• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sent a pm. Hopefully I get readded to the newsletter too

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also... a sincere and huge thanks for the custom Doyle orders. This is one of the most exciting things that we've ever made.

The idea of doing fully custom and monogrammed jackets in fabrics from Loro Piana and Di Pray - made from start to finish in Los Angeles - is really big. No one else has offered anything like this. I'm SO excited to see these come off of the line. I've got pics from the last round to show once we get some time to edit all of them. too.

ErikW

Reaction score
Any reason why the chainstitch shirts don't use a button down collar?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any reason why the chainstitch shirts don't use a button down collar?

I think that the point collar works better with the overall "work shirt" vibe. We use soft fusable at the points, so it sits nicely under a jacket and can be worn with a tie if you like.

I know that some guys have purchased their own small buttons and had the collar converted to B/D by a tailor. Totally possible to do it you want.

chimaki

Reaction score
Hey Mike @Epaulet , took delivery of 2 pairs of 10oz duck canvas rivets today and they're substantially slimmer and more tapered than last order, did i miss a fit change on these or did they make up small?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Mike @Epaulet , took delivery of 2 pairs of 10oz duck canvas rivets today and they're substantially slimmer and more tapered than last order, did i miss a fit change on these or did they make up small?

Depends on what your last order was... the oxford cloth Rivets from Spring made up a bit larger, but these are right where they should be, measurement-wise. If you're talking much older Rivets, then we can figure out what size you need.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick heads up... we just had a customer change his custom Doyle order, so the "Autumn Rust Tweed" is once again available. This color is beautiful and a rad contrast with indigo denim if you're into jeans. It's online and available now.

DoyleWool3_2048x.jpg

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
@Epaulet - did you ever get new sample Aero jackets for fittings? I thought I remembered you clearing out the old ones a while ago

chimaki

Reaction score
Depends on what your last order was... the oxford cloth Rivets from Spring made up a bit larger, but these are right where they should be, measurement-wise. If you're talking much older Rivets, then we can figure out what size you need.
sent you an email with some more detail, appreciate the help.

CaptainCrunchy

Reaction score
@Epaulet I'm trying to reach your customer service email but haven't been getting a response. I wanted to return a pair of rivet chinos that didn't work out for me. Can you help please?

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, did you do videos for the other Individualized fabrics? I went to check the PF and fall casual and it seems like the only video posted is dress fabrics 1.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads