• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smmrfld

Reaction score
Hi Mike...is the 30% off code good on the tennis trainer also? If so, I’ll take an 8.5. Thx!

jesse_dylan

Reaction score

Louys

Reaction score
I'm having a really hard time convincing myself not to impulse buy those GATs. Mike's sneakers are the best cost/value proposition on the market, and I'll be sad to see them go.

plato

Reaction score
Ach, was counting on another unfinished horsehide sneaker drop this fall to pick up a pair. My ghost horsehide tennis trainers are killer. Understandable business strategy though...

theh00d

Reaction score
Love my ghost sport trainer, whats the best way to clean em? I tried jason markk didn't really work too well lol

altmana

Reaction score
Love my ghost sport trainer, whats the best way to clean em? I tried jason markk didn't really work too well lol
I just used saphir renovatur and it seemed to work well. Resist urge to overclean. Use a single product and wait wait wait to see results before reapplying or escalating to harsher products

apolloali

Reaction score
Yeah I'm stressed about cleaning my ghost highs. They're getting a big scuffed. Anyone tried Crep protect as a cleaner?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last Call for 20% Off Cashmere Sportcoats

Hey dudes, just a quick note that it's the final day to save 20% on Cashmere custom sportcoats. The colors this year are absolutely bonkers! There's 12 options with a lot of your favorites and new Loden, Peacock, and Garnet shades. Peep the video:

You can use the code cash20 to claim that discount. They come out to a little over $1100.

Get your order in now and they should finish up right at the end of the month. Peep all of the colors below and click here to order.

Cash3.jpg Cash2.jpg Cash1.jpg

herzzreh

Reaction score
Yup... Couldn't resist last night - got me a backup pair and another one for my kiddo.

slows2k

Reaction score
Well, while I understand the decision, as mikes observations about the sneaker market right now are spot on, the end of the Epaulet sneaker program really bums me out. Having had 4 pair of them through the years, 3 of which are still on rotation with lots of life left to go, the possibility I won’t be able to add or replace down the road is a downer. Pour one out for the best designed and constructed GAT-none I’ve seen anywhere near the price point are as good.

Possibility of small MTO runs in the future instead of stock?

b-ill

Reaction score
Well, while I understand the decision, as mikes observations about the sneaker market right now are spot on, the end of the Epaulet sneaker program really bums me out. Having had 4 pair of them through the years, 3 of which are still on rotation with lots of life left to go, the possibility I won’t be able to add or replace down the road is a downer. Pour one out for the best designed and constructed GAT-none I’ve seen anywhere near the price point are as good.

Possibility of small MTO runs in the future instead of stock?
?

I'm now regretting not stocking up

ErikW

Reaction score
Is herringbone linen Doyle machine-washable? Can I tumble dry it?

I machine washed my linen Doyle and tumble dried it. I used a medium heat setting for the drying. It shrunk a small amount (which was what I was hoping to achieve), but looks perfect.

Sneaker Clearance (Styleforum discount preview)

Hey guys,

I've spoken a little bit about our sneaker collection this year. I'm honestly at a crossroads with it.

On one hand, the product is excellent and we have (literally) thousands of past customers and sales.

On the other, there's more competition out there than ever, and I won't really hold my own against all of the sneaker start-ups without investing a lot in both inventory and marketing. And I'm not totally sure that it's the best use of our time and energy. We may be better served just focusing on the clothing items that we do exceptionally well.

There's only one of me, so I have to decide: do I want to try and sell hundreds of sneakers (along with acquiring customers, dealing with returns, etc) or do I want to set up a larger scale and functional MTO chino and jean program? At the moment, unless I find a partner on the footwear, I'm leaning towards the second scenario.

So.. all that said.. I'm going to clear out our remaining inventory and take the sneaker category offline. It may be back in Spring 2020 and it may not. If you dig our Sport Trainer, then this may be the last chance to get a pair.. and Ghost Horsehide is one of the best offerings that we've ever done. I'm going to offer 30% off with the code below. If you click on it, it should take you to the item itself and auto-populate the code. This will go out in the newsletter tomorrow, so you heard it here first!

sportfinalsale30

SPORT TRAINER GHOST HORSEHIDE: $185.50 w/code

That's a bummer. But, here's my ringing endorsement on the ghost horsehide sports trainer. This is a steal of a deal if you're in the market for a super high quality pair of kicks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads