• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, if I had waited a week I'd have gotten the ikat shirt for another 30% off! Do y'all do price adjustments, @Epaulet ?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two big things for today

1) Take 30% Off All Markdown Items

We're down to the last bits in our Summer sale, so use this code to get 30% off what's left in here.

finalsale30

I know that the fabric is pretty loud and it clearly didn't resonate with most guys, but man... those Ikat items are really incredible in person. If you're open to wearing something bolder, then definitely consider picking it up at this reduced price. The weight on our Doyle & Rivet is actually pretty heavy, so it's totally wearable through most of Fall. The shirt is light, but it's also completely nutzo so I still think you'll find a solid way to wear it. Either way, Ikat is discontinued from our side, so it's the last chance saloon for this really special cloth.

The neckties are a really spectacular deal with that discount! You won't regret it, we had a ton of great feedback on them.

2) Last Call to Order the Plum Static / Vintage Infantry / Handwoven Taping Rivet Chino Project

We're actually down to about 6 more units that we can make in Plum Static, so this has been an overwhelming success. It was originally going to run until the weekend, but I want to give the order to our factory tomorrow so they can already set up the cutting. We're delivering the Selvedge Chambray shirts next week, and I want to keep this train of timely preorders rolling.

You can check out the project here.

I realize that the description is really wordy and this whole pitch is probably more complicated than it needs to be, but here's the breakdown:

* I sourced three awesome materials: (1) a "Plum Static" 9oz Doubleweave cotton from Japan, (2) a Vintage Infantry 12oz Duck Canvas from the USA, and (3) absolutely nutzo handwoven & hand-dyed seam taping from Ecuador.

* You can order the Rivet Chino in either fabric (Static or Duck Canvas) and with Handwoven taping, our standard ecru herringbone taping, or no taping at all. About half of our orders so far have the handwoven taping, about half have the regular one.

* We're putting this all into work next week and hopefully delivering in about three weeks after that. Because these materials are so limited, it's going to be final sale.

Static_Handwoven_Taping_2048x.jpg

apolloali

Reaction score
Mike, I wanted nothing more to stroll through New York in a blue ikat suit, but alas, I was and still am on a budget.

goalaso

Reaction score
@Epaulet, for the new custom doyle fabric options, can we do Sinclairs if we request in the comments?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet, for the new custom doyle fabric options, can we do Sinclairs if we request in the comments?

Yes sir, it’s a $25 upcharge. Just write it into the comments and I’ll contact and bill you afterwards.

And thanks for all of the custom orders guys.... these are going to be incredible!! I have photos from the last round that I’ll edit and post up this weekend too

bnd6xc

Reaction score
Snagged the green Loro Piana on sight... didn’t even check for a code. Really looking forward to this 1 of 1 :bigstar:

Now fingers crossed for a bone colored pinwale corduroy to compliment it on cool evenings in the spring!

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has everything been posted, or is this still being built out? I saw the video, but note that most the fabrics aren;t yet listed as being available.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet how far from century city are you on say a Wednesday @ 2PM? Got to rip in for a meeting next month

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has everything been posted, or is this still being built out? I saw the video, but note that most the fabrics aren;t yet listed as being available.

Are you talking about the Doyle’s? All the fabrics were available this morning when the email went out so if it’s not listed it’s sold out already.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ah sorry... yeah if they’re not in the drop down then they’re sold. A lot of them got zapped early this morning when the NL went out

@Epaulet how far from century city are you on say a Wednesday @ 2PM? Got to rip in for a meeting next month

Not bad... if you’re leaving at 2 than maybe 40 min. It will be longer later on though.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah sorry... yeah if they’re not in the drop down then they’re sold. A lot of them got zapped early this morning when the NL went out

I see. Apparently, I'm no longer receiving the newsletter.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I see. Apparently, I'm no longer receiving the newsletter.

Oh man I’m sorry.. I actually switched from Mailchimp to Omnisend because we had this big annoying glitch with that. If you want to PM me your email then I can add you in manually

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
Ah sorry... yeah if they’re not in the drop down then they’re sold.

Damn. Any chance of other custom doyle options this year? Been wanting a wide wale brownish cord in particular, but interested in others. Missed the Loro piana.

Somewhat relatedly, a couple years ago you had a unique small, crowsfoot tweed from Southwick. I think it was from an Italian mill. It’d make one hell of a doyle if it could be acquired.

Edited: just googled and found the crowsfoot vid. .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads