• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
738D5B5A-37DA-4E1D-8247-22F9ED7F7F57.jpeg
27055BED-7EBB-4EA4-B781-62C9B0204CF9.jpeg
2D79F6F4-9034-4799-8A12-A1FBB1A5ADEE.jpeg

NycLondon

Reaction score
When will you offer again your Classic sneaker in light brown?
sneakers.jpg
I bought my first pair when you where still in NYC.
They are The Best! So a 2nd pair, followed by a small experiment with dark brown. I live in these things, super comfort, well made, smart (when you clean them, sorry about the NYC grim).
At a trunk show in NYC a few years ago you offered them in yellow cordovan-I was still on my first pair, and did not appreciate how great they are. Will such be offered any time?

NycLondon

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all of the feedback guys, it's always really valuable to hear everyone's thoughts on our projects. To be totally honest, I don't really have the bandwidth to expand the footwear collection much past where it's at now. I think that we're making a superior product, but that's only a small part of the game when you're making sneakers. Branding and positioning is far more valuable, and my time is probably better spent building out our stock garments and our custom clothing. I love doing the sneakers and it's awesome when people are really into them, but they're going to just be a product that runs alongside our main clothing business.

To date, our horsehide items (Ghost & Unfinished) have performed the best, received the highest praise, and sit in the most unique market niche, so I just ordered into them for Fall. Even with that, my return rate is still pretty large it may or may not make sense after this season. But I'll see how things go, and maybe I can expand on stuff for Fall. No matter what you do, one last can't work for everyone, and some customers will be unhappy with the unavoidable variations in horsehide leather, so we'll see if the good outweighs the bad.

And yeah, on sizing, I honestly don't have an answer. At this point, my factory just isn't making any units above US13 no matter what, so that's my hard limitation with things. I'm loath to do any preorders because of timing. I just can't control their turnaround, and something like 2/3 of our sneaker projects went past their anticipated date, despite all efforts from me. We're too far away and too small of a customer for me to exert any real control. I don't want to sour anyone on shopping with us, so I'm only doing preorders where I feel confident about the final delivery window.

Anyway... I with that I could do more, but long story short, our sneakers will just continue to be the classic shapes we've been offering. This will be the first season where we stock unfinished horse, so hopefully that works. It's very instagram friendly, and giving an option to exchange can hopefully get some new guys into the customer base.

This is a good reply.
As you know most normal consumers see things from their own point of view. We are like children - we think we are the centre of the Universe. However, in my own business I have come to appreciate manufacturers need to stand by their product, and deliver a product that "works" (a complex phenomenon!).
But being a lover of your sneakers, I hope you can offer something more than white, soon.

flashjack

Reaction score
Finally got my pents order from the Hertling final cutting promo. First time I've tried the Rudy fit and I went the same size as I take in the Taylor, or one size down from what I wear in Walt's. Sadly they're much too small in the waist, measuring just under 17" across the waist when laid flat. Has anyone had a similar experience or did I just goof up the sizing badly? (Or just gotten fat...:uhoh:)

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Finally got my pents order from the Hertling final cutting promo. First time I've tried the Rudy fit and I went the same size as I take in the Taylor, or one size down from what I wear in Walt's. Sadly they're much too small in the waist, measuring just under 17" across the waist when laid flat. Has anyone had a similar experience or did I just goof up the sizing badly? (Or just gotten fat...:uhoh:)

If they're slightly small you can go to the tailor and just open it up from that center back seam. But yeah I have a hard time fitting into my old rudy's without opening them up now.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

Hi Mike, any updates on the May Hertling orders? I have 3 orders outstanding and just wanted to make sure they’re still pending for you as well. Thanks!
Yes most of the pants are in but we still have some Greenpoint and Gable Models outstanding... if you ordered one of those shapes then they'll be forthcoming soon. If you didn't.. and you don't have your pants shipped yet, then definitely message me. We have a few pairs getting their waist closures fixed (eg made with belt loops when it was supposed to be side tabs), but that should be the only hang up.

Hi Mike,

I sent an email last week but haven't heard back … I did request side-tabs on all 3 orders, so that's probably the delay. Do you know when they plan to ship?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads