• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Any chance the Gitman EFF's will be in before Labor Day weekend?

@Duke Silver lemme check and get back to you on that

One day I'm going to have to put some money aside for one of these.

So. Awesome.

My current lambskin one has been really good for a long time, but has a couple issues that are evolving. Might have to go in on the next batch...

@Epaulet Do you keep the Aero samples in the store? Wish I'd thought to put my eyes and hands on them when I was there...

Yes, I used to have a bunch of them, I'm getting some new ones for the Fall.

The Aero people are really helpful with sizing, so we can also work with photos of the jacket that you own and some basic measurements. I know the leather options really well too -- so we can absolutely work remotely on it.

Excellent! Two questions. One, I wanted to grab a shirt in the Sienna Big Check, should I wait? Two, is it possible for us to send in fabrics to have made up?

Thanks!

@nycs10011 I'm working on the relaunch now, and it's looking like Tuesday... sorry for the delay on that guys, this is a pretty huge project but will hopefully make the whole process easier and more accurate. I really want to be the best custom shirtmarker that you guys have ever used.

In terms of pricing, this is going to happen:

1) The shirt prices will all rise a bit (maybe 7-8%) but they'll be 15% off during the promo period

2) The multi-discount for 2, 3 and four shirts will go away. But if you buy five shirts, you get the lowest priced one entirely for free.

So I'd say to order now only if:

* You want to buy 2 or 3 units of the less expensive shirts. You'll save some cash with the lower pricing and multi-discount.

* If you want the Madras fabric (even one unit). That's definitely going offline, and they're only going to hold it for orders that we submit by Tuesday.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's been a long time since we've offered a stock Southwick jacket, but this guy is going online in a bit. Can't wait!!

Nuovo Donegal Lapel.jpg
Nuovo Donegal Cuff.jpg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike. I might need you to make a leather jacket for me this winter. Yowza those pieces look cool.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Aero people are really helpful with sizing, so we can also work with photos of the jacket that you own and some basic measurements. I know the leather options really well too -- so we can absolutely work remotely on it.

Are there options beyond the unfinished horsehide?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike. I might need you to make a leather jacket for me this winter. Yowza those pieces look cool.

@El Argentino I'd love to! If you have a jacket that's similar in any way we can use that as a sizing guide.

Are there options beyond the unfinished horsehide?

@Sartorium sure thing, there's a bunch of black, brown, and cordovan leathers to choose from:

https://www.epauletbrand.com/collections/made-to-order-leather-jackets

We usually do a 10% off discount at the beginning of the season, so I can extend that to anyone interested in a jacket. I just don't have the space in our newsletter schedule to promote it at the moment. I can also personally guide you towards the right jacket, so just hit me up if you want to start the process. It generally takes about 8 weeks for the pieces to ship, so it's a good time to order for the Fall.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet is there any thought to eventually have a jacket option with a more normal gorge? I find the "modern" gorge on the Nuovo sportscoat to be too high. High gorges were on trend but it drives my eyes crazy. Can we have a happy medium between the 80s style low gorge and this Neapolitan high gorge?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet is there any thought to eventually have a jacket option with a more normal gorge? I find the "modern" gorge on the Nuovo sportscoat to be too high. High gorges were on trend but it drives my eyes crazy. Can we have a happy medium between the 80s style low gorge and this Neapolitan high gorge?

Well the basic Nuovo shape is intended to be Neopolitan, and that typically implies a higher gorge. This shape definitely works great on our guys who order and own it, but we can do custom work. The jackets are offered MTM when you order one, so we can lower it as long as it's reasonably in the pattern.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the basic Nuovo shape is intended to be Neopolitan, and that typically implies a higher gorge. This shape definitely works great on our guys who order and own it, but we can do custom work. The jackets are offered MTM when you order one, so we can lower it as long as it's reasonably in the pattern.
Thanks good to know that lower gorges are an option! Will consider that in the future

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is a highly subjective thing, but I find the gorges tend to look higher on the models than they fit on me since those guys are so thin. I'm about a drop 6.5" or 7" and I find the Epaulet gorge feels pretty classic on me - somewhat modern, but hardly into Boglioli territory. So, unless you're a svelte motherfucker like the dudes in the photos, too high of a gorge may not be an issue. If you are a svelte motherfucker like the dudes in the photos, congrats. You're hotter than I am.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know this is a highly subjective thing, but I find the gorges tend to look higher on the models than they fit on me since those guys are so thin. I'm about a drop 6.5" or 7" and I find the Epaulet gorge feels pretty classic on me - somewhat modern, but hardly into Boglioli territory. So, unless you're a svelte motherfucker like the dudes in the photos, too high of a gorge may not be an issue. If you are a svelte motherfucker like the dudes in the photos, congrats. You're hotter than I am.

Entirely correct, and thanks for posting this. Jay is about 6'2" and wearing a size 38 in the photo, so everything looks a bit shorter on him than it would on the typical customer. It just be like that. The Nuovo gorge is actually pretty standard, and you can see it modeled here on our dude Dr. Bon Ku....

IMG_2143.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh and I'm working like crazy on this custom shirting relaunch, but good lord, some of the exclusive fabrics that we have are BONKERS good. Check out the *three* colors of Homies checks that we'll have on offer...

Flannel5.jpg

Also, I'll dare say that this will be the best swatch photography that you've ever seen from us. We nailed this lighting!

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not certain what this shirt relaunch entails, but I have asked here a few times for a bigger and better selection of dress shirt fabrics, including whites, light blues, and light blue stripes of different types.

Thanks to Jim at IS, I have had a good set of measurements on file for a few years, yet have only ordered two shirts and both ended up being the same cloth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads