• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the hands video of the Sueded Cotton Twill and the English Cotton Drill (if anyone else has experiences with them, any thoughts appreciated)

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahhhhhhhhh thanks for asking! Let me take everyone through that tomorrow, after this Hertling project is live.
You didn’t think you could sneak something like that by us, did u? ;)
I’ll look forward to the details whenever it makes sense for you to share:cheers:

dupedd

Reaction score
Would linen with single or double pleats look right, or would you say the Greenpoint would look better with the more substantial weight of the hopsack fabric?

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet - can we request any options re extended tab button through, no tab button through, etc. throughout the range of EP fits on this run? Thanks~!

Also - jump ball here - does any fabric scream or subtly scream Garand?

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the sashiko Doyle in Olive. Mine should be here by the end of the week!
Would linen with single or double pleats look right, or would you say the Greenpoint would look better with the more substantial weight of the hopsack fabric?

I think linen looks great in a drapey cut.

mattg1027

Reaction score
I know I’ve seen that jacket before… Was it in a recent Instagram live? Yeah, that’s right because it was a touch small on you if I recall. :)

That reminds me, have you ever thought about saving your Instagram live stories as IGTV videos (I think that’s what they are called)? I don’t really know what that entails, other than it allows me to watch a Instagram live story >24 hrs after the fact, as well as Fast Forward/Rewind reasonably well.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
@Epaulet Trying to do an exchange and get in on that blue linen Doyle in the same transaction. Can you help me out?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Mike - sadly never owned a pair of Hopsack Trousers - what do you think, great for summer? Appreciate the help.

Definitely... in particular these REDA goods, which tend to be a bit lighter. It’s not as thin as a pure tropical wool, but it’s far more wearable year round. Honestly, these are pretty perfect. And the indigo is light enough in tone to work well with a navy jacket imo.

Looking forward to the hands video of the Sueded Cotton Twill and the English Cotton Drill (if anyone else has experiences with them, any thoughts appreciated)

Thanks... I’ll definitely have that tomorrow!

You didn’t think you could sneak something like that by us, did u? ;)
I’ll look forward to the details whenever it makes sense for you to share:cheers:

Totally... this is a new shape called the Blouson. I was going to drop it this month in Sashiko, but we got too backed up with the Doyle’s and EZ’s, so I’ll most likely push it out until August. It is SO boss though!

Oh absolutely... linen is great with pleats. Really the Greenpoint will look excellent in anything that we’re offering.

@Epaulet - can we request any options re extended tab button through, no tab button through, etc. throughout the range of EP fits on this run? Thanks~!

Also - jump ball here - does any fabric scream or subtly scream Garand?

Ah sorry, we can’t do any style customizations with these, at least in the scope of this promo. And I love the Sueded Twill and Drill for the Garand

The sueded cotton twills look like perfect Garands to me.

Word!

Looks like the sashiko Doyle in Olive. Mine should be here by the end of the week!

I think linen looks great in a drapey cut.

Agreed, linen is boss with larger fits and pleats

I know I’ve seen that jacket before… Was it in a recent Instagram live? Yeah, that’s right because it was a touch small on you if I recall. :)

That reminds me, have you ever thought about saving your Instagram live stories as IGTV videos (I think that’s what they are called)? I don’t really know what that entails, other than it allows me to watch a Instagram live story >24 hrs after the fact, as well as Fast Forward/Rewind reasonably well.

Really good suggestion, I’m going to look into that tomorrow!

@Epaulet Trying to do an exchange and get in on that blue linen Doyle in the same transaction. Can you help me out?

Yes definitely!

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wish there were patterns.

takashi78

Reaction score
@Epaulet
Hi Mike,

I think i was your first customer from Malaysia LOL.
Ordered 2 sizes of Garand last time and although i was a true 34in waist i think i needed to take in another 1in even on the size-33.

Does everyone think i should go down one size this round?

Thinking of trying the Greenfield this round as well but primarily for more casual fridays, does it work?

utopiaburger

Reaction score
Hey @Epaulet

I’m thinking about getting a linen Doyle but was wondering how they fit. I had a duck canvas Doyle from the original run in 36 which was a bit snug, now have a sashiko Doyle in 38 which is a bit big. Was leaning towards a 36 in linen because i’d be wearing it with thinner layers. What do you think? (I’m assuming there’s no 37)

Thanks!

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Awesome! Can you drop me a pm or email on how to proceed?

Thanks.

NorthCoast said:

Yes definitely!

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet
Hi Mike,

I think i was your first customer from Malaysia LOL.
Ordered 2 sizes of Garand last time and although i was a true 34in waist i think i needed to take in another 1in even on the size-33.

Does everyone think i should go down one size this round?

I sold both pairs of Garands that I bought (olive and khaki). They were awesome, but ran a size large. So I have the same question.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads