlier than I ever did. I picked up my little girl at 5:45 yesterday and it was really dark and sort of chaotic yesterday.

And wanting this schedule is apparently "permanent Daylight Savings time." The switch that just happened is reverting to Standard Time.

adelorenzo

Reaction score
At my latitude this time of year it's now dark when I go to work and when I come home so that part of it doesn't bother me. What I could definitely do without is the kids waking up an hour earlier though. :rolleyes:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah wasn't crazy about that this morning, but I was able to put her to bed at 7:30 yesterday without her typical 20-minute dance party to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Taylor Swift.

Admittedly, I like this dance party a lot, but it was also nice to eat half a rotisserie chicken and read food blogs.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Donegal.

Attachments

• DF1EB119-5C9D-49C3-AB2E-DEB166AB61FF.jpeg
    DF1EB119-5C9D-49C3-AB2E-DEB166AB61FF.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 37

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay the item is online and ready for orders!

Not sure how quickly things will sell, but bear in mind that there's only about 12 units available in each of the baller Canclini Prints (flannels and cords)

Code custom15 gets you 15% off all custom shirts, and you can stack this with our "I GOT FIVE ON IT" discount, where you buy five shirts and I refund you for the lowest-price one.

And yes, I just came up with the "I Got Five on It" thing. Where has that been all of this time?!?

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't care either way. just don't move the clock back and forth. that's the worst

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh and BTW I put a bunch of new neckties online.

They'll all be in the newsletter first thing in the morning. Code necktie15 gets you 15% off every tie in our collection. The three most crucial new ones IMO are:

Fox Brothers Oxford Grey Flannel: Seriously, just buy this if you don't own something like it already, it's a totally perfect FW tie. Hand is amazing, color is perfect, will be bonkers good under a navy sportcoat.

Robert Noble Holiday Wool Tartan: Be the hit at every single holiday event. This thing is freaking unstoppable.

E.Thomas Mocha Herringbone Wool Tweed: perfect complex brown tones, and the herringbone looks super rad cut on a bias. We only have four units in this one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads